Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #71
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
Sorry, I have been out of the loop since i moved up to a SS.
Smart choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #72
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Sorry, I have been out of the loop since i moved up to a SS.
Just choose a reputable builder if you decide to mod. Not some clown who threatens to declare bankruptcy when you ask for the money he owes you and accuses you of ruining his business after he screws you over. Don't go with THAT guy. He sucks.

Enjoy that SS. They are awesome. If I had it to do all over again I would have bought an LS3.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #73
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Myself, i would keep my 2LT over an SS. 1LE or a Z28 and now I could be persuaded.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #74
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
To good of a deal to pass up for me, LLT to SS and keep all my mods and updates to Camaro that can move over. It look 100% the same is i had it before. just a SS now.

Also got gap, and 5 year Warr and still $50 a month cheaper. only 500 down :-)

The SS already had intake, LT, tune and lowered. What a big difference! Bringing back old days for me when i had a 455 w/671 Blower on it :-)

Already got BNR full bushing kit going in, VVT cam and then in a year a nice Whipple.

So happy i made the swap.

Going to work with FSP or maybe redline for Cam work.

KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #75
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2014 custom blue ZL1
Quote:
To good of a deal to pass up for me, LLT to SS and keep all my mods and updates to Camaro that can move over. It look 100% the same is i had it before. just a SS now.

Also got gap, and 5 year Warr and still $50 a month cheaper. only 500 down :-)

The SS already had intake, LT, tune and lowered. What a big difference! Bringing back old days for me when i had a 455 w/671 Blower on it :-)

Already got BNR full bushing kit going in, VVT cam and then in a year a nice Whipple.

So happy i made the swap.

Going to work with FSP or maybe redline for Cam work.

Good to hear feedback. I'm planning on doing the same in the near future
Old 12-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #76
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Did the swap all the parts over for you?
Old 12-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #77
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

I did all the work. about 40+ hours in about 4 days. 2 days it was raining so it was hard.

had to swap from one car to other: Front Bumper, hood, trunk, back bumper and wire harness, rims/tires, All the seats, CDC sport Bar, and all the trim on doors and dash, GFX sides. the Lambo doors i left on they gave me $ for the parts. So i got a new set on order. I will put them in when i get it.

But the camaro looks the same and the way i want it. So worked out great!

They sold the V6 the day after i dropped it off. Even with the SS bumper and SS seats. Then yesterday i was at the dealer and they had it in for work. Looks like new owner wanted the timing cover resealed. it had little oil coming out. ( normal issue ) but since they have to remove th IM. They did put back the VMAX Black Ice-olator. Said the bolts where not long enough with it on. asked if i wanted it back. So now i got one to sell. should be able to get $50-75 for it :-)
Old 12-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #78
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
I did all the work. about 40+ hours in about 4 days. 2 days it was raining so it was hard.

had to swap from one car to other: Front Bumper, hood, trunk, back bumper and wire harness, rims/tires, All the seats, CDC sport Bar, and all the trim on doors and dash, GFX sides. the Lambo doors i left on they gave me $ for the parts. So i got a new set on order. I will put them in when i get it.

But the camaro looks the same and the way i want it. So worked out great!

They sold the V6 the day after i dropped it off. Even with the SS bumper and SS seats. Then yesterday i was at the dealer and they had it in for work. Looks like new owner wanted the timing cover resealed. it had little oil coming out. ( normal issue ) but since they have to remove th IM. They did put back the VMAX Black Ice-olator. Said the bolts where not long enough with it on. asked if i wanted it back. So now i got one to sell. should be able to get $50-75 for it :-)
Good for you man. Glad it all worked out so well for you. There's such a bigger menu of mods to choose from. GM really ought to open up the play book on the Bosch ECU so more companies can get behind the LLT but it is what it is.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #79
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Well it looks like us LLT guys might be getting a Holiday present from HPTuners ! They are in the final stages of a tuning suite for the LLT Bosch ECU. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #80
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Well it looks like us LLT guys might be getting a Holiday present from HPTuners ! They are in the final stages of a tuning suite for the LLT Bosch ECU. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
That would be cool. good luck!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #81
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Good for you man. Glad it all worked out so well for you. There's such a bigger menu of mods to choose from. GM really ought to open up the play book on the Bosch ECU so more companies can get behind the LLT but it is what it is.
As said above...it finally looks like HP tuners is coming for us LLT guys....this is good news!!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #82
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
This would be great if it happen

sent from my note 3 using the internet super highway
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #83
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Man this would be great since I can't upgrade like I want to a SS because of my wife gifted CLA to me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Old 12-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #84
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
How soon will we know about this? I will be buying my tune soon. I am big on doing things right the first time & not having to re-do things. I would be an unhappy camper if I bought my tune & a few weeks later something better came along.