Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #43
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Welcome and you will realize that many people on this forum have varying opinions....about YOUR car. LOL Some like v8's only and think all cars below that are toys, some like v6's only for economical purposes, some drive theirs daily, others only drive on the weekend....and the list goes on. Keep your car or drive it how YOU want to. If I was able to own other vehicles right now and had the room, I'd probably park my Camaro for a little while too. My other car would have to be just as fun or better but still I would give the girl a little rest here and there. I don't have another car so I drive it daily, sees rain, snow and even bird poop. Enjoy YOUR ride! lol

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #44
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Welcome!

It's your car, so you get to drive it however you like

The only comment I have to offer is, make sure to look at the bigger picture. Does not getting it wet in the rain make you happier than actually driving it? It goes with the assumption that in 20 years, your car will be just another used Camaro with miles on it. It's never going to be a 0-mile survivor that was taken from the assembly line and packaged away in a freight container, only to be discovered 20 years later with the plastic still on the steering wheel and the dealer tags still on the keys, i.e. your car probably won't be worth a whole lot. So why are you preserving it?

I can see keeping it out of Michigan winters. Snow states seem to destroy just about any vehicle in a period of about 10 years. But rain?
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #45
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
It got pounded with water in the rain booth at the factory. Then it sat outside waiting on a rail car. Shipped by train then onto a transport truck to your dealer. I hate be the bearer of bad news but your car has been dirty and wet. Just enjoy it
Old 05-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #46
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
No rain or snow here either.
"STREET LEGAL" 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible -- 2.9l Whipple Supercharger, CDC SportBar, Cordon CR-1 and MRR M017 wheels, Hex Vents, RPI ZL1 Splitter, CAI, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, high-flow cats, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.875" pulley, ADM FPCM, 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit, Elite Catch Can, APEX scoop and washer bottle relocation kit, Hotchkis lowering springs, BMR sways, BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms, 620 rwhp, 564 rwtq, and tuned by Andrew Zurick of Complete Street Performance by way of Maryland Speed.
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #47
kream88

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1SS RS
My wife and I just purchased our's this past weekend and I told her it wouldn't be driven in the rain or snow. Beautiful sunny days that's all the car will see.
kream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #48
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
Im in ohio. Its garaged thru the winter. I will NOT drive in the rain if possible. If its supposed to rain, the car can stay home. If I get caught in the rain, so be it, but I DO try to avoid.

Also, after microfiber towel drying the car, get out the air compressor with the "spray nossel". Blow ALL the surfaces where panels come together, mirriors, rubber seals, watch all the water come out, then wipe dry. This will save the "water streaks" when you drive after washing

I am FAR from rich or even "having money" ..... I JUST got into this thing. Its my baby, my toy. I want to keep it as nice as possible for as long as possible. I doubt I will ever be able to get another car like this again in my life.

Screw the nay sayers!!! Keep it in the garage when its raining! YOUR GOOD MAN!!!!

EVERYONE thinks im nuts.....girlfriend, friends, neighbors........who cares ...my sh!t looks gooooood
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #49
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Insane...no. If that floats your boat enjoy.

Just remember rain is just water just like what comes out of the hose. I personally would enjoy and drive the car. Here is my story:

I kept my SS as a garage queen for almost two years and it only had about 3000 miles on it. I hurried home at the first sign of rain. Due to a new job and location the car ended up sitting outside and became my daily driver. After the first few weeks of trying to keep it spotless I gave up. A crazy thing happened. I enjoyed the car more! Sure I cleaned and waxed it but the little things did not bother me so I found myself looking forward to driving it and not worrying about rain, bugs, rocks, etc. (heck I ran it through a car wash.... the horror ) When I sold the car for my ZL1 my SS had 12,000 miles on it. (9000 in that last year) As a 3 year old car it was way under miles. You know how much more I received for the car on trade due to the low miles? ZERO. I got a good value but not worth not driving it.

From this experience my ZL1 is driven a ton. 13K and counting. It has been rained on more times than I can count. Sure she has rock chips but a little touch up paint and it is all good. As for rain... wash off the dirt and then wax.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #50
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
I will avoid taking it out in the rain, but if I am out and it is raining then there is nothing I can do about it other than clean it once the weather has cleared up. Since owning mine, I think it has seen rain less than 10 times.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #51
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
You, sir, are not insane. You just like keeping your car clean. While my 2SS has been rained on once or twice while sitting out in the driveway (which is not the same as 'driving it in the rain') I avoid driving mine in the rain to avoid having to detail it all over afterwards. This is why I had three vehicles: one to drive semi-daily (2001 BMW 740i SWB Sport), the 2SS to drive on nice days, and a third car that I bought 5 years ago (and detailed it top to botton) that was not only never driven in the rain since, it never saw a drop of water on it at all; dry detail only.
Yes, I am OCD, but not insane (well, just don't ask my neighbors, they think I am). Enjoy your Camaro!

[IMG][/IMG]
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #52
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
I've had mine for 38 months,almost have 2,000 miles on it. I only drove it once in the rain.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #53
BlueSteele

Drives: 2010 Camaro
You're not insane, I would avoid the elements as much as possible too.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #54
mth35115

Drives: 2010 Camaro rs/ss inferno orange
When its raining, I fear the other drivers more than getting my Camaro wet or dirty.

HOT ROD SS
MTH35115
mth35115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #55
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
To each their own, but in my eyes driving in the rain just adds to the fun of owning a muscle car, i dont have to feel bad for my tires when im peeling out in the rain, and as long as you are safe, driving in the rain can be quite invigorating.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #56
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I live in Florida and my camaro is technically a "third car" which never see's bad weather. I carpool to work with my wife in her 2010 Malibu and if the weather is bad for the weekends and around town I have a beater 93 GMC Sierra. Now the 93 Sierra wouldn't be fit to commute in but due to the carpool thing the Camaro only comes out of the garage when I drive it to work on Fridays or am having fun with it on the weekend. I do my best to plan these outings for when there is no rain in the forecast.

You are not insane!