Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
quorum

Drives: SS/RS
To clear up the lynching I got earlier today...

I got accused of many things:

1) I think I'm better than anyone else
2) I want to shove my money in people's faces

I think it's only fair that I address these accusations. It wasn't fair to close the thread having being accused of these things without recourse.

1) No I do not think I'm better than anyone else. I'm just admitting that I understand myself and I understand you. We're all the same here except you don't realize it yet.

You bought the Camaro because you think it's hot. I bought the Camaro because it's hot. Why do you think it's hot? Because we were brought up in a society that taught us to like Camaros. If we lived in a different country, like Singapore for example, none of us would think Camaros are hot. In other words: we are a product of our society. How many bloody threads are on these forums raving on about the attention they're getting from driving their Camaros? Hmm? Are they shallow too?

If a Camaro were as hot as a Camry, it's not hot any more. Common is not hot. That's why the Mustang isn't hot. So wanting my car to be hot is admitting that it is going to be hotter than a Camry. There's nothing wrong with that.

2) No. I don't know how many times I have to explain this, and people are still so eager to judge critically. I said: if you work harder for something, you deserve to get what you pay for. I don't know why this is so difficult for some people to understand. Would you pay for a 2SS/RS and only get an LS? Obviously not! You paid for a 2SS/RS because you wanted something different and you wanted something more.

I asked the question to someone: "why did you buy the RS?", and the guy didn't get the point. People buy the RS because they like the differences. Why the heck would you pay for an RS if it's not going to be any different to the non-RS?

So the fact that you paid money for the RS means you think the same as me. I want my car to be different. You want your car to be different.

Finally - please go and lynch the guy who started the "Camaro is outselling the Mustang" thread, and the "Mustang is a chick's car" (or something like that). It's all the same logic: we all think the same. We all want to differentiate ourselves in some way. We don't want our car to be common.

This is a Camaro forum. By definition EVERYTHING in this forum is going to be frivolous. We are not solving world hunger here so let's just accept that fact and talk about cars. If you can understand modding you car, if you can understand buying the RS package, then you understand the point I was trying to make.

People just got so angry thinking I was trash talking or a troll. Get a life. This is a frivolous car forum, so let's talk about frivolous car sh!t - not sh!t on each other. How about that?

Live and let live.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:27 PM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Forums, by nature, open themselves up to alot of the internet BS.

BIG PICTURE: We're all part of a "family", the family of car enthusiasts.

As such, lets always strive to show each other the respect we would want shown to us.

I'd just remind everyone; before you hit the "submit" button, reread your post.

Ed
Old 11-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #3
SPANKT U

Drives: 2010 2SSRS Inferno Orange LS3
Go grab a Tootsie Pop and find out how many licks it takes to get to the center. K? (referencing your immaturity)
Old 11-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #4
philipdistefano
Remember, Remember...

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Send a message via AIM to philipdistefano
Quote:
Originally Posted by quorum View Post
Common is not hot. That's why the Mustang isn't hot.
Disagree. I will always be a fan of the Mustang.

I guess when the 5th gen Camaro is everywhere, which I suspect it will be within a couple of years or less, you won't think your car is hot anymore? That's so vain. A car is hot because it's hot...period.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Most people don't buy a Camaro because its hot. Most people buy a Camaro because they like the look, the power, the heritage- an almost infinite amount of reasons. If you're buying a car because its hot, you better get ready to lose a lot of money when you decide to sell.
Secondly, people worked just as hard to buy an LS over a fully-loaded SS/RS. It just depends on the economic situation of the individual. Obviously, some people still decide to get this car regardless of the engine or the options. It's their choice and they should be allowed to get what they want, what they can afford, what they choose to pay. It doesn't mean they worked any less harder than you did for your 2SS/RS.
In fact, we don't think the same. That's why we're not all driving a new Camaro let alone a 2SS/RS. I've seen dozens of LT's here and there, some without the RS package, several non-Camaro cars, and several non-2010's. It's ironic you should say that we think the same, because clearly, we don't. You say you're not a communist, but you show irrational thinking that doesn't really allow for freedom of choice.

Thank you and have a nice evening.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC

Last edited by Moose; 11-13-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: name calling
Old 11-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
SPANKT U

Drives: 2010 2SSRS Inferno Orange LS3
C'mon. Did you really think a new thread was going to change anything? Sheesh.... REALLY?
Old 11-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Here we go again. You say you understand me better then I understand myself, yet you have never met me. What?

Oh and there is a big difference between the LT/LS/SS. The SS has over 100 more HP then the LT and LS. That's why you paid more. If all you care about is cosmetics then why did you pay the extra money?

Why am I bothering, this is the internet.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:40 PM   #8
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
It makes you feel a little better knowing you at least tried to talk some sense into somebody...
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
Old 11-13-2009, 11:40 PM   #9
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392

I was going to bed. But it appears this thread warrants a close eye.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:41 PM   #10
philipdistefano
Remember, Remember...

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Send a message via AIM to philipdistefano
Quote:
Old 11-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post

I was going to bed. But it appears this thread warrants a close eye.

Entertainment before bed!
Old 11-13-2009, 11:45 PM   #12
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Brains buys money, but money doesnt buy brains. I can just afford my car, Sacrificed alot for a big down payment. I would trade it for nothing, no new Z28 or anything because of what I sacrifeced for it and how hard I work for it. A pride someone that has too much money will never experience. So whos really richer?. I dont care if its hot or if I get called a Gino or some garbage. I love it, I pay for it, I strive for it. The world can lick my nutz lol.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #13
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Here we go again. You say you understand me better then I understand myself, yet you have never met me. What?

Oh and there is a big difference between the LT/LS/SS. The SS has over 100 more HP then the LT and LS. That's why you paid more. If all you care about is cosmetics then why did you pay the extra money?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 11-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #14
quorum

Drives: SS/RS
Moose: looks like no-one took your advice. After explaining myself, instead of trying to understand what I mean, people are still holding onto their harsh judgments of me.

Sigh. One more time:

1) whether you work hard or not is irrelevant. I know you work hard. I know you deserve whatever you bought. I am talking about me - not you. If I pay more and get myself more into debt for a 2SS/RS it better be because I'm getting more than an LS. Get it? Wanting a 2SS/RS to look different than a 2LT/RS is my opinion.

2)
Quote:
Most people don't buy a Camaro because its hot. Most people buy a Camaro because they like the look, the power, the heritage- an almost infinite amount of reasons.
oh my gosh you're picky. You just described "hot" in a paragraph. I just used one word. Call it whatever you want, I don't care. The point is: it gets you excited.

3)
Quote:
I guess when the 5th gen Camaro is everywhere, which I suspect it will be within a couple of years or less, you won't think your car is hot anymore? That's so vain. A car is hot because it's hot...period.
and yet I've read many times before that people don't like the fact that there's so many Mustangs on the road. "Camaro is outselling the Mustang" is one such thread. Please go and chastise the guy who started that thread as well.

4)
Quote:
Go grab a Tootsie Pop and find out how many licks it takes to get to the center. K? (referencing your immaturity)
I have not insulted anyone personally, and yet I've been called "idiot" "maroon" (sic) and now "immature". I can have a civil discussion where a whole bunch of people are attacking me on a personal level without resorting to personally attacking anyone else. So who is mature?

Closed Thread