Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #57
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Keep working Tampa! Maybe there is a boost leak or something some where? But that wouldn't explain the random levels, would it?

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:04 PM   #58
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
What is the ETC position saying on the scanner during a WOT? Also, are the optimal spark tables 5-10 degrees higher than the main spark tables? I didn't pick up any speed really on my car after I went to a smaller pulley, finally got it to trap 113.5 after adjusting the cam timing.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:15 PM   #59
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Okay, so my question is a simple one. Has enough been unlocked & made tunable that was not accessible before that it would be worth it for a Camaro like mine that is just every conceivable bolt on & has the HP tune, to go back in for a tune update?
Rubes, I don't know. What was your RWHP with your tune just out of curiousity. It is a heavy car with a small engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Honesty is the best policy! In my opinion your honesty only makes you more trustworthy.
It really is. Most guys would have swept this project under the rug because the "numbers" weren't good enough. Essentially two calibrator got the same numbers on this built with two different programs so I don't think its the tuning, as much as where is the boost going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Keep working Tampa! Maybe there is a boost leak or something some where? But that wouldn't explain the random levels, would it?
I wouldn't mind a leak, but the power should drop off. The power stayed the same at 5 pounds as it did with almost 8 pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
What is the ETC position saying on the scanner during a WOT? Also, are the optimal spark tables 5-10 degrees higher than the main spark tables? I didn't pick up any speed really on my car after I went to a smaller pulley, finally got it to trap 113.5 after adjusting the cam timing.
Optimal spark is at stock setting because we haven't reached its 26-30 degrees threshold to increase it. I do feel your pain

What throws me off by the below scan is the calculated load at WOT starts at 40% and goes as high as 46%. Where's that projected from and I want to increase that power.

We modified the cam angles in the calibration and that didn't help.

Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:24 PM   #60
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Props on the Honesty, do you think you will come across any complications on a N/A car like mine? I know that is a very vague question, and I know this car is notorious for poor tuning, so I understand if you can't answer that straight up.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:40 PM   #61
Rob21sf

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Props on the Honesty, do you think you will come across any complications on a N/A car like mine? I know that is a very vague question, and I know this car is notorious for poor tuning, so I understand if you can't answer that straight up.

I think if Phil had an NA/LLT to tune with just bolt-ons, some of the unknowns with the tuning might get answered and it would be a win win in the long run. More data more answers. My 2 cents.
Rob21sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:59 PM   #62
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob21sf View Post
I think if Phil had an NA/LLT to tune with just bolt-ons, some of the unknowns with the tuning might get answered and it would be a win win in the long run. More data more answers. My 2 cents.
I agree, I would like to get a tune done to my car and I am willing to make the drive down there. However, I would really only like to do the drive if Phil is able to make some significant changes. I know nothing can be promised, so its somewhat of a sticky situation.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:02 PM   #63
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Is it possible some of the boost is getting lost in a vacuum. Like brakes or something? When under boost does the brake
Pedal feel vague?

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #64
Rob21sf

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
I agree, I would like to get a tune done to my car and I am willing to make the drive down there. However, I would really only like to do the drive if Phil is able to make some significant changes. I know nothing can be promised, so its somewhat of a sticky situation.

I hear where your coming from. I had to make the same choice as well and I figured might as well dive into it! However, I did this knowing it wasn't going to be quick tune and I'm done. I plan to see Phil again once we figure out some of these Gremlins that I'm dealing with my set up.

I'm hoping collective minds come together and come up with a reasonable solutions as to Why this is occurring? One can only hope!
Rob21sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #65
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob21sf View Post
I hear where your coming from. I had to make the same choice as well and I figured might as well dive into it! However, I did this knowing it wasn't going to be quick tune and I'm done. I plan to see Phil again once we figure out some of these Gremlins that I'm dealing with my set up.

I'm hoping collective minds come together and come up with a reasonable solutions as to Why this is occurring? One can only hope!
Hopefully it will all work out. Phil is basically starting off with one of the hardest systems. But hey I guess if you can crack the hardest the rest should be simpler from there. I am roughly a 4 hour drive from Tampa and since I will be towing down, the gas bill won't exactly be the cheapest

I just got the dreaded CEL with LTs, so I would really like to get rid of it. Only took 20 miles of driving for it to turn on.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #66
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Optimal spark is at stock setting because we haven't reached its 26-30 degrees threshold to increase it. I do feel your pain

What throws me off by the below scan is the calculated load at WOT starts at 40% and goes as high as 46%. Where's that projected from and I want to increase that power.

We modified the cam angles in the calibration and that didn't help.
I believe it is off Desired Air Load (DAL) and Max Air Load Torque (MALT) tables. One time at the track my throttle kept closing a little bit when the calculated load was 100%, raised the MALT from 100% to 160% above 3000 RPM and then did a smoothing, fixed the issue. My DAL table at 100% desired torque is 175 @ 6000 RPM with smooth transitions around.

When I get home I can show what mine is doing at the same RPM.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:00 PM   #67
MagnumForceGB

This is what my scanner shows in 4th gear at 6100 RPM's. I have 3.91 gears so I'm at a lower MPH. This log was taken from my 12.607 @ 113.53 run at Thunder Valley, very high trap speed.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2015, 07:30 PM   #68
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Thanks Magnum. Its spurred more experimental thoughts for me with the load, but im still scratching my head lol.

We had very good throttle response on several street runs, but would either go into reduced power or would surge after 45% throttle.

More thoughts to ponder, but thanks for your help
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #69
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Here are a few screen shots from the tune with a before & after from the dyno & another screen shot of other data. The tuner said he could not adjust knock sensitivity as I recall which he felt was a problem but there were other things as well that I don't recall specifics on.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:12 PM   #70
MagnumForceGB

Running late to getting back to work, but if you want some good reading:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...357-LNF-Guides

Especially around the Torque Management section, those LNF guys have a lot of experience with the Bosch ECU.

Tags
camaro, corvette, ctvs, v6 tuner in tampa