Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #99
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Thanks for the compliments on the Mustang!

I guess part of me just likes taking the COMMON V6 and turning it in to something UNCOMMON!
Yep.
And part of me likes uncommon. How else could I have bought a purple Camaro?
Haha.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
Old 11-14-2009, 01:45 PM   #100
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I think I'M better than everyone else.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #101
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by quorum View Post
here's where it might get interesting: I lost a lot of money paying for mods on a car I sold because no-one gave a damn about them. That's why I am very hesitant to pay money for aftermarket mods. The guy who didn't want to buy it was more interested in the higher model of my car, just because it had climate control!! I had mods worth nearly three times what the higher model cost in difference, and it was worth nothing to him!

That really ticked me off.

I am buying the Camaro because I love this car, but I can't really "afford" it in the real sense of the word because I have to make sacrifices for it. As a family man, I have to think of others before myself so the fact that I am buying an impractical car means I had better not be spending a bunch of money on myself.

Therefore I have to keep the car for a long time - that's my justification.

Therefore I don't want a bazillion of the same car that all look the same. I don't mind that people after me are going to get a Z28 and it's going to look better than mine, I just care that my 15 year old Camaro might not look special any more because I sacrificed a lot for it. I'm not looking down on other Camaro car owners: let it be written that all Camaros be hot looking! Just let mine look a little different - that's all.

For the record, I got the SS because I wanted 400hp and 4 second 0-60 times. I got the 2SS because I like the leather and the extra value (based on my experiences from the car I sold). I got the RS because I wanted the HIDs. I got the moon roof, because it's my fun car. See - I got the mods for all the right reasons.
Dude, here's what gets me. Why do you care what other people think about your car, especially if you aren't going to sell it? You know what you have and other people who are familiar with the camaro will know what you have. What does it matter what anyone else has? If you want an SS/RS because it's awesome, get one but, it doesn't make your car any worse if someone gets an LS and makes it resemble the SS/RS more. The modded LS has NOTHING to do with your car. I understand the point you are making. I simply disagree with the reasoning for it. You shouldn't care about what other people do do their camaros, unless of course you care more about what other think about your car than you do about the car itself. And I'm sorry. No matter what sacrifices you made to purchase your camaro, you aren't special. You are just like everyone else who plunked down the money for it. If you want a special car, mod it. If not, your car is just as common as any other camaro SS/RS out there. And GM plans to make a whole lot of them.

Personally, I can't afford the SS (well I probably could but, affording it and justifying the price to the wife are two different things) so, I plan to buy an LS or LT. And yes, I plan to buy the gauge package, leather seats, and possibly HID/Halos. I may even slap an SS badge in there somewhere and truthfully I won't feel bad about it at all because, in the end, it's my car, I'll do what I want with it and I honestly don't give a damn what anyone else thinks about it. Get over it.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #102
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
wtf you guys pay attention to my new car design who cares about him!

And this is the car I want for the Zombie appcalypse only with the RS package.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #103
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Old 11-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #104
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
I bought the Camaro because I was bored. I bought the RS because I wanted a better resale later. So you don't know us all after all.
2SS/RS Transformers Special Edition: Quick Time Performance Electric Cutouts, Custom Exterior Sound Effects (Transforming) by remote or button, Yellow autobot on windshield, Darkened tail and marker lights, Yellow fogs and signals (more yellow for signals), Dash Ambient Lighting, Black Painted Suitcase Mufflers, Autobot bowties and steering wheel, yellow leather stitching, yellow SS symbol on headrests, blacked out back trunk lid, blacked out brake light trim.
Pics of my 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Old 11-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #105
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
I bought a 1LT with no rs package so quorum could feel better about himself.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #106
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
I have not insulted anyone personally, and yet I've been called "idiot" "maroon" (sic) and now "immature". I can have a civil discussion where a whole bunch of people are attacking me on a personal level without resorting to personally attacking anyone else. So who is mature?
I want to send you an apology for calling you a "Maroon", I was just thinking of Bugs Bunny and the characters he interacted with that he thought were just being silly and not very understanding...

I do not believe now you are one...
Old 11-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #107
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
To be 100% honest if the RS package was anything but it is now and looking very close to the SS model i would have not got the V6. It was brilliant imo that GM let the V6 guys get close to the V8 but not quite. If it was something like 19" rims and no spoiler i would have gone to the SS model. Just my 2 cents
Old 11-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #108
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
I have no idea about your last post lol. I just cant stand even a hint of rich douche. Like bankers and insurance and lawyers. Theyre all greedy and steal and tear everyones money away. Almost as bad as lil unnapreciative rich kids.
There's only one greedy entity that tears away more money than greedy insurance companies, and bankers, and lawyers, and oil companies combined...

But we're not allowed to talk about them on the forum, so please take it elsewhere.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #109
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
I am in complete support and agreement with the OP. For a discussion group there is far too much taken seriously here.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:56 PM   #110
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Moose: looks like no-one took your advice. After explaining myself, instead of trying to understand what I mean, people are still holding onto their harsh judgments of me.

Sigh. One more time:

1) whether you work hard or not is irrelevant. I know you work hard. I know you deserve whatever you bought. I am talking about me - not you. If I pay more and get myself more into debt for a 2SS/RS it better be because I'm getting more than an LS. Get it? Wanting a 2SS/RS to look different than a 2LT/RS is my opinion.

I agree, getting the 2SS/RS rather than the 2LT/RS is not only for power reasons.

2)

oh my gosh you're picky. You just described "hot" in a paragraph. I just used one word. Call it whatever you want, I don't care. The point is: it gets you excited.

This made me laugh

3)

and yet I've read many times before that people don't like the fact that there's so many Mustangs on the road. "Camaro is outselling the Mustang" is one such thread. Please go and chastise the guy who started that thread as well.

That's another thing that people don't get. Many people lose their taste in a certain car because there is simply just too many of them on the road. With the mustangs, they are all over my town to the point were they are annoying. I don't like mustangs because of the reason that everyone has one.

4)

I have not insulted anyone personally, and yet I've been called "idiot" "maroon" (sic) and now "immature". I can have a civil discussion where a whole bunch of people are attacking me on a personal level without resorting to personally attacking anyone else. So who is mature?
People who attack somebody over a forum for voicing their opinion are just plain silly. They are the immature ones.

I didn't read the whole thread but s***, give Quorum a break guys.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:23 PM   #111
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
not this stuff again.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #112
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlowes48 View Post
Dude, you really are a moron.......quit already all camaro's are awesome...its you, thats what is wrong with your camaro.
2SS/RS Transformers Special Edition: Quick Time Performance Electric Cutouts, Custom Exterior Sound Effects (Transforming) by remote or button, Yellow autobot on windshield, Darkened tail and marker lights, Yellow fogs and signals (more yellow for signals), Dash Ambient Lighting, Black Painted Suitcase Mufflers, Autobot bowties and steering wheel, yellow leather stitching, yellow SS symbol on headrests, blacked out back trunk lid, blacked out brake light trim.
Pics of my 2010 2SS/RS Camaro

Closed Thread