Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 12-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
El Paso, TX/Las Cruces, NM Caravan leaving 8/4

Morning folks, we have a good set of individuals in Camaro5 EPLC Camaro Club that will be attending Camaro5Fest 6 and we are looking into a 2 day drive. The distance will be around 1,350mi one way which if we did take the endurance challenge of doing it in one shot, would result in an 19 hour drive. As stated before, we will most likely be breaking this drive up into two days with the first day departing from El Paso, TX at around 6am and then driving up to either Dallas, TX where could meet other caravans and/or groups in the area as it is a centralized junction point for many in the centralized western region of the states. Either Dallas which would make the drive only 8 hours or make the trek the max up to Texarkana resulting in an 11 hour drive for one day. There many smaller communities in between Dallas and Texarkana that we could rest at that would help reducing the 2nd day drive, but this of course will be finalized at a later date as the Fest draws nearer.

The 2nd day drive will be determined once we come to a final decision on where it is that we believe would be the best stop on the 1st day, but if we decide to stay in Dallas we would have a 11 hour drive ahead. If Texarkana is the final stop for the 1st day, that would result in only an 8 hour drive. The numbers there and the math can be done at your choice, but we do plan on a 2 day trek.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
C'mon Charlie, you really think it will take us the full 19hrs?

Joking aside, I think it would be cool catch the TX guys in Dallas, but a little easier drive if we ran all the way to Little Rock on the first day. Both of those cities are going to have pretty good rates on hotels also.

Just my opinion, also not sure if the car will be on the trailer this trek or not, if it is I may be rolling a little slower than you all.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #3
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
C'mon Charlie, you really think it will take us the full 19hrs?

...not sure if the car will be on the trailer this trek or not, if it is I may be rolling a little slower than you all.
Hey, not many of the folks in the group are aware of our driving habits, lol. I wouldn't worry about your speed and how slow you may be during the drive, Randy and Garfield will be there with ya

Ryan, we need to find a brewery on the route and stop there for a drink and food this time!
Old 12-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #4
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Hey, not many of the folks in the group are aware of our driving habits, lol. I wouldn't worry about your speed and how slow you may be during the drive, Randy and Garfield will be there with ya

Ryan, we need to find a brewery on the route and stop there for a drink and food this time!
Breweries it is

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
Old 12-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
just so yall will know expect delays on interstate going threw ARK between Little Rock and Memphis it may not be too bad since you'll be doing it on a week day. they are fixing all the bridges and repaving on I40.Hope fully they will have most of it knocked out by when you come threw.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #6
TBone07

Drives: 13 Ashen Gray 1SS/RS
I will be headed that direction from San Antonio. It would be cool if San Antonio, Austin, Houston and El Paso met up in Dallas. That would be an epic caravan.
TBone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #7
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb040 View Post
just so yall will know expect delays on interstate going threw ARK between Little Rock and Memphis it may not be too bad since you'll be doing it on a week day. they are fixing all the bridges and repaving on I40.Hope fully they will have most of it knocked out by when you come threw.
Thank You very much for the heads up! Yeah we're hoping that the times that we drive through some of the heavier populated parts of the country will be between the morning/afternoon rush and lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone07 View Post
I will be headed that direction from San Antonio. It would be cool if San Antonio, Austin, Houston and El Paso met up in Dallas. That would be an epic caravan.
A few of us were talking about seeing on meeting up with some of the clubs that will be attending the Fest from the Texas areas. IF, and that's a big if, the folks from Texas clubs decide the depart on the 4th, maybe we can look into designating a location and maybe even a hotel where we all can stay at before the trek to Bowling Green on the 5th. Have a big Camaro-van on the way.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #8
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Lol I just realized you have us leaving on the 4th. Why so early? I don't think Randy and Garfield are that slow.

I was thinking a long hard day of driving Wednesday then an easier 4-5 hour drive Thursday morning . But I would like to correlate with the TX caravans for the last stretch.

504hp/478tq
Old 12-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Is the Fest on Thursday as well this year or is like all the past years with it on Friday and Saturday only? I was getting confused. If it begins on Friday, then yeah let's aim for leaving El Paso on Wednesday the 5th, balls deep, and make our final drive out easier. If the folks from San Antonio happen to wanna join in, Dallas is a 4 hour trek from them but like was mentioned before, that would lead to a 10 hour drive on Thursday. We should look into maybe stopping either a little before or at Texarkana, TX/AR which would make the drive on Thursday an 8 hour drive east.

Last edited by Char1ieone; 12-15-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #10
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

I'm pretty sure it's just like past years with meet and greet on Thursday evening and actual Fest at the BGR on Friday and Saturday.

However Tag has reserved the Corvette Museum track for Thursday and if there is a decent enough group, they will run it, but there is a premium to run the vette track. No official word on price yet, but likely $150-$200.

504hp/478tq
Old 12-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #11
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Yea from what I have checked on that track, it'll be a pretty penny, but its no different than tunning the Bondoraunt track out at Phoenix back in 2011. It ran the same amount and was way worth it. Maybe Thursday would be the National Corvette Museum day.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #12
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
If I still have my ZL1 I think I am down.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #13
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camero5 View Post
If I still have my ZL1 I think I am down.
We'll keep this posted for the coming months so you and everyone else interested will be up to date.

Last edited by Char1ieone; 12-19-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:58 AM   #14
130na5

Drives: 2014 Camaro
If you guys stop in Dallas or Fort Worth on the way I would be in for caravaning out there.
130na5 is offline   Reply With Quote