Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-18-2017, 08:20 AM   #323
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
No worse than the C6 guys thinking 11.8 is the norm for a Camaro.

To be honest how do we know this legendary 11.8 pass in a Camaro was stock? It's just word of mouth people are taking as gossip.

Or that 11.7x pass?

Anyone on the internet can say their car is stock and post a timeslip.

By using Camaro6 logic, if I have never seen it in person it hasn't happened. I have never seen a 6th Gen Camaro run better than a 12.3 stock, does that mean it can't be any faster than that? No. I have seen stock GT's run 12.3-12.4, but that's impossible according to this forum. Is it the norm? Nope.

I don't understand why people are so caught up in the numbers. Most people that drag race don't stay stock for long anyway.
No one is saying that even 11.9 is normal for the SS.

Fact: the gen6 SS A8 is 12.1 sec car with an average driver. Repeatable
Fact: the gen6 SS A8 can run 12.0 with a good driver
Fact: the gen6 SS A8 can run high 11s with a great driver, negative DA, etc.

Fact: the best 15-17 GT hero run is 12.347.
Fact: every 18 GT run we've seen so far is from someone looking to profit from the car.

Where are the owner cars? The M6G runs? Bueller? Bueller?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #324
TEEZYSS

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Quote:

By using Camaro6 logic, if I have never seen it in person it hasn't happened. I have never seen a 6th Gen Camaro run better than a 12.3 stock, does that mean it can't be any faster than that? No. I have seen stock GT's run 12.3-12.4, but that's impossible according to this forum. Is it the norm? Nope.

The reality here is that its SHOPS,PRO DRIVERS and TRACK RENTALS were no one is around to see or inspect anything running these times with the 18..

That's not being bias that's exactly what is going on. People that are throwing in all this little tricks to corner the market or make a name for themselves. FTW fuels is one of those little tricks but is never posted up. That's not hating on the 18 that's just real talk.

While the rest of the world is posting up guys running 12.3-12.5@114-115 stock.

The difference here is the guys that have run 11's stock in the 6th gen were not pro drivers, they were not at private track rentals and they are not shop owners. Just average Joes running the times.

Like I said before........... go to a track rental and run you car in -1500 DA where they know how to actually prep a track. Where street tires get drag radial 60ft's like EVAN did. And make pass after pass perfecting launches.

I'm not taking away from what anyone is running but I have been doing all this long enough to know how all this goes down.

The question.............is the 18 faster then the 6th gen. Well every 18 doesn't run 11's or trap 119 and neither does every 6th gen. You will see 18 stock beating 6th gens stock and you will see 6th gens stock beating 18's stock.

Personally I don't see anything dominating when it comes to the 18 and that's coming from a guy that has owned 8 mustangs. I think the 18 brought the GT up to where the 6th gen was 2 years ago.
GFORCE DRIVESHAFT,LME 174 T-STAT,ATI UDP up next...
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:49 AM   #325
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
No one is saying that even 11.9 is normal for the SS.

Fact: the gen6 SS A8 is 12.1 sec car with an average driver. Repeatable
Fact: the gen6 SS A8 can run 12.0 with a good driver
Fact: the gen6 SS A8 can run high 11s with a great driver, negative DA, etc.

Fact: the best 15-17 GT hero run is 12.347.
Fact: every 18 GT run we've seen so far is from someone looking to profit from the car.

Where are the owner cars? The M6G runs? Bueller? Bueller?
The only owner car I have seen is Ecobeast who ran a 12.1 in -DA at ATCO. That is all I have seen. I expect in MT H2H they will clock the 6M at a 12.7.

The slow 60ft times are what is so funny. Even with DRs most of the 60ft times have been slow. In +DA in June and July those cars will be running high 12s.

The 18 IS better than the 15-17. I think it's better than the S197 as well. For most people's expectations Ford did a good job. But 11.8 and 11.9 is going to be few and far between. M6G boys need to temper their excitement a bit. Or at least take it back to their forum.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #326
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
Wrong.
I take my street driven ls3 to 8000. More racey lsx go 10,000+
Old 12-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #327
Mazman

Drives: slow
The dude Ecobeast ran a 12.1 and he is definitely not a pro driver, he barely knew how to stage the car

I am not at all familiar with the different tracks in the US, however it shows that with a driver mod and the magneride 11.8 is not totally off the charts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEZYSS View Post
The reality here is that its SHOPS,PRO DRIVERS and TRACK RENTALS were no one is around to see or inspect anything running these times with the 18..

That's not being bias that's exactly what is going on. People that are throwing in all this little tricks to corner the market or make a name for themselves. FTW fuels is one of those little tricks but is never posted up. That's not hating on the 18 that's just real talk.

While the rest of the world is posting up guys running 12.3-12.5@114-115 stock.

The difference here is the guys that have run 11's stock in the 6th gen were not pro drivers, they were not at private track rentals and they are not shop owners. Just average Joes running the times.

Like I said before........... go to a track rental and run you car in -1500 DA where they know how to actually prep a track. Where street tires get drag radial 60ft's like EVAN did. And make pass after pass perfecting launches.

I'm not taking away from what anyone is running but I have been doing all this long enough to know how all this goes down.

The question.............is the 18 faster then the 6th gen. Well every 18 doesn't run 11's or trap 119 and neither does every 6th gen. You will see 18 stock beating 6th gens stock and you will see 6th gens stock beating 18's stock.

Personally I don't see anything dominating when it comes to the 18 and that's coming from a guy that has owned 8 mustangs. I think the 18 brought the GT up to where the 6th gen was 2 years ago.
Mazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:43 AM   #328
TEEZYSS

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazman View Post
The dude Ecobeast ran a 12.1 and he is definitely not a pro driver, he barely knew how to stage the car

I am not at all familiar with the different tracks in the US, however it shows that with a driver mod and the magneride 11.8 is not totally off the charts.

LMAO yeah he didn't know how to stage yet he is been to the track many times. ... this video pops up and he is all ahhhhh ahhhhhh but every other video he knows what's going on? Trying to make is mark sir aka youtube!

He also cut a 1.93 60ft while being in NEGATIVE -1300 PLUS DA..... but he doesn't know how to drive???? He is also the only other one aside from EVAN to trap 119 stock... What did EVAN cut???? 1.88....

Odd that EVAN cut a 1.88 60ft and went a full .31 faster and 2 mph faster in the 1/8 mile. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

12.14 to a 11.83 is a pretty serious gap especially when both cars 60ft'd so close together.
GFORCE DRIVESHAFT,LME 174 T-STAT,ATI UDP up next...
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:25 AM   #329
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
No worse than the C6 guys thinking 11.8 is the norm for a Camaro.

To be honest how do we know this legendary 11.8 pass in a Camaro was stock? It's just word of mouth people are taking as gossip.

Or that 11.7x pass?

Anyone on the internet can say their car is stock and post a timeslip.

I don't understand why people are so caught up in the numbers. Most people that drag race don't stay stock for long anyway.
Wrong. We have mainly considered the SS to be a low 12 sec car. My logic is that if it isn't repeatable or the norm then you can't say your car is an 11 sec car. A few exceptions don't make it the average. And we have seen more info saying that it is a mid 12 sec car than a high 11. Same with the Camaro. Some have gone high 11s...but it isn't the norm. Where you got your info is beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Who is saying that? Links?
Who over here has to answer to you? You guys dodge every question yet people have to provide links and answer you? LOL! He told you where he read it. Go over there and look for yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
The only owner car I have seen is Ecobeast who ran a 12.1 in -DA at ATCO. That is all I have seen. I expect in MT H2H they will clock the 6M at a 12.7.

The slow 60ft times are what is so funny. Even with DRs most of the 60ft times have been slow. In +DA in June and July those cars will be running high 12s.

The 18 IS better than the 15-17. I think it's better than the S197 as well. For most people's expectations Ford did a good job. But 11.8 and 11.9 is going to be few and far between. M6G boys need to temper their excitement a bit. Or at least take it back to their forum.
Yup!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazman View Post

Bullshit. He just happens to run better than proshops with DRs. Again, you guys and your BS comments are completely ridiculous.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:30 AM   #330
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Who over here has to answer to you? You guys dodge every question yet people have to provide links and answer you? LOL! He told you where he read it. Go over there and look for yourself.
I did, I couldn't find ANYWHERE where the Mustang guys were saying 11.8 was going to be the new normal. Before calling him a liar, I wanted to see if there was proof they were saying it.

I've not dodged any question poised to me, so don't lump me in with Mustang trolls. I'm a Gen 5 Camaro guy, always have been and always will be.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:42 AM   #331
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I did, I couldn't find ANYWHERE where the Mustang guys were saying 11.8 was going to be the new normal. Before calling him a liar, I wanted to see if there was proof they were saying it.

I've not dodged any question poised to me, so don't lump me in with Mustang trolls. I'm a Gen 5 Camaro guy, always have been and always will be.
I'm surprised you couldn't find it. Because they're running around all over YouTube declaring that a GT is faster than ZL1s, Z06s, Hellcats, and everything in between. All over the internet I see comments like "Oh wow the new GT is doing times that the new ZL1 is doing" or "the new GT with a tire and tune is beating stock ZL1s" LOL!! Lots of these guys will have their little hearts broken when they get an 18 GT and get demolished by me. My ZL1 will be hunting for them like they're a fat chick at a bar and I'm drunk and it's 5 minutes before closing!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:42 AM   #332
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
So... stock hero run to hero run, the SS is still 0.06 seconds faster than an 18GT and all y'all are freaking out? Good thing Evan Smith never beat the 11.77 time or the world would have ended. lol

It looks to be a drivers race between the 2 cars now. This close performance is nothing but good for us consumers.

I dig it!
Old 12-18-2017, 11:50 AM   #333
hotlap

Quote:

I saw it also. Its just a matter of paying a little more cash. smh
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 176
Size:  40.5 KB
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/sho...&postcount=170

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #334
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Now, if you want all the knick knacks to be able to run an 11.8, then yeah,
you're going to have to shell out a bit more cash"
Is not the same as

Quote:
Ford fanboys are hilarious. I was reading a thread on M6G and they think 11.8 will be the norm for the 18 GT.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:10 PM   #335
hotlap

Quote:
Is not the same as
If you want... "to be able to run an 11.8, then yeah, you're going to have to shell out a bit more cash.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 182
Size:  11.0 KB

Its only a matter of checking the right boxes on the order. That's a significant Ford accomplishment IMO.

[sarcasm]

Bueller? Bueller?

Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-18-2017, 12:50 PM   #336
Mazman

Drives: slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Bullshit. He just happens to run better than proshops with DRs. Again, you guys and your BS comments are completely ridiculous.

Hey man just giving input based on what I have seen on his channel

I assume you have seen this video, based on that he does seem to be far away from being a seasoned drag racer.

https://youtu.be/AelgrpVsQxo

Anyhow I don't care which car is fastest to be honest both are fast enough for me anyway.
Mazman is offline   Reply With Quote