Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #1
woyster_13ss

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS
Vitesse or Tune?

I've been considering purchasing the Vitesse Throttle Controller for sometime now. However recently I've been wondering if a custom tune would be better.

My car is basically stock...2013 Camaro SS, M6, NPP exhaust (valves open except when the wife is in the car ). Only performance modification I've done is a CAI Cold Air Intake.

I wasn't planning to do any other performance modifications in the near future, but I am looking for a little more out of the car as it doesn't feel quick enough for me anymore.

What can I expect out of a tune on a mostly stock, manual camaro? Would a tune be the way to go, or should I continue down the Vitesse route?
6.2L V8, NPP, Manual 6-Speed, GM Performance Shifter, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Bo White's Stage III Ported TB, Sunroof, Window Tint, Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harnesses, 5000k LED DRL Bulbs, APEX Skip Shift Eliminator, Hood Spears / Front & Rear Blackout Panels / Gills from Big Worm Graphix, Gary's Customz Front & Rear Painted Bowties, Powdercoated Wheels & Camaro Badges, Painted Calipers, Plastidipped Taillight Bezels
woyster_13ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by woyster_13ss View Post
I've been considering purchasing the Vitesse Throttle Controller for sometime now. However recently I've been wondering if a custom tune would be better.

My car is basically stock...2013 Camaro SS, M6, NPP exhaust (valves open except when the wife is in the car ). Only performance modification I've done is a CAI Cold Air Intake.

I wasn't planning to do any other performance modifications in the near future, but I am looking for a little more out of the car as it doesn't feel quick enough for me anymore.

What can I expect out of a tune on a mostly stock, manual camaro? Would a tune be the way to go, or should I continue down the Vitesse route?
Hands down a JRE custom tune would be far better.

Benefits are
Cooler running
No skip shift
No torque managment.
Optimized fueling
Optimized timing
Custom calibration for your cold air kit.
Rev limit raised
speed limiter removed.
Much improved overall driving experience.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:04 PM   #3
mma

Drives: 1LE
Tune!
mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:17 PM   #4
Hummbusa

Drives: 2015 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Hands down a JRE custom tune would be far better.

Benefits are
Cooler running
No skip shift
No torque managment.
Optimized fueling
Optimized timing
Custom calibration for your cold air kit.
Rev limit raised
speed limiter removed.
Much improved overall driving experience.

Ted.
Could you point me in the right direction for the tuner. I have a 2015 SS M6 I want tuned
Hummbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:03 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummbusa View Post
Could you point me in the right direction for the tuner. I have a 2015 SS M6 I want tuned
You are talking to him

We suggest our SCT X4 tuner, and buy parts from me get custom tuning for those parts FREE program.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:14 AM   #6
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
A tune will be more beneficial and more customizable to your needs.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:37 AM   #7
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
It all depends how much money you want to spend and your driving style. I have a JRE 93 and 91 tune with a SCT tuner and a VTC. The tune will give will actually give you HP and other things. The VTC only gives you faster throttle response, no HP. It lets you get to your HP quicker because it will rev a little faster. A little means .1-.8 of a second. I got the VTC last and only like it for better throttle manipulation. Makes parking and rev matching much easier. I use setting SP3 for normal driving and switch to SP5 when driving aggressively. Since you have an LS3 I would look at a Bo White PTB before the VTC. It gives you a little HP, 5+? and great throttle response.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:00 AM   #8
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Tune for sure
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:29 AM   #9
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
It all depends how much money you want to spend and your driving style. I have a JRE 93 and 91 tune with a SCT tuner and a VTC. The tune will give will actually give you HP and other things. The VTC only gives you faster throttle response, no HP. It lets you get to your HP quicker because it will rev a little faster. A little means .1-.8 of a second. I got the VTC last and only like it for better throttle manipulation. Makes parking and rev matching much easier. I use setting SP3 for normal driving and switch to SP5 when driving aggressively. Since you have an LS3 I would look at a Bo White PTB before the VTC. It gives you a little HP, 5+? and great throttle response.
That^

Whatever you decide, get a tune first. The VTC is more of a fun thing to have. Half the people that buy them don't like them anyway. I love mine, but only for the fun factor.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote