Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #99
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post
I just read all these bickering posts thinking that someone might have answered my question inbetween all the posturing...but no.

So I'll ask again. I really would appreciate some input from enthusiasts who have actually added the factory exhaust upgrade kit (GM#92206990) and the air box (GM#92212304) to their V6 before I add $1500 to my order. Does it truly make that much of a power difference to be of value?

and Beast, Thank You for your opinion and feedback on your air box add on.

"Can't we all just get along?" ~ Rodney King
Axle backs have shown minimal gain... cat backs a bit more... guessing the restriction is mainly in the cats and possibly heads... In my opinion you do the exhaust for looks and sound improvement...

I don't think the GM air box is shipping yet... for some reason I don't think it is... so hard to judge that one... HOWEVER I will say that all of these kits reuse the stock MAF/IAT sensor which seems to really suffer from heat soak! Best bang for you buck right now is to spend about $30 or less and add a stand alone IAT sensor...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #100
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Thanks!

I may just wait then and get an aftermarket set up, including the temp sensor, locally..may run a little bit more but, worth it?
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #101
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
guys come on..you have no clue whats going on here..every single thing i post on this forum about performance he immediately post afterwards..hes quick to post comments about how someone is always lying, and said i didnt post an opinion but a fact???im the car driver, i clearly stated that the company said it gave a +20 hp gain..then i clearly put "i dont know about that but it does add a ton more power." which if you want to pick it apart could seem like a fact but to a casual reader when i put the words "i dont know about that" before its supposed to add to the fact that I DONT KNOW. and im not a vendor so everything i say on here should be assumed to be opinion unless i do actually post dyno sheets about it..look at all the other people on this thread even vendors that claim extra power and he doesnt so much as bat an eye..

it has nothing to do with what i posted, its clearly a personal attack against me..now when i try to defend myself you guys act like i turned this thread into an argument and im not being civil..i have been posting sites and performance upgrades for the V6 on this very thread that Milk started since i signed up on camaro5. and you can check every post ive ever posted, i never talk crap and i do nothing but respect and try to help others..then check his posts and he pretty much puts people down if they express any opinions other than his own..

i guess winning an award for his car makes him GOD of the Fifth Gens..whatever i just wont post on this thread anymore just like all the other threads that he gets on..im trying like hell to enjoy this forum and help others..thats the entire reason i have joined is to help others enjoy their car and get what they want out of it as much as i have my own..well and to show off my car too. but for some reason one person on this entire forum just cant seem to mind his own buisness.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #102
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
enough of the bickoring, that is not what this thread is for. If you have nothing to contribute, please stay out.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:33 AM   #103
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Axle backs have shown minimal gain... cat backs a bit more... guessing the restriction is mainly in the cats and possibly heads... In my opinion you do the exhaust for looks and sound improvement...

I don't think the GM air box is shipping yet... for some reason I don't think it is... so hard to judge that one... HOWEVER I will say that all of these kits reuse the stock MAF/IAT sensor which seems to really suffer from heat soak! Best bang for you buck right now is to spend about $30 or less and add a stand alone IAT sensor...
I believe that the cats are the same ones used on the SS.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #104
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
I believe that the cats are the same ones used on the SS.
If this post is any indication, you look to be correct.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=258
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #105
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I think everyone (at least me in this case) got excited when we saw the dyno for the 3.6 as installed in the Caddy showing 31 RWHP increase with just a cat back and CAI.
Then we see Camaro5 members seeing a lot lower hp increase with the exhaust. I would like to see what the CAI numbers will be. Man if they too are under then we might only see about 10 to 15 total increase instead of the 31.
Here in Louisville, KY the only Dyno went under water when we got 5" of rain in a few hours a couple months ago. They just got equipment repaired by Mustang and we got 4" in a couple of hours on Saturday night. Don't know if they were underwater again. I'm on the list to get in there to see what my base line is before a CAI. I'm on the list for the Vararam but I'm getting a Revolutions hood and wonder wither I should have gotten a CAI from them for 200 dollars with the purchase of the hood. Don't know what the performance difference will be between them and am only interested in real world numbers. Read where Revolution was willing to send their CAI to compare against others. As the V6 Vararam isn't done yet, I hope that when they do get it done they will send theirs out as well.
Back to the cats, if the 3.6 uses the same cats as the 6.2, I don't see a lot restriction to air flow for us but that is not proven.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #106
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
When I had my 4th Gen Z28 and I added my CAI and SLP lid at the same time, I could feel the difference from MY "BUTT DYNO." Has anyone ever heard of feeling more power by the seat of their pants?

There is nothing wrong with saying something feels faster.

There is nothing wrong with asking for proof.

But, if someone can't back off, that ends up being a problem. Likewise, if someone keeps making claim after claim without proving solid proof, who is to believe their "stories?"

All can say is this...

The bickering back and forth needs to stop. Seriously. Two mods are now saying this.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #107
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
I appreciate both Beast's opinion from his "butt dyno" (LOL) and screaming's mechanical expertise...

BTW, I placed my order Wednesday...without the GMPP upgrades...I will likely just add the intake/exhaust/IAT upgrades for Christmas from a local certified shop.
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #108
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
i found the name of the cold air intake i installed that said it added 20hp.its the G5CR. heres the webpage

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...QQcmdZViewItem
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #109
memez28
memez28

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow
Is there a high performance muffler system for the v6 sixspeed 2010 camaro?? Where do I order it and what is the prices?
memez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #110
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memez28 View Post
Is there a high performance muffler system for the v6 sixspeed 2010 camaro?? Where do I order it and what is the prices?
Start here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104
Old 10-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #111
philipdistefano
Remember, Remember...

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Send a message via AIM to philipdistefano
I know these two things are supposed to be really easy to install, but for a CAI and a catback, if I didn't want to risk doing it myself, should I take it to the dealer or a licensed mechanic? It seems like the dealer would charge more, but would have less of a risk.

Just planning ahead.
philipdistefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #112
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipdistefano View Post
I know these two things are supposed to be really easy to install, but for a CAI and a catback, if I didn't want to risk doing it myself, should I take it to the dealer or a licensed mechanic? It seems like the dealer would charge more, but would have less of a risk.

Just planning ahead.
Best thing is to find a reputable performance shop in your area... ask around town... ask local car clubs.... etc. Then go visit the shop and talk with them... see what they have to say... take the nickel tour...