Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #15
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Our Intake system has been tested back to back making over 600rwhp.There is over 50 square inches for it to breath from in and around the washer bottle.There is also an inlet that the factory air scoop(behind the grill,not the slot in the nose)sends air to that sends directly into our airbox.

Dyno video and graphs:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40703

We will also have an optional airlid that is sealed and a scoopt that will pull air directly to the bottom of our filter making a 6 degree difference or up to 3 degrees timing increase(depending on the tune).

One note-It is very important that the tune be proper to take advantage of the aftermarket intakes on the market.If you need me to answer any of your questions please call me 214-228-8782

We also offer a boost gauge for your car.

Thanks
Andy
www.admperformance.com
the adm is kinds pricey though, isnt it?
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #16
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
No disrespect to others, but ADM is one of the best designs I've seen. There is a gentleman here on the forum, who said Andy has been working on his cars for 10 years and he said Andy pays a great attention to details. The "little" extra you pay, is for his perfection of the work! Having the top sealed is very important, as you can see the stock is also sealed (but restricted). When it comes to air flow, get the best (not the cheapest)!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:14 PM   #17
Streetking

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
No disrespect to others, but ADM is one of the best designs I've seen. There is a gentleman here on the forum, who said Andy has been working on his cars for 10 years and he said Andy pays a great attention to details. The "little" extra you pay, is for his perfection of the work! Having the top sealed is very important, as you can see the stock is also sealed (but restricted). When it comes to air flow, get the best (not the cheapest)!
That would be me.. You get what you pay for especially with ADM products. I have been in this car game alot longer than most people on here and modify everyone of my cars. It's amazing to see how many new "tuners" have popped up after the new Camaro hit the streets. Like I stated before, Andy had been working on my cars for a long time. He was originally trained at Lingenfelter. He does alot of R&D, does his own testing and then puts out the product. He is never satisfied and keeps making improvements where ever he can.

This is one of the Corvettes he did for me several years ago, notice how clean everything is, all the clamps are perfectly straight and his welds on the exhaust system.

SW

A 427 he did for me on another C5 ZO6..

SW
Old 09-08-2009, 07:26 AM   #18
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Our system is being used on many S/C Camaros. Some are adapting the Maggie tube with a coupler and some are fabricating a tube to couple to our MAF sensor housing and air box. Because of our unique MAF sensor housing and large filter, our system tunes very well with the package and adds huge power as compared to stock.
One customer using the Maggie elbow with our system showed +34 HP just by dropping in our system and coupling to the Maggie tube. That's before further tuning.

Like other systems, I can tell you the Maggie tube doesn't align perfectly with our box; therefore, it takes some work to adapt. We do plan on offering a molded tube specifically for this application, but we don't have a firm completion date. Here's our sytem in a stock vehicle.

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #19
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
I don't think it is that pricey. It is pretty much in line with what other CAIs are going for and I think the ADM design is a step ahead of the rest.

Crowley
Old 09-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #20
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
I know speedInc is using the Roto-Fab with their Maggie shop car. They said they liked that it had the bell shaped inlet which assisted airflow. In all honesty I dont really see there being too much of a difference in hp between all the applications. I went with Roto-Fab because SpeedInc recommended it (they dont sell it though) and runs it on their shop car..plus it was the cheapest and made pretty much the same hp as the more expensive units. There are better ways to waste an extra $200.

I would think if the companies claiming 30hp would of gotten it, they would of been posting all over the place by now. But instead they are getting the average 15-20ish.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #21
ss1_2010

Drives: 2010 ss1 Cyber grey M6
I would wait on the vararam!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #22
Crowley
Okie doke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1_2010 View Post
I would wait on the vararam!
Vararam can't be used with the Maggie as far as I know. The heat exchager for the maggie takes up the spot where the vararam would take in air.

Crowley
Old 09-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #23
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Nice to see some old pics pop back up on the net.....Streetkings car in pic #1 is a LPE C-6 INTAKE MODIFIED TO FIT HIS C-5.....and I thnk Mike at ROTOFAB designed it if I recall -
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #24
2010_5thgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
I know speedInc is using the Roto-Fab with their Maggie shop car. They said they liked that it had the bell shaped inlet which assisted airflow. In all honesty I dont really see there being too much of a difference in hp between all the applications. I went with Roto-Fab because SpeedInc recommended it (they dont sell it though) and runs it on their shop car..plus it was the cheapest and made pretty much the same hp as the more expensive units. There are better ways to waste an extra $200.

I would think if the companies claiming 30hp would of gotten it, they would of been posting all over the place by now. But instead they are getting the average 15-20ish.
thats kind of the way i look at it. there are alot of open filter air intakes and they all do the same job. it all comes down to the fit and finish. if i find one for 300 is it not as good as a 500 dollar unit? no. its probably the same. the $500 unit is more material and R&D in it. thats most of the reason price is so high on some units.

is there a way to use the stock magna charger tube with a open filter? has someone come up with anything like that? i know the tube comes with the kit, but it just goes in to the stock air box.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #25
Streetking

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
thats kind of the way i look at it. there are alot of open filter air intakes and they all do the same job. it all comes down to the fit and finish. if i find one for 300 is it not as good as a 500 dollar unit? no. its probably the same. the $500 unit is more material and R&D in it. thats most of the reason price is so high on some units.

is there a way to use the stock magna charger tube with a open filter? has someone come up with anything like that? i know the tube comes with the kit, but it just goes in to the stock air box.
Dude, just by the ADM box and you will have it all..

SW
Old 09-09-2009, 03:42 AM   #26
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
ADM is the Best for sure, the MAS is inside the box
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #27
2010_5thgen

what about LMR?
Old 09-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #28
Crowley
Okie doke

Quote:
what about LMR?
If your on the fence, give ADM a call and talk to him. See what he can do for you. You won't be dissapointed with his workmanship or results.

Crowley