Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
Nemisis

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray Metallic-M6
Upper and lower pulley swap tips???

Just doing some research and getting myself ready for when I get the parts ordered so I know what Im up to when starting the install. I've searched and havent come up with any real help on here as far as pic by pic or diy pulley swap threads. I know they say the new sc pulley has to be pressed on and the sc unbolted but I'd just like pics or visual reference on that and removing the crank pulley. Gonna be going with a 2.5/9.6 combo with long tubes and cai. Also what belt length is it gonna require, ill have the 50 mm idler as well, much help is appreciated.
Nemisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #2
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisis View Post
Just doing some research and getting myself ready for when I get the parts ordered so I know what Im up to when starting the install. I've searched and havent come up with any real help on here as far as pic by pic or diy pulley swap threads. I know they say the new sc pulley has to be pressed on and the sc unbolted but I'd just like pics or visual reference on that and removing the crank pulley. Gonna be going with a 2.5/9.6 combo with long tubes and cai. Also what belt length is it gonna require, ill have the 50 mm idler as well, much help is appreciated.
CTS-V guys have been doing this for awhile. Lots of good info on thier forum

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...y-options.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...eys-101-a.html
Old 09-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
sammyv

Drives: 2013 red Lingenfelter ZL1
If it were me I would pic a tuner to buy the parts from and let them answer all your questions! I would suggest Lingenfelter!
sammyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
You will need a Proper puller and installer for the balancer, and a Press or puller installer for the supercharger pulley.

I feel it is easier to achieve your boost goals with the Crank pulley alone.

On my site you will find everything you need regarding pulleys, idlers and relocation bracket, boost chart and belt length along with a SCT tuning device either X3 or iTSX.

Purchase your parts from me and the JRE Custom Tune is FREE.

I can also provide you with links to the tools you will need for the balancer removal and install.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
Nemisis

Thanks Ted, I haven't ordered anything yet. Just planning on what I wanna do. How good will the tune be?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Thanks Ted, I haven't ordered anything yet. Just planning on what I wanna do. How good will the tune be?
Best available of coarse
Old 09-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
Nemisis

Pm sent
Old 09-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
Nemisis

How do those tunes work? Ive always had my cars dyno tuned.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
How do those tunes work? Ive always had my cars dyno tuned.
Using OEM calibration procedures I develop tunes on My Superflow Chassis dyno then then use that info to write tunes for your combinations.

Having tuned several thousand GM cars and trucks I can nail a tune for any combo with a little logging.

Ted.