Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #85
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Awesome! Congrats on the drive! Perma-grin? I bet you have Ultra-grin. That car is amazing. I'm with you on the 'brand new isn't good enough' train, I just can't go quite as far with my new Camaro, gotta keep the warranty. So I'm limited to mostly cosmetic mods for the 5 years. It'll be unique for sure.

I can't wait to see the full pics!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #86
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Finally.... Lol

Just kidding John. I can't wait to see it. I have been following along and after seeing what you have done it is giving me more and more ideas. But in red of course.

See you soon brother.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #87
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Awesome! Congrats on the drive! Perma-grin? I bet you have Ultra-grin. That car is amazing. I'm with you on the 'brand new isn't good enough' train, I just can't go quite as far with my new Camaro, gotta keep the warranty. So I'm limited to mostly cosmetic mods for the 5 years. It'll be unique for sure.

I can't wait to see the full pics!
Thank you ALLTURBO! But did you read my whole thread? My car is completely covered under warranty, Powertrain & all
!! SLP & Chevy work together and as long as a Chevy dealer, GM certified shop or SLP itself do the install then any issues I can bring to any GM dealer for service..Now of course, that doesn't apply to the suspension since it's all been upgraded with Pedders, but in all my years of owning cars (25+) I've never had suspension warranty work needed. The engine & major drivetrain components are all covered for 5yr/100K...Then I'll go headers & cam unless I just say WTF and just do it! But I'm extremely happy with what I drove today!

Thank you all again for the great support I've received here, this place ROCKS!

See Tom, I told you my SS wasn't a figment of my imagination!!!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #88
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
I still have properties back in NJ, still kept my Eagles season tickets so I'm back quite a bit.....I've always wanted to come out to Cali so I could surf year round, I'm getting that out of my system and I know one day we'll be back east and I'll definitely still have my SS as it's a lifer, so one day Lukeko we WILL cruise!

BTW, just got a call from the shop, they're putting my car on scales and are going to balance it prior to the alignment. I can't speak highly enough about Ray & Extreme Auto Works, he took this car as if it were his own and he's doing a tremendous job with it, he's still there at 7:30pm balancing it and he actually has more pictures of it than I do...You have to admire someone that takes such pride in their work. I HIGHLY recommend Extreme Auto Works for any Camaro or performance car owner on the Central Coast, if you want fair, honest people working on your car. A good, honest & reliable mechanic is hard to find these days!
Sounds like a plan.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:37 AM   #89
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
Finally all put back together? Cant wait to see some pictures outside!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #90
Tom D

Quote:
Thank you ALLTURBO! But did you read my whole thread? My car is completely covered under warranty, Powertrain & all
!! SLP & Chevy work together and as long as a Chevy dealer, GM certified shop or SLP itself do the install then any issues I can bring to any GM dealer for service..Now of course, that doesn't apply to the suspension since it's all been upgraded with Pedders, but in all my years of owning cars (25+) I've never had suspension warranty work needed. The engine & major drivetrain components are all covered for 5yr/100K...Then I'll go headers & cam unless I just say WTF and just do it! But I'm extremely happy with what I drove today!

Oh I think there is a lot of imagination involved here. And its turning into a work of art.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #91
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:

Oh right... I wasn't thinking about that because it wouldn't apply to me... It's turbo or nothin'. 10psi and meth injection? What warranty? LOL.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #92
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Kronix, Nice Garage BTW!!---Like the Tahoe Z71..nice looking truck....
Old 03-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #93
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Kronix, Nice Garage BTW!!---Like the Tahoe Z71..nice looking truck....
Thanks Aqua! I'm on my 3rd Tahoe, I love that model, plenty of room & a great powerplant to work with...That baby is pushing 440 HP!

Now back to the SS!
We had it at the alignment shop on Monday, and it turns out I need to get the Pedders Alignment kit to really dial it in and bring it to Pedders aggressive street spec. So that will be in tomorrow, then install and back to the alignment shop. Never count on your car being done when you think, I learned my lesson a month ago!

We did something fun after the initial alignment and we corner weighed the car. For those of you that aren't familiar with the term, we basically put the car on 4 scales and by adjusting each Pedders Coilover, we are able to equally distribute the weight among the 4 corners. This really improves handling to the upmost degree. We have it close to 50%, which is basically impossible in these cars, it's at 52/48 percent distribution which is very close to a Vette. Here's some pictures of that process & I'm posting a bunch of pictures from the past 2 months of things that were done.

The scales used...

Getting weighed

We also put 190lbs in the driver's seat to compensate for my weight. With the scales, you can dial in the weight front to back, side to side & diagonally so you can achieve a perfect/near perfect balance.
Here it's reading the rear, as noted by the 2 green lights

Here you can see total weight, over 2 tons (It did have a full tank of gas which equals about 170lbs)

Now here are some miscellaneous pictures from the past 2 months.

Pfadt Rear Arms & Stock arms

Rear bushing replacements

Pedders XA Coilovers

Granatelli Motorsports products used in the build: 1G Suspension Brace, 80K Coil Packs & Hi-Temp Wires

We replace the spacer bushings that came with the 1G Brace with a nice beefy custom bushing

Finished products, ours is on the right

Ours on left

Part of the wideband A/F gauge is installing an o2 sensor bung

Finished welded bung

I added the DRL harness & AAC LED switch to control the DRL/Fog lights to come on/off whenever I want. The AAC LED ring has VERY DELICATE pins, so extreme care must be taken when doing the soldering. We soldered, then heat shrunk every wire, then glued & heat shrunk all wires...Very tedious work!

Everything all heat shrunk & glued

From the body shop, closing out the mailslot & painting some things..

MPD1 Smooth Rear Exhaust Panel & stock diffuser

MPD1 Z-Force Ram Air Hood finished at the shop

Tinting the AAC LED Reverse Lights

Another customer's supercharged Stang, we're already planning a little race

Nearly finished product finally seeing the sunlight, I still have to do some work to the 3dCarbon Rear Spats, I wasn't happy with the initial fit, so they're not on the car yet.

With the AAC LED Sidemarkers on..

With AAC Scanner bars mounted behind grille, Red & White with remotes and in cabin toggle switches as well. You can check out the video posted above to see in action. AAC makes awesome products, they have great customer service & know about everything they sell, highly recommended in my book (Especially dealing with Jon & Matt)

98% done!!!

Right now the car's getting buffed out & then tomorrow I'll work on fitting the rear spats, doing some experimental badge placement to see what looks best. Still waiting on my gasket for the CAI to match up with the Z-Force hood from Eric at MPD1...Please Eric, send it!!!
Once the car's back home in my possession I'm planning a nice photo shoot in a nice environment, not just from the shop's complex...Stay tuned for the finished piece & thanks for all the positive comments & feedback

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #94
shootir
Ventura Co. Camaro Club

Drives: 2012 Supercharged 2SS RS
Looking real good. Cant wait to see it soon.

Nice Job.
2012 Black 2SS RS, Beige Interior, 615 RWHP 540 Torque, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, Comp Cam 228/232 @ .050 115 LSA, Kooks Long Tube Headers and High Flow Cats, GM Strut Bar, Heritage Grille, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers, Sparks SS Emblems,Technostalgia Taillights, JDP Motorsports Color Changing Halo's, CAI Inc Cold Air, Aluminum Pedals, Pfadt Coil Overs, Flowmaster Super 10 Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body, GMS Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, GMS Wires, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, 22" D2Forged CV2 Deep Concave Wheels
www.aaaparadiseplumbing.com
shootir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #95
Tom D

Thanks for that John. Looks like it will be ready for the car show on the 15th. Just don't park next to me. Lol
Old 03-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #96
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
COTW NOW!!!---NOT LATER!!!

Thanks so much for all the hard work putting together your build thread. That "Ride" is soooo HOT!!.
Kronix, I said it before and I will say it again, "Your Camaro is the best build I have had the pleasure to track". If it does not become COTW NOW, Stick a fork in me, I'm done!!!...
Nicely done and congrats my friend...AquablueL99...

Last edited by aquablueL99; 03-26-2012 at 06:25 PM.
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #97
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Nice build thread!! The 3D Carbon kit looks great on your car!! A lot of really nice mods too!
Great job!!
Old 03-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #98
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Awsome build bro ,love what you've done with car great transformation i see a COTW coming soon ,have you considered adding T3 ports with mesh ,not only your car will look bad azz but it will get cold air strait to your CAI box,i like your guages so much i decided i'm getting a set for my car,great build and that's one sick ZL eater

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx