Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 03-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Will the Camaro fit my timeframe?

The lease on my 05 Grand Prix expires in mid May. With all the G8 GT incentives I was going to pick one up by the end of March before the lease buyback offer of $1000 expires. Now that it looks like the Camaro is at or near production will there be any on the lots by May?

I know there is no way to say for sure but lets hear your best bet.
CDN SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
they will be on the lots, but more than likely not for you to take home that day. they are building the v-6's that will go to the dealers to show off/test drive now. then you can order one straight from there, but you will be subject to MSRP+ dealer markup.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
There are people on here who have orderd one last october and hopeing to take delivery by may.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian GP View Post
The lease on my 05 Grand Prix expires in mid May. With all the G8 GT incentives I was going to pick one up by the end of March before the lease buyback offer of $1000 expires. Now that it looks like the Camaro is at or near production will there be any on the lots by May?

I know there is no way to say for sure but lets hear your best bet.
There will be some, but odds are they won't stick around for very long, and they will only be V6's. If you want an SS from the lot there is no way you'll find on sitting around until late summer at the earliest. You could search around the area for dealers who don't have any (or at least very few) pre-orders and try and get one into the system now, you might be lucky and the timing works out just right. If you are looking for a V6, then it should be easy for you to get your car quicker by ordering. Also, I think that GM will do lease extensions but I'm not familiar with this but it is something to look into.

Now, if you use you're Grand Prix as a family car, the G8 would be a better choice than the Camaro anyway. If its mostly as a fun car with occasional family duties . . . things get trickier.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #5
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Thats not entirely the scenario, you might be lucky, i wonder what would happen if you ordered one with a dealer who hasnt filled up their allocation? If you get any more input with this, and are looking to order a Camaro, PM me, my dealer has 3 of 6 camaros filled. Our timeline was apparently MAy, he said something about the Rep saying all the orders would be picked up the same time, and then that they should be here in May, now im not sure if he meant all 6, or just the 3 sold orders
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #6
GPGuy

Drives: Grand Prix & Silverado
My bet is that if you're really interested in one and have one ordered that they would allow you to extend your lease until it comes in. I know of other people who this has been done for when they had a new vehicle on order and/or they weren't sure what they wanted but their lease was up.
GPGuy is offline   Reply With Quote