Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #29
ELDuran

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro (Rally Yellow)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
it looks good. from the looks of it they just put a box in the back and put a cover to make it look fitted. but it looks good.

well let me know if they fixed the problem. a good audio shop will know the source of the problem. i asked my guy and he said to check your high and low converter. if it is a cheap one with out the setting then get the pac sni-35. now if that does not fix it then you have a electrical problem or it also could be your amp. it is kicker. lol
I will let you know for sure. If they can't fix it I will raise them hell and probably head over to eagle rock where I should have gone in the first place. But I guess I should give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they can take care of it for me. And they better! BTW You laughed at my kicker amps? Hehe why? bad choice? Just curious.

ELDuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #30
Tee304

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow 2SS
Listen to all you who think you know the answer to his "whistling" problem.

The solution is that: The whistling is coming from the hot chicks outside the car as he drives by. THERE ARE NO OTHER REASONS FOR THIS OCCURENCE!!
Tee304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #31
Tee304

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow 2SS
lol
Tee304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #32
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDuran View Post
I will let you know for sure. If they can't fix it I will raise them hell and probably head over to eagle rock where I should have gone in the first place. But I guess I should give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they can take care of it for me. And they better! BTW You laughed at my kicker amps? Hehe why? bad choice? Just curious.
sorry for the lol. it was not a bad laugh more of a joke lol. hard for me to explain while typing. guess was trying to make little joke guess cause some of us are not kicker fans. thought you would have understood. sorry again hard for me to explain i suck at explaining myself and expressions in typing. you would understand me better in person and i was just trying to be sarcastic in your choice with a sense of humor.

kicker is fine but as for quality not the best. some amps are made cheap and over produced so the quality goes down the hill. if you want to see what i am talking about you should just for fun or if you want to tint your windows come to the shop. we have three amps on display well 6 total 3 for the highs and 3 for the subs. all diff so you can hear the diff in the speakers of diff amps and with diff speakers, also its to show variety. till this day i am still impressed.

but again i still like your set up
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #33
ELDuran

Quote:
sorry for the lol. it was not a bad laugh more of a joke lol. hard for me to explain while typing. guess was trying to make little joke guess cause some of us are not kicker fans. thought you would have understood. sorry again hard for me to explain i suck at explaining myself and expressions in typing. you would understand me better in person and i was just trying to be sarcastic in your choice with a sense of humor.

kicker is fine but as for quality not the best. some amps are made cheap and over produced so the quality goes down the hill. if you want to see what i am talking about you should just for fun or if you want to tint your windows come to the shop. we have three amps on display well 6 total 3 for the highs and 3 for the subs. all diff so you can hear the diff in the speakers of diff amps and with diff speakers, also its to show variety. till this day i am still impressed.

but again i still like your set up
Got it! Don't sweat it. I was the one that chose kicker amps. I've always gone with them and have been satisfied. I don't know much about audio systems, and went with the only brand I have experience with. Thanks though for the info, I took my car back to the shop today and they have it as we speak. They should have it fixed soon. Thanks again!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #34
shevyman

cool. well we all have our own preference. before back in the days i was a fosgate guy. and fosgate only. but i have used a few kickers but the subs never amps. but with today and all these new companies its hard to decide.

another sad thing is some of these companies are all made by the same person. china bought a some and now make the products but bought the name. so yeah its hard to find a great quality system or equipment. as for what i have in my car they are italian and canadian made
Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 AM   #35
Buelligun

Drives: 2SSRS manual yellow black stripes
Hmmmmmmmmm

In English.....
Are you sure it's a whistling sound and not a rattling sound coming from them bloody great dustbin lids in the boot?

In American........
Hey man, you sure it's a whistlin you can hear, and not a rattlin comin from them thar garbage can lids in the trunk?

Ahem :emoticon7:
Buelligun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:37 AM   #36
boro62

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDuran View Post
Got it! Don't sweat it. I was the one that chose kicker amps. I've always gone with them and have been satisfied. I don't know much about audio systems, and went with the only brand I have experience with. Thanks though for the info, I took my car back to the shop today and they have it as we speak. They should have it fixed soon. Thanks again!
Honestly, I think kicker does a great job at marketing their product, their whole Living Loud thing, and all the sponorships and shows and what not.

Their product is meh. When i was younger i probably would have been fine with the sound and quality. But as I got older, and got into more SQ, and really started to hear the difference.

I'm sure if you had good experiences in the past with them, you probably wont have a problem with them. But to me its just noise.

but the whole whistling sound problem, like most have pointed out, your picking up engine noise. Could be a bad ground, bad hi low converer, bad placement of wires or crossovers if you have any.
boro62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:40 AM   #37
boro62

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Quote:
cool. well we all have our own preference. before back in the days i was a fosgate guy. and fosgate only. but i have used a few kickers but the subs never amps. but with today and all these new companies its hard to decide.

another sad thing is some of these companies are all made by the same person. china bought a some and now make the products but bought the name. so yeah its hard to find a great quality system or equipment. as for what i have in my car they are italian and canadian made
Sooooo many lines have gone down hill and become made in china crap. I heard even Diamond Audio has some of their stuff made in china now....and then any company that DEI touches....goes down hill...
boro62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:54 AM   #38
ELDuran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buelligun View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm

In English.....
Are you sure it's a whistling sound and not a rattling sound coming from them bloody great dustbin lids in the boot?

In American........
Hey man, you sure it's a whistlin you can hear, and not a rattlin comin from them thar garbage can lids in the trunk?

Ahem :emoticon7:

Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #39
jtragolia

Drives: pontiac grand am
I've had the same thing happen after I upgraded the sound system in my last car. If the installer can't completely get rid of the sound buy a Ground-Loop Filter Isolator it hooks up between the amp and the wires coming into the amp. It works amazing, you can buy them at most electronic stores like Radio Shack for $20-$30.
jtragolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #40
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
I thought maybe it didn't know the words to the song playing.
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #41
youngoliver

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM -- Lifted 99' GMC
Kicker is your problem haha
youngoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #42
shevyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boro62 View Post
Sooooo many lines have gone down hill and become made in china crap. I heard even Diamond Audio has some of their stuff made in china now....and then any company that DEI touches....goes down hill...
well i am not sure of what audio. like for example i was talking about vibe audio and my guy mentioned they were good but now they are ok cause its made in china. not the same. i am not sure about diamond audio but i never really use diamond audio. i am not saying all is crap. but when mass produced you get bad ones. lets use toyota for example in the past when not mass produced and not making the car cheaps lasted. now that they mass produced and cut corners they are starting to have flaws in there system. and they regret that.