Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-31-2015, 10:22 PM   #43
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Old 04-02-2015, 01:15 AM   #44
Black&WhiteEnvy
211 v6 m6

Drives: 2011 v6 manual white with black
How much would a tune cost from you guys? I take an annual road trip in August every year from Detroit to Tampa then Orlando and back home. Just curious "rough estimate"how long it takes to tune and if you think you would have openings by August. PM to chew me out or to set up an appointment... Thanks for your time Phil and keep up the good work.
Black&WhiteEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:06 AM   #45
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&WhiteEnvy View Post
How much would a tune cost from you guys? I take an annual road trip in August every year from Detroit to Tampa then Orlando and back home. Just curious "rough estimate"how long it takes to tune and if you think you would have openings by August. PM to chew me out or to set up an appointment... Thanks for your time Phil and keep up the good work.
http://www.tampatuning.com/ Tuning@TampaTuning.com 813.727.8720(pulled from his sig) Looks like it costs $280. I would call them.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:52 AM   #46
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&WhiteEnvy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
http://www.tampatuning.com/ Tuning@TampaTuning.com 813.727.8720(pulled from his sig) Looks like it costs $280. I would call them.
I PMed them a few days ago and they told me 550 for a dyno tune.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:59 AM   #47
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
I PMed them a few days ago and they told me 550 for a dyno tune.

Oh. He said tune. Didnt think he meant dyno. Thats way different. But now he knows the pricing of both.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:05 AM   #48
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Oh. He said tune. Didnt think he meant dyno. Thats way different. But now he knows the pricing of both.
Well with the nature of the LLT, you are probably going to only want to do a dyno tune unless you have extensive time to dial it in on the road. I will add they did say it would be about 550. It could be less or more.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #49
c_cook94

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 1LT
I haven't been on the forums lately but today i ran across this thread.. I see the tuning problems have been figured out. That's awesome! but where can the supercharger be purchased? It's not on RX's website or Apex.
c_cook94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #50
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_cook94 View Post
I haven't been on the forums lately but today i ran across this thread.. I see the tuning problems have been figured out. That's awesome! but where can the supercharger be purchased? It's not on RX's website or Apex.
Ta-Da!

http://www.ipf-tuning.com/camaro-supercharger/
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:29 PM   #51
c_cook94

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 1LT
i was referring to the top mount S/C that's in the video.
c_cook94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:51 AM   #52
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I would stay away from RX but Phil will take care of you. Spent a lot of time with him in my car for multiple tunes (new mods) and have had only good experiences. My car and wife's LLT
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:28 PM   #53
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Any updates on this?
Old 04-13-2015, 09:00 PM   #54
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
some guys wouldnt post these results, but im going to.

So I spent about 5 more hours on the experiment Saturday, and made some progress, but not respectable progress in my book. Its a project that I wanted to try to improve on and I really didn't care who built it so lets keep that out of it.

The car is pretty much at the same power it was when it arrived when we did the first pull, but has a couple more pounds of boost that's going somewhere. Id say the first four hours this time was on the street to see what it would tolerate with no effect of the dyno, then back on the dyno. I don't like the numbers game but here they are for full disclosure and we can talk about what the engine is doing or not doing with the boost. The vehicles computer wont let me log my more parameters with boost applications, but we logged what we could.

I put up several runs to explain them.

Run 1 is what it arrived in 295/282. We didn't measure the boost on the 1st dyno, but I video it and it was 4-5 pounds of boost. Slightly cooler night by about 15 degrees, but nothing crazy because the IATs were close to the same. I don't think we'd fighting the IATs. Maybe the number 2s but we cant measure those.

Run 14 is where we left off a couple weeks ago 278/254 with almost 8 pounds of boost and the load was 94. IAT 94

Run 15 is after street tuning and back on the dyno. 291/269 with 5 pounds of boost. No knock. AFR 11.5- 11.9 @ WOT. Load was 104. Timing is about 19-21. IAT 91-95

Run 19 is 290/268 the same tune as 15, but it decided to add almost 3 pounds if boost again. AFR 11.6- 11.8. Load was 104. IAT 90-94

Yes pull 14 had more boost than 15, but 15 more down more power.
Yes pull 19 had more boost than 15, but the HP and TQ was the same.

I know what your thinking, belt slip is causing the boost fluctuation. If I buy into that, adding three more pounds of boost should have leaned the car out and caused a good amount of knock, but it didn't. Nor did it add power.

So where's the boost going is ask myself. We talked about changing to a smaller pulley, and I go back to we're not making more power from 5 pounds to 8 pounds ( granted its random), but where's the boost going. The car is making about 40 RWHP over its stock platform both on its arrival tune that we couldn't see, and my calibrations, so obviously the boost isn't making power. At one point we had it snapper with better throttle response at the cost of the throttle randomly closing, but we stopped that experiment.

Ill have to take a screen shot of the scan because its on my other laptop loaded with BETA.

So we know we can calibrate the LLTs with HP Tuners, but this particular build needs more studying to determine where our boost is going.

Ill try and answer some question about the calibration, but we wont discuss who build it in this thread. It has nothing to do with what we were trying to do. It was just another build to me.

Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:43 PM   #55
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Okay, so my question is a simple one. Has enough been unlocked & made tunable that was not accessible before that it would be worth it for a Camaro like mine that is just every conceivable bolt on & has the HP tune, to go back in for a tune update? BTW I empathize with you on the whole where is all the power going thing. That is how I feel after getting LT headers, high flow cats & the HP tune only to show zero improvement on the track.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #56
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Honesty is the best policy! In my opinion your honesty only makes you more trustworthy.
You were looking for a LLT with bolt-ons to start and I expect you'll have some folks standing in line for that now.

Perhaps in the near future an IPF S/C can benefit as well!

Just keep working with "the little engine that could"!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, corvette, ctvs, v6 tuner in tampa