Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
A few recent cool things....

I just wanted to confirm a few cool recent events as I have seen some discussion on these items recently:

1) XM Radio: I just got a renewal notice from XM in the mail yesturday and they show my renewal date is exactly 1 year from the pruchase date, Sweet. I know some guys have said they got shut off after 3 months.

2) ZL1 plaque: I got a cool letter from GM in the mail yesturday congradulating me on the purchase on my ZL1 and it had a cool type plaque (very worthy of being framed) with my name/vin and details of my car...Very Cool.

3) I got a phone call last night. I have called ID and the caller was listed as, General Motors,,,,HHMMM? I answered and sure enough it was a GM engineer asking about my ZL1. He wanted to know if I was happy with the Car and if there were any issues, complaints or comments I wanted to share. I spoke with him for about 15 minutes, told him I loved the Car and thanked GM for making such a badass ride.

I have owned Vipers and Vettes and never received a call from the factory, to see what I thought.....

Nice job GM!!!
Lethal Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Very impressive, dont suppose you still have the number, I tend to ignore calls that I dont know. I would like to take that call if it ever comes my way.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Very cool!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
Asanti

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Very nice! I have never heard of a car manufacturer sending out letters of congratulations or certificates of ownership and NEVER a pro-active phone call. Really high marks here for GM.
Asanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Glad to hear about the XM Radio, mine was shut off, and then turned back on, and then another letter telling me it would be shut off in three months, so I had to thru the whole process again. Looks like now its all set. A plaque from GM, are you talking about the Certificates, all of us are waiting/waited on? I received my temp, still waiting on the hard copy. Lastly, did you order the car and was it placed on hold? I know some have/are waiting, the car is long done w/assembly and is/was in some sort of Quality Control holding period. Just wondering why your car? Picked at random/number out of a hat? Your the first I've heard of getting a call, I really like that someone actually took the time to get a customers opinion. I filled out this like 100 question survey, but that's about it. Especially glad you've had no issues! I love my ZL1 too!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Glad to hear about the XM Radio, mine was shut off, and then turned back on, and then another letter telling me it would be shut off in three months, so I had to thru the whole process again. Looks like now its all set. A plaque from GM, are you talking about the Certificates, all of us are waiting/waited on? I received my temp, still waiting on the hard copy. Lastly, did you order the car and was it placed on hold? I know some have/are waiting, the car is long done w/assembly and is/was in some sort of Quality Control holding period. Just wondering why your car? Picked at random/number out of a hat? Your the first I've heard of getting a call, I really like that someone actually took the time to get a customers opinion. I filled out this like 100 question survey, but that's about it. Especially glad you've had no issues! I love my ZL1 too!
I ordered my ZL1, and it was never placed on hold. As far as the plaque, I dont know if its the certificate you guys are waiting for or if this is different. I will take a pic of it and post. It did not say what # my ZL1 was, just details, Vin and my Name.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
DRTH VDR

Drives: 2012 triple black ZL-1 #799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
........................................ It did not say what # my ZL1 was, just details, Vin and my Name.
The # of your ZL 1 is the last four digits of the VIN.
DRTH VDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Yeah that's cool, my XM went away after 6 months but I paid for it, then they sent me a letter saying it was free for a year and I got a refund and it's still on.

But that phone call is cool, too bad I changed my number since then
Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTH VDR View Post
The # of your ZL 1 is the last four digits of the VIN.
Cool!! Thanks!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #10
Mil

Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
I got mine too; my certificate came in the mail about 4 months ago.
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #11
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil View Post
I got mine too; my certificate came in the mail about 4 months ago.

Mine came in my wife's name. I have since asked for one in mine. She could care less if it was in her name or not. Me on the other hand, I tend to geek out on stuff like that.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
That is great, GM will always be #1
Old 05-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
I just wanted to confirm a few cool recent events as I have seen some discussion on these items recently:

1) XM Radio: I just got a renewal notice from XM in the mail yesturday and they show my renewal date is exactly 1 year from the pruchase date, Sweet. I know some guys have said they got shut off after 3 months.

2) ZL1 plaque: I got a cool letter from GM in the mail yesturday congradulating me on the purchase on my ZL1 and it had a cool type plaque (very worthy of being framed) with my name/vin and details of my car...Very Cool.

3) I got a phone call last night. I have called ID and the caller was listed as, General Motors,,,,HHMMM? I answered and sure enough it was a GM engineer asking about my ZL1. He wanted to know if I was happy with the Car and if there were any issues, complaints or comments I wanted to share. I spoke with him for about 15 minutes, told him I loved the Car and thanked GM for making such a badass ride.

I have owned Vipers and Vettes and never received a call from the factory, to see what I thought.....

Nice job GM!!!
Hello Lethal Z,

We are happy you're having such a great experience with your Camaro ZL1. We are sure things will continue to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #14
KaotiK

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello Lethal Z,

We are happy you're having such a great experience with your Camaro ZL1. We are sure things will continue to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
It's nice that it looks like GM went the extra mile for some, but it's too bad that they have different tiered service (see: Canada).

I barely had XM for 3 months and it was cut. I did not nor do I expect a call to see how happy I was. No discount on the carbon fiber hood extractor... my window sticker was removed and has a big boot print from the truck driver who hauled it off the car hauler and lastly no ZL1 certificate or plaque such as Lethal Z received!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disgruntled just pointing a few inconsistencies that demonstrate a different level of customer service.
2012 ZL1 #478, BLACK, 6 SPD MANUAL, EXPOSED CARBON FIBER HOOD, BLACK 10 SPOKE WHEELS, SUNROOF, SUEDED APP. PACKAGE.

1000 Initial Order 11/29/2011Doug Marshall Chevrolet
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/29/2011 - QBFFHK
2000 Order accepted by GM: 01/24/2012
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 01/24/2012TPW - 03/05/2012
3100 Sequenced: 02/20/2012
3300 Scheduled For Production:02/20/2012
3400 Broadcast: 02/22/2012
3800 Produced: 03/07/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 03/07/2012
4200 Shipped: 04/05/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 04/13/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 04/19/2012