Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #197
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbebechulo View Post
Well I have an LS so my car dnt have halos, n wen I have the original signal bulbs on, dey stay on with my driving lights now with the switchbacks they only turn on wen the car is of as soon as I turn it on dey go off and only the signals work wen I'm gonna turn, I got them on eBay n here's the item number 390432384040 they are white and amber, and yea I would like them to turn on with my driving lights like the original ones, and I'm not sure what is the center pin, since I only switched the bulbs and connected the resistors.
Ok, I understand what you have. I am confused about what you are seeing though. It doesn't make sense that the lights are on when the car is off. I would contact the ebay seller. Did you try reversing the bulb in the socket?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #198
Elbebechulo

Drives: Cyber grey Ls camaro
Im sorry for confusing u, I mean like when my car is off n I press the button to open the doors at nigt or turn on the short lights with the car being off, they turn on but if I turn on the car they stay off n only the amber color light up when I put the signal but the white stayes off n don't come on at all.
Elbebechulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #199
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbebechulo View Post
Im sorry for confusing u, I mean like when my car is off n I press the button to open the doors at nigt or turn on the short lights with the car being off, they turn on but if I turn on the car they stay off n only the amber color light up when I put the signal but the white stayes off n don't come on at all.
If you tried putting the bulbs in the socket in the opposite direction, I give up. I'd contact the seller...maybe they have experience diagnosing the issue. Make sure that the only modification done was to put the resistor across the two outside wires. Other than those things, I don't know.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #200
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Turn signals look good, but not a fan of the eagle eye headlights
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #201
Elbebechulo

Drives: Cyber grey Ls camaro
Ok I'll see and thank u for ur help I appreciate ur time to try and help me out
Elbebechulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #202
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
If anyone is looking for a DIY for RS cars, here it is: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270160
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #203
PFL

Drives: Camaro SS
bought by ebay, 3157 led turn signal, but she is not cleaning the white light, when I select the turn amber direction. may be defective?? placed the resistor okay. but when I apply the light direction, the other is still on.
PFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:32 AM   #204
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFL View Post
bought by ebay, 3157 led turn signal, but she is not cleaning the white light, when I select the turn amber direction. may be defective?? placed the resistor okay. but when I apply the light direction, the other is still on.
There are several different types of switchbacks. Some are like yours: white/white+amber/white/white+amber/white. Some are white/amber/white/amber/white. There are also some that are white/amber/off/amber/off/white.

You have to know what type you are buying. Mine are the white/amber/white/amber/white type.

Resistors are only to fool the computer that your turn signals are not blown.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #205
PFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
There are several different types of switchbacks. Some are like yours: white/white+amber/white/white+amber/white. Some are white/amber/white/amber/white. There are also some that are white/amber/off/amber/off/white.

You have to know what type you are buying. Mine are the white/amber/white/amber/white type.

Resistors are only to fool the computer that your turn signals are not blown.
my lamp 3157 white, not amber goes to output the steering. is constantly lit. and how white is stronger, even amber lighting, it absorbs the amber color. and frontally not see the signal direction, to be lit becomes weak along with the white. will I have to buy another?? White does not respect the turn of amber.

Thank's man
Old 01-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #206
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
my lamp 3157 white, not amber goes to output the steering. is constantly lit. and how white is stronger, even amber lighting, it absorbs the amber color. and frontally not see the signal direction, to be lit becomes weak along with the white. will I have to buy another?? White does not respect the turn of amber.

Thank's man
Yes, sounds like you have the first type that I described. White stays on when amber turns on with the turn signals. I listed how each of the 3 types work. You'll need to get one of the other types.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:53 AM   #207
PFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Yes, sounds like you have the first type that I described. White stays on when amber turns on with the turn signals. I listed how each of the 3 types work. You'll need to get one of the other types.
what is the right number for my car?? my camaro is non rs.

thanks man for the information
Old 01-22-2014, 05:12 AM   #208
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
what is the right number for my car?? my camaro is non rs.

thanks man for the information
I believe that these are what you are looking for: http://www.gen5diy.com/Lighting/Ligh...witchback-bulb

You probably want to check with them first to make sure that the white turn off when the amber comes on.