Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Bluetooth Functionality

Anyone have any idea how detailed the bluetooth functionality will be in the Camaro? My question really is will it be like on the BMWs and other high end cars out there and show your phonebook and who is calling on the radio display (or even better the DIC between the gauges)?
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #2
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
hell my Dodge nitro show's who is calling on the radio. No phone book but it does read the voice phone book. "Call - Doug - Mobile"
franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
hell my Dodge nitro show's who is calling on the radio. No phone book but it does read the voice phone book. "Call - Doug - Mobile"
Well that's just super cool!

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:48 PM   #4
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Anyone have any idea how detailed the bluetooth functionality will be in the Camaro? My question really is will it be like on the BMWs and other high end cars out there and show your phonebook and who is calling on the radio display (or even better the DIC between the gauges)?
It should, it does all that in GM's current cars (though, at least for the iPhone it won't show my phonebook/contacts, I'd have to program those into the car's system) - here's a link for info on GMs bluetooth systems

http://www.gm.com/vc/bluetooth/index.jsp
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:04 AM   #5
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
There's link over on the Corvette Forum where one of their supporting dealers (EVS) walks you through the paring of a phone and making a call. This was on a 2LT vette sans Nav (similar to what we are getting).

It was a breeze and as I recall you have to manually enter data into the cars "phone book" then you can easily say "CALL HOME" or "CALL JIM".

Worked well, as good as in my Honda Accord.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
There's link over on the Corvette Forum where one of their supporting dealers (EVS) walks you through the paring of a phone and making a call. This was on a 2LT vette sans Nav (similar to what we are getting).

It was a breeze and as I recall you have to manually enter data into the cars "phone book" then you can easily say "CALL HOME" or "CALL JIM".

Worked well, as good as in my Honda Accord.
Yeah, the link below steps you through it, looks very simple, I especially like how it can transfer a call between the phone and car upon entering / leaving the vehicle

And also the caller ID in the dash... swweeeet
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:04 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well, it's true bluetooth.

But, like everyone else said, I HOPE I can "plug in" a phone book with all my #'s. That would be the way to go!

And I don't care too much about weight. If it's not fast enough...I'll find a way to buy a freakin blower!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote