Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
mpiper

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
Person who hit the door: "Oh, it's nothing. just some paint"

I absolutely hate some people.

I parked at my gym to go in and work out. Parked on the back half of the lot to avoid all the other cars. No cars parked near me.

An hour later, I walk out and see a mid 90's Honda Accord parked next to me. It's showing it's years, some paint chips, a cracked rear fender, etc. As I walk to my door to get in I see a nice little vertical paint chips where the driver door (I was backed in, they were pulled in) had hit my door and chipped the paint.

I'm doubly annoyed about this. First, Paint chips on black stand the hell out! and secondly, I heading out later this week to take my son to a Transformer's convention. This is the same son who pointed out that a black Camaro with gold stripes is an authorized version of Bumblebee (Stealth Bumblebee)and he was excited to be going to the convention in the Camaro. So I don't have time to send it in to the body shop before we leave, but hoping they can do a simple, 1 day repair.

I'm not going to have my insurance pay for something that is obviously from someone who doesn't take care of their own car, so I walk back in to have the owner paged so we can exchange insurance. When she comes to the main entrance, as we walk out, she4 says, no one was parked near me when I got here. I was all alone. I simply said I'd been here quite a while and was the only car parked out here when I arrived and I chose this area to avoid other cars. So she basically admitted she didn't even notice I was there and was mindlessly in a rush to catch her excercise class. When she sees the chips she blinks and says "Oh, is that all? And you want to file an insurance claim on that? That's nothing. How about I just give you a couple bucks for some touch up paint."

I stayed calm and polite, but said "No, I don't want an uneven paint surface, so they might have to repaint the door. It's not a big deal, but I think we should let the insurance take care of it."

She got huffy and gave me her info and then called someone while I called my insurance and filed.

Why can't people understand that SOME of us on earth actually take pride in some of our most expensive possessions and don't treat them like disposable paper cups??

Anyway, it's really not too bad, just VERY visible. Just had to vent.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Lucky for those people most of the time people don't pack heat.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
It's the by God principle of it all. Yes it is JUST a car. But it's MINE.

People slam the doors on my truck and beat their boots off ect. And are shocked when I ask them to be careful as if my truck is a friggin muddier just because it's jacked up.

I bought this car with some minor chips ALL of which I am aware of. If one gets put on while I'm on duty then you'll find yourself one pissed of dude.

It's the pos cars which the owners care nothing about that pisses me off. They hit your stuff and could care less about their ragged out ride. Rant over.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
quimbo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 45 anniversary camaro
This might be your answer

Dude i used this stuff on my 2009 corvette totally awesome product THAT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

http://drcolorchip.com/
quimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
jimsss

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
To have a car perfect, you are never allowed to park the car in public.
If you drive it on a public road,
it is just a matter of time before someone runs into it.

You will never keep your car perfect,...NEVER!
Stone chips, door dings, bird droppings, the a-hole that keys your car, the hit and run! the car wash gone bad, ect, ect.

On the other hand, I keep trying.
jimsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Of course it's no big deal to her, that's why she drives a POS 90's Honda. Sorry for your damage. Hope you get it fixed in time for the convention.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
That's the great thing about my truck. Their doors either hit my tires or step bar.

Wish there was a multilayer gloss wrap. Sh$t gets looking ruff? Just pull off a layer.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
That's the great thing about my truck. Their doors either hit my tires or step bar.

Wish there was a multilayer gloss wrap. Sh$t gets looking ruff? Just pull off a layer.
That's one nice looking truck you got there.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
this kind of stuff is why I drive my 14 yr old nissan to work every day. my wife always asks why I don't take the camaro, she just doesn't get it.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
mpiper

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by quimbo View Post
Dude i used this stuff on my 2009 corvette totally awesome product THAT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

http://drcolorchip.com/
Depending on what the insurance says, I'll do that! I don't care how it gets fixed, just that it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsss View Post
To have a car perfect, you are never allowed to park the car in public.
If you drive it on a public road,
it is just a matter of time before someone runs into it.

You will never keep your car perfect,...NEVER!
Stone chips, door dings, bird droppings, the a-hole that keys your car, the hit and run! the car wash gone bad, ect, ect.

On the other hand, I keep trying.
I'm not worried about perfect, just nice enough that you have to LOOK to see anything wrong. And there's the principle that she literally didn't even remember I was parked there when she pulled in.

Wish they did make that clear wrap. That would sell like crazy to people like us!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Some people are just idiots, they have no respect for other peoples things. Sorry to hear about this man.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
I swear some people don't have a clue about the time, money and effort it takes and the pride some of us have in our cars!
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #13
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
You handled that pretty well. I can honestly say I wouldve been fuming and she wouldve gotten an ear full

Im sorry about your car....
Old 04-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #14
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
this kind of stuff is why I drive my 14 yr old nissan to work every day. my wife always asks why I don't take the camaro, she just doesn't get it.
You remind me of a guy I work with. He ordered his 2SS/RS and it was a low production number. He only drove it occasionally.

Meanwhile, he drove his beater to work.

Long story short, he just sold it with less than 5K miles on it. (He got an SUV, more space for family trips).

Leaving me asking, in 2 1/2 years, that Camaro basically sat in the garage. What was the purpose? Why did he buy it?

I think that now whenever I read about people that keep theirs locked away.

More power to you, but I don't get it.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote