Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Opinions on taking the car in...

Hey all,

I've had no real issues and have not been back to the dealership since taking delivery of my 2010 in September of 2009. I'm looking for opinions on any TSB's or things that would benefit me to go get checked out or updated prior to going off warranty. ECM flashes? HVAC stuff? PDIM stuff?

I've heard of some of these having issues but I just hit 6000 miles even when I shut her off at work this morning. As the car is my toy and I don't pile on the miles I'm concerned about things not showing up until it's too late for warranty.

The one issue I have had was one muffler carrying around a gallon of water for a few months before I realized it and opened up the drain hole. It now sounds like it has a loose baffle. Under load at low rpm you'd swear a Honda with a fart can is coming by but there is no one there. LOL

Would they replace one muffler? Both? I've heard there was a revision to them not too far into the production run. If so, are the new ones any louder or different sounding?

Thoughts? Benefits to "Heading trouble off at the pass." vs. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I appreciate your time and look forward to some feedback.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote