Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
jtragolia

Drives: pontiac grand am
Definitely hide the key somewhere in your car, don't just keep it in the glove box.
jtragolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #16
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtragolia View Post
Definitely hide the key somewhere in your car, don't just keep it in the glove box.
Yah, I will find somewhere sneaky to hide one. The other FOUR I will be in my tool box at home, LOL. At least I don't have to worry about losing one!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #17
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
Well I just bought 5 individual sets to cover every stud. I just opened each pack and I was curious as to how many sets were keyed the same. THEY ARE ALL KEYED THE SAME!!! All 5 keys work on all five sets! These are individual sets, not a "System" set. I was hoping to get maybe two or three sets the same to keep things easier, but all 5 kinda scares me. How many in a row do they make with the same key code? Kinda dumb if they are the same, all someone has to do is go buy a set just for the key and steal all they want? I was going to email them, but I see they don't have a email address?
Don't you think they were making it easy for you to have them all keyed the same?... I do .

Or do you think they thought you had 5 different cars you were to use them on? .... What are the chances that someone owns 5 cars maybe so, BUT NOT all five that take the same size nuts.

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #18
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
I'm sure there must be a "production run" for every series of a certain key combination. I just hope it isn't in the thousands or anything.
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #19
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
I'm sure there must be a "production run" for every series of a certain key combination. I just hope it isn't in the thousands or anything.
Considering the dies needed to make the key... thousands is very likely....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:00 AM   #20
windzurfer
Roll Tide!!!!

Drives: 1987 Yugo
What I have done with other cars of mine is I've ziptied the key socket somewhere under the hood, like to a hard brakeline. the ziptie lets you snug it up so it won't rattle and they'd have to break in and pop the hood to get it. I think they'd leave once my shock sensor and tilt sensor goes off and pages me though.

However, putting a different one on each tire? yea, i like the idea. Think about it, the thief is out there having to negotiate different sockets. A thief's objective is "in and out, lickidy split." If he has to spend time changing sockets on each lug he'll more than likely give up and move on, especially if the alarm is going ape$h!t.

Alarms and antitheft devices like keyed lug nuts are only deterrents, but the longer you can make a thief take, the greater the chances he'll leave or get his keester caught.

That's right chief! I resurrected this thread! HAHAHA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtragolia View Post
windzurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:25 AM   #21
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by windzurfer View Post
What I have done with other cars of mine is I've ziptied the key socket somewhere under the hood, like to a hard brakeline. the ziptie lets you snug it up so it won't rattle and they'd have to break in and pop the hood to get it. I think they'd leave once my shock sensor and tilt sensor goes off and pages me though.

However, putting a different one on each tire? yea, i like the idea. Think about it, the thief is out there having to negotiate different sockets. A thief's objective is "in and out, lickidy split." If he has to spend time changing sockets on each lug he'll more than likely give up and move on, especially if the alarm is going ape$h!t.

Alarms and antitheft devices like keyed lug nuts are only deterrents, but the longer you can make a thief take, the greater the chances he'll leave or get his keester caught.

That's right chief! I resurrected this thread! HAHAHA!
In true necromancer form.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:38 AM   #22
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
"That's right chief! I resurrected this thread! HAHAHA!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
In true necromancer form.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #23
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Bringing this back... OP are/were you happy with the ones with spinning sleeves? Did they look weird/too different than the stock ones or stick out or sink in too much? Might buy these soon

Heritage Grille | Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harness | LEDs - DRLs, dome, trunk, license plate | ZL1 rear and RPI front splash guards | CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake
Elite Engineering Catch Can | Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers | FR ZL1 style wheels | VMax Black Ported TB
FY_Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:26 AM   #24
nik333

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2009 RS
Good day. Tell me, please, which is better to buy 61641N or 61641?
nik333 is offline   Reply With Quote