Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
converted

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Lethal racing night fury!!!!!

Just got my car back from lethal for the night fury treatment. I cannot say enough about the customer care and service these guys offer. They treat your car like it is their own and really care that you be happy with the end product.

Original plan was night fury package and a 3.91 swap for the rear. So i opted for no extra porting or an underdrive pulley so my numbers ended up at 475/447. Car is a beast!!! Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond anyones control we did not get the gears on this trip but will do soon. I have attached one of the dyno sheets and will get a video up soon. All the ones i currently have are apparently formatted wrong and it wont let me upload them.
Thanks for looking!
Attached Images

converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Very nice!
Old 06-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
Abrahams11SS

Drives: 2013 ZL1 V3RT
How does it drive? any surging or bucking? When does the car really slam you back.. I recently just did a TSP 231/236 and once you hit say 2800 it really pulls..
Abrahams11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Very cool!
Old 06-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
RKCamaro13

Drives: 2011 Red 2SSRS A6
I was at lethal racing the day you picked it up looking at a getting my cam soon, your car sounds amazing a real beast hope you like it. I'll be getting mine in a week or two.
MPD1 Z Force hood, 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and diffuser, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations emblems, Magnuson Supercharger, ID850 Injectors, Alky Methanol Kit, Livernois Fuel Pump Roto-Fab CAI, SW long tube headers, CNC ported throttle body, High flow cats, Lethal Racing Prowler Cam, LS3 conversion, Yank 3400 Stall, Corsa 3" cat back exhaust, RX Catch Can, BMR Suspension, BC Coilovers, Slotted and Cross-drilled rotors, Custom Interior.
RKCamaro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
awesome!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by converted View Post
Just got my car back from lethal for the night fury treatment. I cannot say enough about the customer care and service these guys offer. They treat your car like it is their own and really care that you be happy with the end product.

Original plan was night fury package and a 3.91 swap for the rear. So i opted for no extra porting or an underdrive pulley so my numbers ended up at 475/447. Car is a beast!!! Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond anyones control we did not get the gears on this trip but will do soon. I have attached one of the dyno sheets and will get a video up soon. All the ones i currently have are apparently formatted wrong and it wont let me upload them.
Thanks for looking!
converted,

Interesting post. I'm happy to see a member of the team enjoying their vehicle. Please let us know if you ever have any questions.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Congrats! Good numbers for sure!
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
converted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahams11SS View Post
How does it drive? any surging or bucking? When does the car really slam you back.. I recently just did a TSP 231/236 and once you hit say 2800 it really pulls..
Very streetable but there is just a little bit of bucking at slower like say 40 mph 4th gear speed but a quick downshift to third and get the revs up a little and she settles out just as good as a stocker only with twice the power it feels. Probably real close to same rpm to start setting you back in the seat. I have not had a chance to wring her out yet as i have had the kids and wife in the car when i have driven it but 2 weeks from now ill get to run the snot out of it on the auto-x track. All in all tho any drivability things are just a little bit of seat time to learn how she behaves and they are gone!! Anybody on the fence id suggest DO IT!!! By the way this is my wifes daily driver!
Old 06-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #10
Abrahams11SS

Drives: 2013 ZL1 V3RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by converted View Post
Very streetable but there is just a little bit of bucking at slower like say 40 mph 4th gear speed but a quick downshift to third and get the revs up a little and she settles out just as good as a stocker only with twice the power it feels. Probably real close to same rpm to start setting you back in the seat. I have not had a chance to wring her out yet as i have had the kids and wife in the car when i have driven it but 2 weeks from now ill get to run the snot out of it on the auto-x track. All in all tho any drivability things are just a little bit of seat time to learn how she behaves and they are gone!! Anybody on the fence id suggest DO IT!!! By the way this is my wifes daily driver!
No surging or bucking at lower rpms? The night fury is one of the largest cams you can get that doesn't require flycutting the pistons right?
Abrahams11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #11
converted

Quote:
No surging or bucking at lower rpms? The night fury is one of the largest cams you can get that doesn't require flycutting the pistons right?
Cant say about flycutting the pistons thats a little out of my knowledge range. As far as the bucking and surging goes tho if you let it yes it will but if you drive it with that in mind and use the clutch to coast a little as needed and just adjust your driving, i really dont find it any different or harder to drive than before the cam install. Sad part is i think my wife is better at it than i am!! Our drive way has a pretty steep slope and we back in to the garage that is at a 90 degree angle to the drive and when she backed in that first day other than the lope and increased volume from the headers i couldnt tell the car was cammed she was soooooo smooth with it.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
426CamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 1S, 426 HP, 6 Speed
Nice....saving my cash to purchase the Night Fury Cam Package....seems like one of the better sounding cams out there. Post a video
426CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #13
converted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 426CamaroSS View Post
Nice....saving my cash to purchase the Night Fury Cam Package....seems like one of the better sounding cams out there. Post a video
Im trying to. All the ones i have right now are in a format that camaro 5 doesnt allow so ive gotta make a new on or two to post up
Old 06-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #14
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
no way!

this is not that big of a cam. we can shaved the heads almost .030with out any PTVC issues with the NightFury cam in an LS3.

OP,
congrats on the cam and thanks for choosing Lethal Racing! Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. You guys over there in Corpus have been really good to us!
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote