Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #15
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
My son installed mine as a Christmas present for me and he didn't disconnect battery or pull the fuses he tells me. He got in the car and drove away with no codes either! I'm loving the sound and my "butt dyno" confirms what bluedevil02 said! It's under a cover here in Philly, but planning on my exhaust upgrade for the spring already...
Old 12-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #16
2Fast4U2010

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Installed my Airaid Sunday no problems. Easy install did not disconnect the battery, or fuses. No problems with CEL showing, drove it home about twenty minute drive.
2Fast4U2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #17
CAM MAN

Drives: ALL 5 GEN CAMAROS
I installed mine 2 weeks ago pulled 5 and 20 fuse installed ,turn car on cel light came
drove arond for 30 min turn car off waited a minute started up no cel Worder if I didn't
pull fuses if it would have came on?
CAM MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #18
jtragolia

Drives: pontiac grand am
I just installed mine yesterday, pulled fuses 5 & 20 and put them back in the same order and didn't get any codes.
jtragolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:12 PM   #19
CAM MAN

???
Old 12-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #20
deljaso

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnofear View Post
I'm new here so I want to say hello to all and HAPPY HOLIDAYS and MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

I had mixed feelings about the fuse pull and battery cable disconnect thing but I decided to bypass all that and installed and everything went fine..
But by reading a lot about this topic and that the intake has to relearn the new intake I decided to pull the #5 & #20 fuses and within about 30-40 sec.
later I heard clicking noises and wondering why that happened and what I did wrong. So I put back the fuses ( them being out for less then 3 - 4 min ) started the car and then that CEL code came on , so again I repeated the fuse pull and again the CEL code was still there even driving around for a while too then went home..

That next morning I started the car and to my surprise no CEL code ! But during all that nonsense of pulling the fuses after the fact which I should have not done because it was fine the first time I installed the intake .
My question is by pulling the fuses a day or two after the install and hearing that clicking noise and putting them back in less then 4 min. did I do any damage ( hearing clicking sounds ) and did I reset the ECM even putting the fuses back so quick ?
Question:
Do I need to redo the fuse pull and leave them out much longer then a few min. or just let it be and that I did no damage in the first place .

**STUPID ME I should of just left it alone.** Disconnecting the battery cable , fuse puling or just install the darn thing without all that ,which is the right way I should have gone ?

Thanks all for your insight and advice ,the main thing I'm worried about is that CLICKING SOUND it made after the fuse pull and the CEL code ( that did clear the day after).

Thanks again.. I'll keep it short next time I post..
Don't worry about it. If the light went out and you don't see any other problems, you're good to go. Wait for your net onstar diagnostic report and I'll bet it says you are clear.
deljaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #21
DEW

Drives: Hoopdee
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnofear View Post
I'm new here so I want to say hello to all and HAPPY HOLIDAYS and MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

I had mixed feelings about the fuse pull and battery cable disconnect thing but I decided to bypass all that and installed and everything went fine..
But by reading a lot about this topic and that the intake has to relearn the new intake I decided to pull the #5 & #20 fuses and within about 30-40 sec.
later I heard clicking noises and wondering why that happened and what I did wrong. So I put back the fuses ( them being out for less then 3 - 4 min ) started the car and then that CEL code came on , so again I repeated the fuse pull and again the CEL code was still there even driving around for a while too then went home..

That next morning I started the car and to my surprise no CEL code ! But during all that nonsense of pulling the fuses after the fact which I should have not done because it was fine the first time I installed the intake .
My question is by pulling the fuses a day or two after the install and hearing that clicking noise and putting them back in less then 4 min. did I do any damage ( hearing clicking sounds ) and did I reset the ECM even putting the fuses back so quick ?
Question:
Do I need to redo the fuse pull and leave them out much longer then a few min. or just let it be and that I did no damage in the first place .

**STUPID ME I should of just left it alone.** Disconnecting the battery cable , fuse puling or just install the darn thing without all that ,which is the right way I should have gone ?

Thanks all for your insight and advice ,the main thing I'm worried about is that CLICKING SOUND it made after the fuse pull and the CEL code ( that did clear the day after).

Thanks again.. I'll keep it short next time I post..
Im guessing you had a door open when you heard the clicking sound.

BUILD - 6/12/2009
Airaid V2, Flowmaster AT
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #22
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
I gotta a cel also on AirRaid CAI install today. Also messed with the auto up windows and the autodown on closing the door. I followed the directions to the letter. At one point, I felt all the different little the fasteners that required both metric/non-metric tools was unnecessary- unless intended to scare away those without a full complement of tools. Also the big tube was in direct contact with my radiator until I wedged header tape between them and I zip-tied it to the tube. I will drive it some before I address the cel- maybe it will disappear. (I recall after changing my wheels/tires also had a bunch of codes before spontaneously going away.)
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #23
fee5fofum

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Coupe & 2SS/RS
Installed mine without disconnecting the battery cable or pulling fuses , NO CODES ! !
Old 12-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #24
CAM MAN

Cool mine is done no more cel.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #25
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
just installed mine today, install was pretty simple. I can definitely feel a difference with the acceleration
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #26
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
Just finished installing , I never disconnected battery or removed fuses, install was a breeze, weather stripping was hardest part , most likely to being a bit cold outside,
no CEL, no snapped bolts!
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #27
MEY

Drives: 2004 Avalanche Z71
We installed ours yesterday. Took time with the "PIA" bolt and no problems there. We disconnected battery cable, still got CEL. But went away so I guess all is good now. Haven't driven it enough to feel the difference yet. But headed out to now.
Attached Images

MEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #28
Dynabyte

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/NPP Red Hot
Mine went in today without a hitch - it's a very well made product and I'm completely satisfied. Thanks to all of the input here I didn't have any issues with CELs or stuck bolts. It sounds great too!