Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 01-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Question How do ya' post a picture of a drag time slip?

I wanna' post a time for the 1/4 mile. The drag time slip is in my hand; my Apple computer has a "photo booth". How, exactly, does one show the slip to the computer and have it appear on the Camaro5 Forum?

Please treat me as the complete novice which I am. Step by keystroke, as they say.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
I take a photo of the time slip and load that photo on my computer, then load it to the site. I don't know anything about an Apple "photo booth".
Old 01-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
scan it...Click on your album...Upload that scanned file..And its up.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
I take a photo of the time slip and load that photo on my computer, then load it to the site. I don't know anything about an Apple "photo booth".
+1 take a pic of it. Load it to comp and upload on here!

How to upload onto site!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64469
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Ivas
el Ruco

Okay, when I "take a picture of it" that must be done with a digital camera with a removable flashcard that can be downloaded through a reader attachment that can be connected to the back of the computer with a USB cord. I have such a camera and the reader attachment for the Flashcard. Now, that'll put the picture of the time slip in the computer's "document" file. Whew! THAT I believe I might accomplish, but the transferring of that picture from the "Documents" file to Camaro5 Forum is gonna' be the fly in the ointment. I don't think that's within my ken. So, once again I'm gonna' be stymied.

Ain't there anyway, anyway at all, of showing the time slip to the camera lens built inta' the computer and have it go to Camaro5 Forum?
Old 01-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
Ivas
el Ruco

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
scan it...Click on your album...Upload that scanned file..And its up.
What, exactly does "scan it" mean? I have a scanning device that I used to use to copy photographs and send 'em to the computer "Document " file. It's been more than a few years since I did that sort of thing. The wires are no longer connected from the scanning device since I changed computers for the Mac.

I'd super prefer to avoid all that secondary equipment with all those cable connections. I wanna' do it the EASY WAY, if there is such a thing.

Thanks, in advance.
Ivas
Old 01-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
BAWLZ SS

Just get the pic onto whatever u have and plug it in to ur computer. Once u plug it in ur computer will read it and it will pop up but if not go to ur computer file and open up whichever drive its in. For example "Drive E" open it and go to the pic of the slip u took open it. Save picture to ur computer. Once u do that go on to Camaro5 site... Go to wherever section u wanna post it... The box in the bottom where u would post a comment you will see where it says "Go Advanced" click on there... It will give u another box (same thing) but with more options... "Click on the little paperclip" its going to open a different window where u can search ur computer so that u can post the pic. Choose that pic file and open it. Click on it and "upload it" once it uploads it will go back to previous screen and the pic "attachment will be there included with any other info u type in. I dont know if i explained it in a way u will understand it.

Again click on the link i posted on previous post and it tells u how u can do it.
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
Old 01-21-2012, 05:38 AM   #8
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivas View Post
Okay, when I "take a picture of it" that must be done with a digital camera with a removable flashcard that can be downloaded through a reader attachment that can be connected to the back of the computer with a USB cord. I have such a camera and the reader attachment for the Flashcard. Now, that'll put the picture of the time slip in the computer's "document" file. Whew! THAT I believe I might accomplish, but the transferring of that picture from the "Documents" file to Camaro5 Forum is gonna' be the fly in the ointment. I don't think that's within my ken. So, once again I'm gonna' be stymied.

Ain't there anyway, anyway at all, of showing the time slip to the camera lens built inta' the computer and have it go to Camaro5 Forum?

You have over 5500 posts and you have never loaded up a photo...........

There is a little paper clip at the top of the submit a post section. click on that and follow along for loading a photo. You will see, just poke around with it.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
Ivas
el Ruco

Quote:
You have over 5500 posts and you have never loaded up a photo...........

There is a little paper clip at the top of the submit a post section. click on that and follow along for loading a photo. You will see, just poke around with it.
Yep, 'fraid so; for me, a thousand words is worth a thousand words,.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #10
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivas View Post
Yep, 'fraid so; for me, a thousand words is worth a thousand words,.

WOW. I think I have more photos posted than posts.........LOL

Hopefully these 1000 words help you out then.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
WOW. I think I have more photos posted than posts.........LOL

Hopefully these 1000 words help you out then.
Lol yup follow that!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
Ivas
el Ruco

Okay, fellas, I got it, right in the puss, as usual... Thass all cool, I got the slip posted; it opened slot #27 on the Power Adders list to a relative new-comer, huzzah!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
BAWLZ SS

Happy to hear that. seems alot harder to do than it really is huh. Congrats on that #27 spot!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #14
Ivas
el Ruco

Thanks, man.