Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #85
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHWA View Post
I read through the entire thread and just want to make sure that my understanding is correct. We will be able to us this module with Oracle lighting correct? I have a bunch (mostly the dynamic) already installed but like your controller system a lot. Seem that we should be able to just replace the current controller modules with yours correct?
I'm not familiar with "dynamic", and I couldn't find anything other than off-road lights. For RGB LEDs, we should work with any common-positive LEDs. That means one wire for positive, and 3 negative wires for each color. This is the most common type. Also called Common-Anode. If you could PM me a link to their product specs on the lights and/or controllers that you are using, I should be able to tell for sure.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #86
SHWA

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS L99 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
I'm not familiar with "dynamic", and I couldn't find anything other than off-road lights. For RGB LEDs, we should work with any common-positive LEDs. That means one wire for positive, and 3 negative wires for each color. This is the most common type. Also called Common-Anode. If you could PM me a link to their product specs on the lights and/or controllers that you are using, I should be able to tell for sure.
Thanks. By dynamic I meant that they can do millions of colors as opposed to just RGB.

I will PM you with my current set up just for additional clarifications.

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #87
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHWA View Post
Thanks. By dynamic I meant that they can do millions of colors as opposed to just RGB.

I will PM you with my current set up just for additional clarifications.

Thanks!
Thanks. Reply sent. To summarize for everyone: Oracle ColorShift 2.0 lights should have no problem being controlled by our SL module or strip-light ports on the HP module. Additionally, even though we still need to test with one, their mailslot scanners will be able to be turned on/off with our controller, which you would be able to do with your smartphone or wireless RF remote.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #88
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

By the way, have we mentioned that our RF remote won't interfere or control anyone else's system? There was a lot of frustration at camaro fest last year because everyone's remote was turning on/off their neighbor's systems. I also talked with one camaro owner that has 8 remote controls to control their system. One smartphone is all you need guys! And most of you already have one in your pocket.

I'm working on getting everything set up to accept pre-orders for halo kits as well as NightOwl upgrade kits for JDP Halo kit. We're looking good to begin shipping these in about 4 weeks. We're waiting on our wiring harness partner to get a crimping die made. As soon as we start taking orders, I'll be getting the individual modules opened up for pre-orders.

Pricing should be available very shortly.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #89
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Thanks. Reply sent. To summarize for everyone: Oracle ColorShift 2.0 lights should have no problem being controlled by our SL module or strip-light ports on the HP module. Additionally, even though we still need to test with one, their mailslot scanners will be able to be turned on/off with our controller, which you would be able to do with your smartphone or wireless RF remote.
I have lots of oracle lights including halos and scanner if you need a tester plus a nearby oracle installer who most likely would love to carry your product
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:30 AM   #90
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LFX-RS View Post
Cool!! I was wondering if the halos were going to be bright enough. Your post just answered that question. I can't wait to see the pricing and the install instructions
Very glad I could help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
I assumed so. Still looks awesome Ive seen Jts in person.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #91
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
By the way, have we mentioned that our RF remote won't interfere or control anyone else's system? There was a lot of frustration at camaro fest last year because everyone's remote was turning on/off their neighbor's systems. I also talked with one camaro owner that has 8 remote controls to control their system. One smartphone is all you need guys! And most of you already have one in your pocket.

I'm working on getting everything set up to accept pre-orders for halo kits as well as NightOwl upgrade kits for JDP Halo kit. We're looking good to begin shipping these in about 4 weeks. We're waiting on our wiring harness partner to get a crimping die made. As soon as we start taking orders, I'll be getting the individual modules opened up for pre-orders.

Pricing should be available very shortly.
Joe- if I PM you my planned setup will you be able to tell me what controllers I would need from you? I just want to make sure I am ready for the pre-order!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #92
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
I have lots of oracle lights including halos and scanner if you need a tester plus a nearby oracle installer who most likely would love to carry your product
who is the oracle installer?

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #93
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Joe- if I PM you my planned setup will you be able to tell me what controllers I would need from you? I just want to make sure I am ready for the pre-order!
I could help at any time. The initial pre-order will be for halo kits only. I'm hoping to have the individual modules available soon after that.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #94
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Quote:
I could help at any time. The initial pre-order will be for halo kits only. I'm hoping to have the individual modules available soon after that.
what kind of halos kits? details please

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #95
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
PM sent! I will be happy with increased control of the JDP halo kit at first. Looking forward to seeing your other products as well. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #96
Picklez

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
yes I was the eight control person...lol I cant wait.... I have oracle halos but I am getting discouraged with there products... sidemarkers fogged up and I had to silicone them, then putting them back in both clips broke on the front ones.....I have talked to several other people that they broke on them too...one of my RGB controllers for the halos went out and now my rear emblem only has half the LEDs working... Once again Im going to have to call and argue with there poor costumer service reps which I explained is going to cost them in the long run because I tell everyone about them. Its always a run around with them. I have bought everything they make for the camaro you'd think they'd try to accommodate a good customer! Anyway I cant wait to get the NightOwl and I will make sure people know's there name...Thanks to Joe and his son for all the hard work.
Picklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #97
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Good to see that you finally got this off the ground good luck with everything

Last edited by ken53007; 03-29-2013 at 02:37 AM.
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #98
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Just wanted everyone to know that our pre-sale for the halo kits is open. Please let me know if you have any questions.

NightOwl RGB Halo Kit - PRE-SALE