Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-23-2009, 02:49 AM   #1
lnsjr1

Drives: 02'Z28 07'CTS 03'HD Fatboy
States that have a window tint law.

I am in NJ and can't have tint on my side windows, But the police cars in the areas are all popping up with window tint. Hmmmmmm, lets not talk about the cell phone laws either or somebody better inform the PD while they are driving down the road....Wait maybe thats what the window tint is for.
lnsjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:06 AM   #2
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Factory installed tint is different, and about the only one you can thumb your nose at the law with. But has to be bought that way new. Has special stamps or etches in it to let you pass. [my 85 s15 has em on all pieces.]

which can help you fudge things if you can find factory tint glass from another car.

But yes aftermarket tint is almost banned in places but its always cause someone wanted for crap wants to drive around with blacked out windows.

If only little old ladies going to church wanted it, it would be fine.
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/v6...-all-over.html

----------------------------------------------
"In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate.
In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law.
To pursue... natural justice.
This is not vengeance.
Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response.
No, not vengeance.
Punishment."
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Get a script for macular degeneration of the retina?

What we cops do? There are provisions for tint for service vehicles used for canine. As well any windows rear of the front windows can be tinted from the factory. What specific model of vehicle are you referring to? Car or SUV? Marked or unmarked?

You have a cell phone law in NJ? Have you read any exceptions for this law? I agree that having window tint to keep a canine cool, us not wearing seatbelts, us using cellphones AND being perceptually hypocritical for issuing you an infraction. There are exceptions for police. Whether you agree with them or not is your choice.

I have 35% on my fronts, 20% 1/4's and rear. I have never been stopped for window tint. When I had my 02 T/A with 5% all around, better believe I got stopped just for that. I hated the window tint shade (was a birthday gift) and soon after I was stopped, I was going to get it redone but sold the car for the Camaro.

An uninformed and/or bitter citizen will by nature disagree with me. "Why can police have it, but we can't"?

Simple solution...Become the PoPo.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
LE should be able to tint if it's deemed necessary. I got no problem with it.

And BTW, as far as cell phones and Cops go, here in Alabama, it's the quickest way for the Troopers to get ahold of the County boys. They all exchange numbers. I got no problem with it.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
LE should be able to tint if it's deemed necessary. I got no problem with it.

And BTW, as far as cell phones and Cops go, here in Alabama, it's the quickest way for the Troopers to get ahold of the County boys. They all exchange numbers. I got no problem with it.
What happened to using dispatch?
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
Most State, County and City municipalities do not share digital frequencies on a dedicated channel.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 10-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
State, County and City do not share digital frequencies on a dedicated channel.
Ya, according to my buddy, dospatch would have to call the county ON THE PHONE and ask them to get ahold of an officer, trooper, or deputy. It's much quicker to just let the LEs exchange numbers and use there cell phones.

So Banshee, aparently it's the same where you patrol.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
meanmike
Account Suspended

Ok I did not know that.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #9
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
So Banshee, aparently it's the same where you patrol.
Nextel click to talk were great for chases! Line up 70 guys on a shift from Detroit PD, Michigan State Police, WCSO, Border Patrol and the Feds...

Nobody got away...

Nobody!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Nextel click to talk were great for chases! Line up 70 guys on a shift from Detroit PD, Michigan State Police, WCSO, Border Patrol and the Feds...

Nobody got away...

Nobody!
Awesome.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #11
68 Z/28
Father Time

Drives: 1967 Malibu / 2002 Caddy DTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 68 Z/28
Quote:
don't see the diference myself holding a cell phone or a mic. seems the same to me , so why not a cell phone all good to me if it helps them do their job

68 Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z/28 View Post
don't see the diference myself holding a cell phone or a mic. seems the same to me , so why not a cell phone all good to me if it helps them do their job

Every job has 'perks' and we all take advantage of the perks that our job comes with. No different for LE.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #13
meanmike
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z/28 View Post
I never said there was a difference I was just wondering why. As for the reason why not a cell, IMO it is kind of hypocrtical. It would be a good way to set an example. And dont get me wrong I understand now why they do however that does not change my opinion on the subject.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #14
TwoEcho
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-Imperial Blue
I know here in SC the cruisers are all getting handsfree bluetooth...

TwoEcho is offline   Reply With Quote