Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-21-2016, 08:22 PM   #1
orochiaiacos

Drives: 2011 Camaro convertible RS
bottom leaking

As the carpet of rear right side of my Clamato 2011 RS is soaked when it rains.when I remove the carpet of my camaro 2011 rs,I found there are 2 holes on the floor of rear right side and 2 under the front seat .only one was sealed with a cap which is made of plastic and can be pulled out.I wonder if I need to plug sth into the other three holes。

Also when I pour the water from right side,the water comes into the bottom area mentioned above from the seam existing in the bottom.do I need to seal the seam or just keep it to let the water come out from the holes mentioned above?
Thanks
orochiaiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:35 PM   #2
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
I think water in your carpet is a sign of the drain lines from the water bags not being installed properly. They had a lot of problems installing the lines properly on the early cars. It should be a pretty easy fix, though. Do some searches on here, it is a pretty well known issue. You might even be able to do it yourself.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:52 AM   #3
c-57d

Drives: 14 2SS/RS Triple Black Ragtop LS3
I believe that there shouldn't be any open holes in the floor pan. When I had a moistness issue with my 63 SS convertible, I'd remove all the carpeting and let it dry out of the car. Then thoroughly dry the interior and seal any hole I found. (all factory ones BTW), never had a rust problem in the floor pan. I miss that car.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #4
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-57d View Post
I believe that there shouldn't be any open holes in the floor pan. When I had a moistness issue with my 63 SS convertible, I'd remove all the carpeting and let it dry out of the car. Then thoroughly dry the interior and seal any hole I found. (all factory ones BTW), never had a rust problem in the floor pan. I miss that car.
This is true there should be zero holes anywhere in your car.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:13 AM   #5
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by orochiaiacos View Post
As the carpet of rear right side of my Clamato 2011 RS is soaked when it rains.when I remove the carpet of my camaro 2011 rs,I found there are 2 holes on the floor of rear right side and 2 under the front seat .only one was sealed with a cap which is made of plastic and can be pulled out.I wonder if I need to plug sth into the other three holes。

Also when I pour the water from right side,the water comes into the bottom area mentioned above from the seam existing in the bottom.do I need to seal the seam or just keep it to let the water come out from the holes mentioned above?
Thanks
Can you provide us with some pics of these holes?

Are you the original owner? Perhaps a previous owner drilled holes so they didn't get standing water. Sure would like to see some pics of this whole thing.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 11-28-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #6
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
I had a '12 2LT Convertible that had this exact issue and it was a bad seal inside the door. The dealer fixed it under warranty. I could see the track from water leakage on the plastic trim piece.

Hope this helps, good luck!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:14 AM   #7
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
I think water in your carpet is a sign of the drain lines from the water bags not being installed properly. They had a lot of problems installing the lines properly on the early cars. It should be a pretty easy fix, though. Do some searches on here, it is a pretty well known issue. You might even be able to do it yourself.

-Geoff
This is the most likely cause. NOT an easy fix as the design keeps pulling out the lines when windows go and up and down. Mine had to have a completely new water management bag installed by TECHNICIANS who know what they are doing. Took them over a week to get it right even with the new bag so that the drain lines stay in place. Have them look at the 5th bow as well while they are in there. Prone to breaking, which results in not having a good seal around the back window area near the trunk.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:52 PM   #8
Jfoster

Drives: 2016 GT vert.
We had an '11 do the same thing and it was a seam that had come apart in the right inner quarter panel directly behind the door also the same area the water bag drains into. This was several years ago and was told at the time they had several '11s do the same thing. Finding a good dealer that knows what they're doing is the hardest part.
Jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote