Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars

Old 10-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
JDP Motorsports J-Spec Camaro

Hi Guys and Gals!

We've been building, testing and breaking things on our 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS for over 2 years now. It has gone through a bunch of configurations and it was built primarily for road course/autocross duty. The premise behind the build is to have a daily driven full weight Camaro that can go to the track and be competitive. We've done that and now we'll share some of the things we've done.

This is the Camaro when we first brought it to the shop!! Virgin!!!!!

We installed and Airaid CAI the first day we had it and it has been on ever since then! It is a great system and one we use on a lot of our builds.

The next thing we installed was an Elite Engineering PCV catch-can. This didn't add anymore HP but it does keep everything clean and functioning properly!

We then installed a Hurst shifter to shorten the throw and add a little style. I later removed the Hurst upper assembly and use the stock knob attachment now.

The next step was to help it breath a little better while turning the volume up a bit! We choose a Magnaflow 3" Comp Series cat-back.

I personally enjoy having a car that handles so the next step was suspension. We install a bunch of Pfadt goodies along with some Spohn trailing arms and toe links.

Now that the suspension was up to the task we started adding more HP. We went with a set of KOOKS 1-7/8" LT headers. The performance gain was huge and with tuning we picked up 40 RWHP.

It was now time to take her out to Miller Motorsports Park and see what she could do! We ended up finishing 1st in the PCA Time Trials and they car was working excellent on stock tires. I did notice the brakes were being worked very hard and starting to fade however.

That lead to the development of our CTS-V conversion package. We wanted to create a package that allowed the customer a complete solution at a great price. We're using the HAWK DTC-30 pads up front with the HP Plus pads in the rear. The package includes stainless lines made to our specs by Goodridge and all the required parts/hardware are included down to the Motul RBF-600 fluid. The end results were truly impressive!!

We also decided to change the front radius bushings at this time and we went with the Pfadt pieces.

The next track event was going well until we broke an axle... This has been the single largest issue I've had and it took us months to finally come to a workable solution! We're now running stock axles with the DSS R/R upgrade and we haven't had a problem since.

I then decided I needed to do some waxer mods to make the Camaro look better and unique. We went with a ZL1 front bumper and we changed everything to include the performance gains offered from the increased downforce and brake cooling.

We installed a CSF Radiator while we had the front end torn apart along with our Stage 3 N/A Cam Package for yet another large jump in HP. We also installed our JDP HEater Hose and Fuel Line Relocation Package.

The next step was a Glossy Carbon Anvil spoiler. This is a great looking piece and it also increased the rear down force.

Next we were offered a set of Pfadt Gen 2 Coilovers to test. We were blown away by the quality of these units and we couldn't wait to try them out.

Next up it was time for some better wheels and Tires!!! We went with Forgeline because the quality and workmanship are 2nd to none!!! I decided to stay with a 20" wheel to keep with the daily driver theme. We wrapped them in Toyo R888's for some improved grip at the track.

We also went with a FAST 102 intake, VMAX velocity ring and Holley Valve covers to clean up the engine bay. I think it looks awesome!!

We then installed some Pfadt ZL Spec sways along with a JDP front tow hook.

We have won the last 2 Lap Battle Time Attack events at Miller Motorsports Park in the Limited RWD class. The car is very neutral and a ton of fun to drive!! There are a lot of pieces missing from this write up but I will go back and add things in very soon!

We've been at the fore front of chassis development on these cars and we're always happy to answer questions! Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Thanks for taking the time to checkout this build!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Synner

Drives: cars
I'm curious on the tires, are you actually driving them on the street? I thought they were too soft for a dual use setup. My car is used the same way, sunday driver and as many track days as I can do but I may drive from VA to NY on a weekend once or twice a year. I was probably going to go with nitto invo's since they seem like the best compromise on traction and longevity for a dual use vehicle. I'm too poor to have 2 sets of wheels/tires and will probably be getting a 20" 10 and 11" setup sometime this winter.

My engine and suspension setup is very similar with only some different brands here and there. Brakes are stock with better pads/fluid since I run shorter courses near me that focus on handling and not a lot of high speed straights.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
thebeast916

Drives: Blown G8 GT
I'd like a price on the 6piston brakes for the front. I would eventually like to upgrade my camaro 4pistons I have now.
thebeast916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
Do you have any more pics of the Holley valve covers? I'm really really liking that alternative to the billet aluminum $600 ones. How do you like them?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
I'm curious on the tires, are you actually driving them on the street? I thought they were too soft for a dual use setup. My car is used the same way, sunday driver and as many track days as I can do but I may drive from VA to NY on a weekend once or twice a year. I was probably going to go with nitto invo's since they seem like the best compromise on traction and longevity for a dual use vehicle. I'm too poor to have 2 sets of wheels/tires and will probably be getting a 20" 10 and 11" setup sometime this winter.

My engine and suspension setup is very similar with only some different brands here and there. Brakes are stock with better pads/fluid since I run shorter courses near me that focus on handling and not a lot of high speed straights.
I run these tires everyday and it is a daily driver. They don't last very long however with the track events and the way I drive. They are a far better tire that the Nitto Invo and you'd probably have no issues with what you're doing with your car. That is the combination I run on my Camaro as well.

The brakes made a difference on the short technical tracks I run and of course they made a larger difference on the 150+ MPH braking zones. I'm very pleased with my car at the moment and now I just need more power! I'm building a 416ci LS3 for it now and I'm looking for 550 RWHP reliably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast916 View Post
I'd like a price on the 6piston brakes for the front. I would eventually like to upgrade my camaro 4pistons I have now.
We have them listed on our website under JDP Products and we have a thread HERE. I can't post that info in this thread however but you're welcome to PM me anytime with questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackeight View Post
Do you have any more pics of the Holley valve covers? I'm really really liking that alternative to the billet aluminum $600 ones. How do you like them?
I do and they are great! They are offered in Black, Silver and Polished. We've done the Black and Silver about 50/50 and the Polished are a PITB to keep clean. Here are a few pictures. We also installed our fuel line and heater hose package and cleaned up the wiring on both cars pictured below.

Silver

Silver

I have more pictures but I am really happy with them. We offer them with new GM gaskets at a great price; please call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

I appreciate the interest in our build and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 10-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
Wow the car looks great. Would also like to see some videos of it performing on the track as well.
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
ackeight

Looks good. Ill be getting the black krinkle. I bought your fuel line and hose relocation kits.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #8
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda View Post
Wow the car looks great. Would also like to see some videos of it performing on the track as well.
Thank you! It does very well! This is a video that a great customer put together for me and I'm working on one that shows more complete laps but this is a good one also!

Quote:
Looks good. Ill be getting the black krinkle. I bought your fuel line and hose relocation kits.
Nice! Let me know and we can get you some pricing. Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 10-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
ackeight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
Thank you! It does very well! This is a video that a great customer put together for me and I'm working on one that shows more complete laps but this is a good one also!

Nice! Let me know and we can get you some pricing. Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
You met your limit on passing people I especially like the pass on the cayman. I'll keep ya'll in mind when I can set aside some dough for the valve covers. I'm still recovering from buying all my pedders zl1 track stuff.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
You met your limit on passing people I especially like the pass on the cayman. I'll keep ya'll in mind when I can set aside some dough for the valve covers. I'm still recovering from buying all my pedders zl1 track stuff.
I have much better footage that I need to edit with some great battles. It was a lot of fun though! That sounds great; just let me know if you have questions!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 10-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
superchris
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO'S 3CC5

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
VERY NICE!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
@ 0:50 sec. Camaro SS aren't suppose to pass Evo Xs good job Jordan.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
@ 0:50 sec. Camaro SS aren't suppose to pass Evo Xs good job Jordan.
The car is really working excellent! I pasted a lot of Evo Xs among other cars I shouldn't be able to pass. I'll post up some more video when I can.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
do u guys sale the zl1 front end