Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #29
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Let me get this straight, Some of you would drive your car dirty for months before you dare go thru a hand held washer or touchless? What kind of paint do you all have on your Camaros ? Cause i run mine thru a touchless wash at my dealership twice weekly in the winter (because you can not hand wash this time of year )and i have never had a single problem wipe off with a micro and car looks great .
I'm sure it looks great to you...but you are putting lots of micro-scratches in the paint by drying like that. Touchless washes are fine...as long as they are really touchless, as in blown dry.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #30
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
That sucks that your car got messed up. I was in a touchless car wash and it broke around me, dropped a 3" bolt on my front fascia. I called the "in case of emergency" number and told them what happened. The man handed me 500. and apologized for his machine breaking. That was enough to fix it and apply clear bra.
Hope it turns out good for you.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #31
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Best advice, from experience, I can give you is document EVERYTHING. Every person you talk to write down their names, date/time you talked to them, their phone number, and right after you talk to them, write down everything that was said. Do this every single time because it will save you a ton of money.

They may try to play the game of "We/I never said that" but if you pull out date/time you spoke to such and such it will be harder to refute.

It looks like you are going to need a new front bumper and maybe rear. Take it to a reputable shop that you trust to do a good job and get a quote. Then ask for that plus diminished value since your car is brand spanking new. They may or may not go for it but if you are stern you might.

Finally, be polite but firm and never loose your cool. You are in control here and you have to remember that. Don't let them rile you up. If you remember this you will come out ahead in this.

Good luck and don't worry, a good shop can fix your car right up.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #32
2ssx2

Drives: 2013 2ss se/ 2009 cobalt ss
Thanks for the advice. thankfully my wife was with me. We also have a claim/ report written from the car wash kids. only thing is I never seen the damage to the rear until the next day. I have great insurance and push come to shove they will fix it for me and sue them.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #33
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
[QUOTE=Fiveg56;6058599]I'm sure it looks great to you...but you are putting lots of micro-scratches in the paint by drying like that. Touchless washes are fine...as long as they are really touchless, as in blown dry.[/QUOTE

It looks good to everyone.not just me. I am Not putting any more micro-scratches than you are. Of course there are some this is a 3 year old car, and daily driver to boot . I have washed this car hundreds of times , I will polish and wax in the spring most micro scratches come out then ,Not all but most, as you might be aware the Camaro does seem to have a issue with the gloss,
The dealership is very cool and throws me a handful of tokens after servicing there ,I save them all for the winter , I am sure the car wash that they use will not damage the paint. I heard others says the high pressure will. If so i would like someone to explain why they would chance that when they pull in alot more expensive cars than the Camaro to be washed . :5thgenvert:
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #34
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviomaron View Post
They are supposed to call me Tomorrow.
spambot alert
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #35
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ssx2 View Post
I haven't looked at the rims. closely yet. Scared to look. Against my better judgement i pulled into that car wash. Karma is a bitch and I deserved every bit of it. I am so angry because I know the fight begins on Monday and I do not want anyone touching my car let alone having a record that it had been repaired.
The main reason you shouldn't go through an automatic carwash (even a touchless one) is that with your staggered wheel set up, there is a good chance that the rails will damage your rims. (This is meant as informative, not a bash, as many folks likely don't realize the issue is even there.)
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #36
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Pictures of damage. never saw the rear damage until today.

You might want to invest in a detail brush to keep the diffuser grill clean.
http://www.amazon.com/EZ-Air-3001-BP.../dp/B007UTN60K
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #37
45TH RS

Drives: 2012 45TH 2LT RS
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. thankfully my wife was with me. We also have a claim/ report written from the car wash kids. only thing is I never seen the damage to the rear until the next day. I have great insurance and push come to shove they will fix it for me and sue them.
Any status updates on your situation?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #38
2ssx2

the company has not returned my calls. I have turned it into my insurance and had an estimate done. 1700.00 They are fixing it on Monday. I will have to pay the 500 deductible up front and my insurance is going after them. I love my insurance company and really think this is a shitty situation. this will not go on car fax. The company has had around seven claims with the BBB and has satisfied all of the issues so hopefully this issue will be resolved too.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #39
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
How is it not going on car fax?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #40
2ssx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
How is it not going on car fax?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I would tell you why but then I would have to take measures to stop the leaks.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #41
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Best advice, from experience, I can give you is document EVERYTHING. Every person you talk to write down their names, date/time you talked to them, their phone number, and right after you talk to them, write down everything that was said. Do this every single time because it will save you a ton of money.

They may try to play the game of "We/I never said that" but if you pull out date/time you spoke to such and such it will be harder to refute.

It looks like you are going to need a new front bumper and maybe rear. Take it to a reputable shop that you trust to do a good job and get a quote. Then ask for that plus diminished value since your car is brand spanking new. They may or may not go for it but if you are stern you might.

Finally, be polite but firm and never loose your cool. You are in control here and you have to remember that. Don't let them rile you up. If you remember this you will come out ahead in this.

Good luck and don't worry, a good shop can fix your car right up.

T.

And wow man, I dont even know what to say, that sounds like a nightmare. My heart hurts at the thought of that and not being in control of anything going on.
Wow thats just brutal. Hope your repair goes on great.
How are your rims? When you said car wash, thought you were bringing it to an actual touchless car wash with no tracks no anything, thats the only touchless i go to. Which I do about once a month just for the undercarriage wash
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #42
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
I would tell you why but then I would have to take measures to stop the leaks.
Lol. remind me never to buy a car from you.