Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Thinking about upgrading to a 10 rib setup, who's got one?

Looking for input about different 10 rib pulley setups (if there are any other than IW).

I have a maggie and I'm currently running a 3.6" pulley. I'm adding a ported blower manifold, larger diameter headers, RDS spacer, Alky meth kit, squash dual pump setup, going E-85 and installing the flex fuel sensor so I can max out my current setup. Eventually I'll be adding a forged motor but I want to get all the accessories out of the way first.

For those that have a 10 rib setup, who's kit are you running? Any issues? I've seen issues with IW's 8 rib kit were it will throw AC belts if you don't go to a smaller size, and seen some chew up belts. Anyone know if there are any other issues?

Anyone using the dual keyway setup?

Who did you get your kit through? IW has the kit for $1450 on their website and LPE offers a kit that is nearly twice that price. So far I haven't found anywhere else that sells them. Vendors please post in this thread if you sell the kits and I'll PM you for pricing info or you can post and PM me if that is easier for you.

Does anyone know if you can get the ECS upgraded tensioner with a 10 rib pulley instead of the 8 rib?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #2
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
I had the IW 10 rib and it helps a TON with belt slip and piece of mind you are getting all of the power with no slip.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #3
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
I have and sell the IW 10 rib, i learned to get all the dynoing out of the way before putting on the ac belt.I have a tensioner that is the most secure and with high torque.I will be glad to help you get the most out of your 2300 setup.We just finished up a 900 hp build .
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #4
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
I had the IW 10 rib and it helps a TON with belt slip and piece of mind you are getting all of the power with no slip.

What did you do with it since your not using it any more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2015, 10:27 PM   #5
LS7 427
10.11 @ 136.32

Drives: Black & Yellow 2SS/RS LPE LS7 427
I've had the LPE setup on my car and have been racing it hard for 2 years without an issue. It comes with a new power steering pump with pulley installed.
Bryan
Attached Images

Built, Tuned and Maintained By........
LS7 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:35 PM   #6
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
What did you do with it since your not using it any more?

Sold it to a member long time ago
Old 01-28-2015, 02:02 AM   #7
ggilastpi

Drives: Camaro
well,the LPE setup on my car and have been racing it hard for 2 years without an issue. It comes with a new power steering pump with pulley installed.
ggilastpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:56 AM   #8
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggilastpi View Post
well,the LPE setup on my car and have been racing it hard for 2 years without an issue. It comes with a new power steering pump with pulley installed.

What tensioner is that?

Old 01-28-2015, 09:14 AM   #9
LS7 427
10.11 @ 136.32

Drives: Black & Yellow 2SS/RS LPE LS7 427
Thats the tensioner that comes with the LPE kit.

Bryan

Built, Tuned and Maintained By........
LS7 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:44 AM   #10
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
We are working on a 8- and 10 - rib setup that will be budget friendly. The issue with the IW kit is that you then still have to purchase an upgraded tensioner and the blower pulley. Our plan is to include both with our kit. We also plan on running an overdrive crank pulley so that a larger blower pulley can be used, so all the guys that don't have rear cog drive as an option don't have to run a tiny pulley up front.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:36 PM   #11
jrpxxii

When I bought my IW set I went with the overdrive crank pulley option to help with boost and not have to run such a small pulley up top which also helps with belt slip. It would be nice to see someone come up with an entire kit that is budget friendly cause the IW compared to the Lingenfelter I don't see why anyone would buy the Lingenfelter when you can get basically the same thing much cheaper going IW but you do have to buy a couple extra pieces but still way cheaper.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:59 PM   #12
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
When I bought my IW set I went with the overdrive crank pulley option to help with boost and not have to run such a small pulley up top which also helps with belt slip. It would be nice to see someone come up with an entire kit that is budget friendly cause the IW compared to the Lingenfelter I don't see why anyone would buy the Lingenfelter when you can get basically the same thing much cheaper going IW but you do have to buy a couple extra pieces but still way cheaper.
The IW is way cheaper than the Lingenfelter, I don't know why it is so much. We will be targeting our 8 rib to be in the same range as the IW, but include the tensioner and one blower pulley. The key to a budget setup is to use a 8 - rib if you can, because it allows for use of the stock water pump pulley. By using a 10% overdrive balancer will allow for larger blower pulley, when combined with an upgraded tensioner and two more ribs, should fit the needs of most. We will also under drive the power steering pump and alternator, to get those back near the stock ranges, if not a few percent underdriven compared to stock. We have sourced a much lower cost 8-rib overdrive balancer that is still SFI approved, dual keyway, and 10% overdrive. We will be going to an ATI balancer for the 10 rib, and make them available as an upgrade on the 8 rib.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:07 PM   #13
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LS3VERT View Post
The IW is way cheaper than the Lingenfelter, I don't know why it is so much. We will be targeting our 8 rib to be in the same range as the IW, but include the tensioner and one blower pulley. The key to a budget setup is to use a 8 - rib if you can, because it allows for use of the stock water pump pulley. By using a 10% overdrive balancer will allow for larger blower pulley, when combined with an upgraded tensioner and two more ribs, should fit the needs of most. We will also under drive the power steering pump and alternator, to get those back near the stock ranges, if not a few percent underdriven compared to stock. We have sourced a much lower cost 8-rib overdrive balancer that is still SFI approved, dual keyway, and 10% overdrive. We will be going to an ATI balancer for the 10 rib, and make them available as an upgrade on the 8 rib.
This will be great for everyone. Hope it works out
Old 01-28-2015, 08:41 PM   #14
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LS3VERT View Post

Liking the sound of that kit. How far out are you from having it ready to go?