Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:53 PM   #29
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Have but Garrett want discuss a open investagation. Even though I was the one whom alerted them.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #30
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZurita View Post
JT tried to defend himself in the original my350z thread. I recommend you read the entire thing.
I am sure you have everyone's attention here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg149 View Post
If tom wants to defend himself have him call me personally he has my number. I have his cell number as well called it many times left messages no call back no answers. I wonder if 6702 Willow Lake Cir Fort Myers, FL is his home address. Maybe paying a vist there next. I JUST WANT PROOF OF WHAT TURBO IS ON THIS DAMN CAR NOW????
I hope it works out for you and FrankT.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:32 AM   #31
ls2 bait

Drives: 99 ss....yes its fast
there should be a number on that turbo somewhere. google whatever numbers you find. that should be able to answer the question i would think? dunno i dont have one in front of me.

1999 Camaro SS 416 CI LS3
9.91@141
733 RWHP 783 RWTQ
Oct 2009 GMHTP feature car
Old 10-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #32
JT@theunemploymentline

Drives: 350z
Garrett Turbos usually have the word "Garrett" on them...Unless the housing is aftermarket, and only the cartidge is a BB garrett.

Can you post a picture of the turbo in question???
Old 10-23-2009, 08:59 AM   #33
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
Posted these elsewhere, but here they are again...
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #34
JTrapedJZ

Drives: G40
Quote:
If tom wants to defend himself have him call me personally he has my number. I have his cell number as well called it many times left messages no call back no answers. I wonder if 6702 Willow Lake Cir Fort Myers, FL is his home address. Maybe paying a vist there next. I JUST WANT PROOF OF WHAT TURBO IS ON THIS DAMN CAR NOW????
I have gotten in touch with Coach.... I am only saying this because I don't want has good name to go in the gutter...

Tom was hospitalized for an MI... Or as most know it... Heart Attack.... I assure you that if there was any bait and switch... JT was the only one involved ... I stand behind what I say about Tom... He is a good man and would not have put his name at risk doing a stunt like that.

JT is now back in Orlando.... Ultimate is closed... Tom is ill....JT stressed this man out to the point of almost killing him.

I am sure what JT did was order a knockoff ... Charged you for Garretts ....Give the shop the monies for the knockoff... And pocket the difference....

I just wanted you to know what's up....

JT is done in our community... I am sure he is done in yours.... I am sure his head will pop up somewhere... We will be there to catch him...

Best of luck with your car....Sorry we got here too late to save a few of you
Old 10-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #35
lawdogg149

Oh no though. Tom handed me the turbo in the office and stated it was a garrett. He is not a free man on this issue. I spent several hours there in the shop with Tom and jeremy. We even sat in the office and he explained the turbo to me with it sitting on the desk in front of us. So hell no he is as much involved in this matter as Jeremy. Based on what you just stated above we were given a knock off turbo am I correct?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #36
JTinFLrapedme!!

Drives: BLOWN UP BY JT
Quote:
Oh no though. Tom handed me the turbo in the office and stated it was a garrett. He is not a free man on this issue. I spent several hours there in the shop with Tom and jeremy. We even sat in the office and he explained the turbo to me with it sitting on the desk in front of us. So hell no he is as much involved in this matter as Jeremy. Based on what you just stated above we were given a knock off turbo am I correct?
Yes, that is definately a knockoff!!!!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:07 AM   #37
lawdogg149

you know this for sure how??
Old 10-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #38
JTinFLrapedme!!

All Garret turbos have Garrett labeled that i have seen..

For some reason the pics wont embed here on this site.. So there is the links...

Last edited by JTinFLrapedme!!; 10-23-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #39
lawdogg149

I have found photos online that match up exactly to our turbos that are garretts. Seems as if garrett doesn't always stamp along the side of the turbo. They do however stamp the AR on the side which is not there on the cold side. Ours have been polished extensively.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #40
JTinFLrapedme!!

Quote:
I have found photos online that match up exactly to our turbos that are garretts. Seems as if garrett doesn't always stamp along the side of the turbo. They do however stamp the AR on the side which is not there on the cold side. Ours have been polished extensively.
I cant see under ur turbo blanket Sir..... Show me the pics of garretts thar arent labeled..

http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/turb...fy_garrett.php

Look for the identification name plate of the turbo. In the T series you can usually find it on the body of the turbo or on the inlet plate, held by 2 clinches. Although in the GT series it is usually recorded by computer on the compressor housing or with a name plate held by 2 clinches.

Once you find the identification name plate there are several possibilities.
  1. 1 . On the name plate there is a Garrett part number, usually ( directly after the p/n or part number), where the turbo is already identified.
    2 . Only the O.E.M. part number (that of the maker of the engine) appears on the name plate, this is normally the case with CATERPILLAR, DETROIT DIESEL, JOHN DEERE, PERKINS and K.H.DEUTZ, this is why we need to search for the crossing using the search of this Web site, introducing the O.E.M. part number and searching by O.E.M. part number ( it should maintain the same style with spaces, hyphens, etc...).
    3 . In the event that the previous steps do not bring any results contact GARRETT by Fax or e-mail and we will attept to find the part number.

Last edited by JTinFLrapedme!!; 10-23-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #41
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
The teardown build won't load for me.. can you put it on something more main-stream like youtube?
Old 10-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #42
JTrapedJZ

Drives: G40
Quote:
...I am telling you...Tom knows as much as me about FI.....He is the money and name behind the business. Its like me handing you a fake $100 bill....If you dont have the REAL know how....you will pass it to someone else without knowing. Thats what Tom did...he trusted JT.

JT would be the one to order this turbo....pass it off as real...tell Tom its real....Tom passes it to you as real....and here we are today:(

I know as a lawman you will say that does not excuse Tom....he owned the business....I know that....I am here to defend Tom the person... not Ultimate Performance...because God knows what else JT has done to damage this mans good name.

BTW....you are not 100% sure that you have a fake...am I correct.??

Closed Thread