Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #15
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I also have a early build 2012 and have not experienced the rubbing you describe. I did buy mine from Rodgers Chevrolet and they went over the top before I got the car. They told me they did have to make a couple adjustments to the top. It's possible you do need an adjustment.
I have had mine 9 months Today, 9750 miles, most of which have been top down. Enjoy your car!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #16
Top Off

Drives: 2012 LS3 1SS/RS Vert
It looks like it would just need some adjustments made. Glad to hear that is what they did on yours and it has been fine.
Top Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Off View Post
I can't find it, but seem to remember a photo showing the back of the top not being close to the trunk when down. I looked at mine before putting the top up, and it touches at both sides. I can push it down below the lip, but it still looks like it is touching it. Am I correct to assume I will need to have this fixed? I saw the rumours about another "new/corrected" top coming out in April. My car is a very early build 2012. I believe it was July 2011.
You did see that picture and it is post #8 in my thread...http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248940.

Each pair of pictures in the thread link above are old top vs. June 27th, 2012 revision replacement top on my car. I have a tonneau cover and use it religiously. I also put the top up at the end of each day of use to try and prevent ugly fold marks.

I've heard of the newer April 2012 release unofficially and I believe the C5 user "intensifi" is scheduled to have one installed on his car. You should send him a private message and tell him SSTOKED referred you.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote