Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #29
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightz/28 View Post
I had the same thing happen to me. but I lost respect for his truck too. although I didnt do perminate damage to his tires as they lost air. I just owned two of his valve stems before I left. It sux when you only have one spare! lol
big difference between accidentally chipping someone's paint and intentionally vandalizing someone's property.

Pretty silly response. If the tables were turned and it was your car with flat tires and you had an emergency, I wonder how you'd take that.

And, yeah I am an old man. But I do my best to respect other folks' property.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #30
Lynnspeed
Attitude is Everything!!

Drives: 2011 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
big difference between accidentally chipping someone's paint and intentionally vandalizing someone's property.

Pretty silly response. If the tables were turned and it was your car with flat tires and you had an emergency, I wonder how you'd take that.

And, yeah I am an old man. But I do my best to respect other folks' property.
"An accident is a specific, unexpected, unusual and unintended external action which occurs in a particular time and place, with no apparent and deliberate cause but with marked effects. It implies a generally negative outcome which may have been avoided or prevented had circumstances leading up to the accident been recognized, and acted upon, prior to its occurrence."

Door Dings are not accidents unless it is a severely windy day, and at that you are parked too close!!! PERIOD!!! Young or old doesn't matter.

Thank you have a nice day!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #31
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnspeed View Post
"An accident is a specific, unexpected, unusual and unintended external action which occurs in a particular time and place, with no apparent and deliberate cause but with marked effects. It implies a generally negative outcome which may have been avoided or prevented had circumstances leading up to the accident been recognized, and acted upon, prior to its occurrence."

Door Dings are not accidents unless it is a severely windy day, and at that you are parked too close!!! PERIOD!!! Young or old doesn't matter.

Hate to break it to you, but you're wrong. Unless the person purposefully flings the door open with the intent to do damage it's an accident. Period. Quote all the wikipedia articles you wish, it doesn't change the fact that anything of this sort that was done unintentionally is, by universal usage of the word, an accident. It is intent that separates the accidents from vandalizing, not the environmental variables leading up to it.

Also note that not reporting said event does not change its classification as an accident, it just makes it an accident that was irresponsibly dealt with.
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #32
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
I feel for ya. Some people just don't care.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #33
Should be fishing

Drives: 2011 1SS A6
I agree with lynnspeed. Door dings are not accidents. If you cared, you are in control of your door. Yes I am a member of the door ding club.
Should be fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #34
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

I agree door dings are not (usually) accidents, and if it was why wouldn't the person who accidentally hit the other persons door not wait, or leave a number?
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #35
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
I think some people need to look up the definition of accident in the dictionary...... Yes, it sucks when it happens. Yes it's irresponsible when it isn't handled properly. That doesn't mean it wasn't an accident.
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #36
gangbuster9611
gangbuster9611

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2
Ugh! Ive had my SS2 since Oct '10 - no door dings yet. I did, have a girl jump in the hood and wanna re-make the Cherry Pie video from the 80's......Good Grief!! <---no damage, she weighed about 100 lbs.
gangbuster9611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:00 AM   #37
Lynnspeed
Attitude is Everything!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binlow84 View Post
I think some people need to look up the definition of accident in the dictionary...... Yes, it sucks when it happens. Yes it's irresponsible when it isn't handled properly. That doesn't mean it wasn't an accident.

Thanks for your opinion...... BUT if you cannot control your car you shouldn't be driving!
Sounds like you may have given a few dings yourself! LOL
Old 02-06-2011, 02:01 AM   #38
Lynnspeed
Attitude is Everything!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangbuster9611 View Post
Ugh! Ive had my SS2 since Oct '10 - no door dings yet. I did, have a girl jump in the hood and wanna re-make the Cherry Pie video from the 80's......Good Grief!! <---no damage, she weighed about 100 lbs.

OMG you must have freaked! That's too funny tho' glad no damage was done!
Old 02-06-2011, 02:31 AM   #39
SG37

Drives: 2011 Mustang
Quote:
Yup, so do I, unfortunately I was in a building early and it filled up... And of course some idiot in a suv had to park right next to me.... I'm waiting for the dealer to get in my "free" accessories I ordered, so maybe they will find some kindness in their heart to fix it.....:tweetz: LOL
you bought a leftover 2010...? I'm guessing since you said "free" accessories.
The dealership probably knows an excellent dent guy. Camaros get door dings very easily. They probably have a ton of experience with getting them fixed.
SG37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:20 AM   #40
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
This is why I park as far away as possible and use up 2 parking spots. I'd cry if someone dinged my door. So far my wife is cool about us having to hike everywhere we drive to.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #41
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Quote:
LOL this is how far I park from my store.....
I would have pushed that loose cart back to the store....because my luck wind would blow it into my door
Old 02-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #42
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
This is why I park as far away as possible and use up 2 parking spots. I'd cry if someone dinged my door. So far my wife is cool about us having to hike everywhere we drive to.
You're asking for trouble parking like that, but that's a whole other story.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote