Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #15
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
I kind of thought that concept looked ugly... but I'll give it one thing, I bet it has great rear headroom.

Now this one I liked... The TRU 140S

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/c...-meaner-cruze/
Wow that Tru-140 looks like its growling in that picture lol^^^ These two concept cars look better each time you look at them more and more you find another feature to like that you didnt see before. Just go ahead and build both of these two concepts with great interiors GM! It will satisfy everyone and be a HUGE HUGE win with more sales.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
With a lighter nimbler BARRACUDA! WOW!

http://blogs.motortrend.com/detroits...uda-20329.html
Normally I'd say this would never happen but it does make a lot of sense. A smaller, more manueverable car has broader appeal (think how many chicks buy Mustangs) provided it doesn't get overpriced like the Challenger was... err, is. I think a lot of people liked the Challenger (myself included) but after the SS and 5.0 came out, it was too heavy, too big, too expensive and too slow. A Cuda that is none of those things is better able to compete and hopefully lure people away from Subaru, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, etc.

People are finally starting to remember that American cars are by and large superior to their foreign counterparts... Ford and now Chevy are cashing in. I hope Dodge can too.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
10CamaroIOM
Loves All Muscle Cars

Drives: 1997 Silverado Z71
Back with the Cuda! Muscle Cars are taking over again, Finally!
10CamaroIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #18
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
When I'm driving my camaro....I just smile every time I see a challenger, charger, Ssr, prowler or mustang. We are living in the best. (so far) muscle car era if you think about it. I love the modern retro muscle cars.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #19
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
The convertible would be cool
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Is everyone forgetting the fact that the Baracuda was a Plymouth? It seems kinda silly to me to bring back a Dodge Baracuda, or a Chrysler Baracuda, or a Jeep Baracuda, or a Ram Baracuda

And of course, there is no reason that they can't just make the next gen Challenger smaller & lighter.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #21
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Is everyone forgetting the fact that the Baracuda was a Plymouth? It seems kinda silly to me to bring back a Dodge Baracuda, or a Chrysler Baracuda, or a Jeep Baracuda, or a Ram Baracuda

And of course, there is no reason that they can't just make the next gen Challenger smaller & lighter.
There's no reason to kill the Challenger.
I fail,,,I loose,,,I will admit ,,I will not deny. Your mustang is unquestionably the best and fastest thing on god given earth. ,,,,,,please,it hurts me when you say the deny and fail thing. ONE MORE TIME,,,,I HAVE FAILED,,,,,I DRIVE A BIG FAT SLOW LS3 CAMARO THAT WILL NEVER,NEVER,NEVER IN ANY WAY OUT RUN A MUSTANG. AND MY CAMARO IS VERY UGLY !! YOU ARE SO LUCKY AND FORTUNATE TO HAVE THAT COYOTE.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #22
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777 View Post
First the news of the ~3400lb ATS, now this, and a lighter Mustang on the way. I like the direction these pony cars are heading. My one complaint all along has been they're all too big and heavy. Good news.
Yay! Now they are tiny and light enough that they can start doing away with those wasteful V-8 engines!!!!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #23
DaBears

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester, 2010 Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

A simple answer for me would be because the original challenger lasted what? 5 years? and there was no refresh of the design as far as I know.

How can dodge have a new gen Challenger without drastic changes which would tarnish the original name.

Thats how i see it anyway. Cuda is a good choice, who cares if its under the Dodge Name.
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #24
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
I would love to see them keep the Challenger as a large coupe, and offer the Cuda and the flyweight performance competitor. The curent Challenger has the distinction of being able to seat 4 adults comfortably and carry a weeks worth of luggage for them. IMHO, there is still a market for such personal coupes (THey sell like 30k a year which isn't bad considering it shares a platform and production facility with 3 other cars (CHarger, 300, and Lancias version of the 300). I would love to see a modern take on the CHevelle and Ford Gran Torino too.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #25
mikey92

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Transformers Edition
one of the concepts might be a new chevelle because gm has takent he name out again
mikey92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #26
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey92 View Post
one of the concepts might be a new chevelle because gm has takent he name out again
Source?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #27
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
A simple answer for me would be because the original challenger lasted what? 5 years? and there was no refresh of the design as far as I know.

How can dodge have a new gen Challenger without drastic changes which would tarnish the original name.

Thats how i see it anyway. Cuda is a good choice, who cares if its under the Dodge Name.
I know its been more than a month since you posted this but ...

There was another generation of Challenger, between the originals and the current car. The name went on a bit of a hiatus in the mid 70's but it came back for the 1978 model year, and was indeed much smaller and lighter than the original -probably because it was based off of a 4 cylinder Mitsubishi:

Just when you think the late 70's couldn't have been any worse for cars, you find things like this.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #28
mikey92

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Transformers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Source?
sorry dont have the source off hand. but i remember reading it on some website. not sure which one, and for all we know it could be a rumor, but i remember readint that gm trademarked "Chicane" as a viehicle name as well as the chevelle, and that toyota trademarked the surpa name again. ill try to find the website again though
mikey92 is offline   Reply With Quote