Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
Top Off

Drives: 2012 LS3 1SS/RS Vert
2012 LS3 Vert upgrades

I did search, and while I have learned some. I'm still a newb.
Plans for the car are:
1. This is a fun car, not a daily driver
2. I would like to be able to enjoy spirited driving either on the track or public roads. There are some in PA
3. Possible autocross
4. My wife will also drive this on occassion and also ride with me. (can't be bone jarring)
5. I have only driven the car about 500 miles so far, and it handles a ton better than my G8 did. I know it has a lot more potential in it though.
6. Power wise, I would like to eventually be at about 500HP at the wheels. No plans for anything major though for a 1 or 2 years. (cam,heads)
7. Not really sure I want to lower the car, thanks to both PA roads and driveways...
Basically I just want the car as it is now, but better.
I am currently thinking a tunnel brace, subframe connectors and a complete bushing kit to get started. Vendors have nice discounts right now!
Any and all help is appreciated, and thanks for the long read. I don't like to spend money more than once on mods if I can help it.
Top Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
I think you are on the right track with a bushing package but I would look into sway bars rather than sub frame connectors. You will get a lot more bang for your buck.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
CarlC1

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 1SS M6
I'm right down the road in Lessport. When your ready for some engine work there is a great place in Birdsboro called Rapid Motorsports. Headers and a cam really make these cars what they should be.

Don't worry about the wife complaining about the ride. Just remind her the stiffer the suspension is the safer it will be in the turns.

Carl
Old 01-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #4
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
I have a vert also I dont have subframe connectors just bush inserts and it feels solid.