Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-09-2011, 06:32 AM   #1
mtbikerinme83

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3-M6
Anyone have highflow cat mids with intake, ported throttle body and no tune?

Like the title says, I'm curious if anyone is running the combo of highflow cat mid pipes(Solo), cai, and ported throttle body without a tune. Are you getting any codes thrown? Have checked your air/fuel ratio to make sure your not too lean? This is the combo I'm thinking of running since as long as I don't tune my dealer will overlook the rest of the mods. Thanks in advanced.

Previously:
2010 IBM 2SS LS3-M6
CAI intake with JRE race scoop, VMax TB, Solo HF Catted Mid pipes, and JRE SCT tune

Last edited by mtbikerinme83; 01-09-2011 at 11:03 AM.
mtbikerinme83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
I have solo high flow cats, vmax ported throttle body and a rotofab CAI. No codes. I have had the CAI on for some time, added the TB a couple months ago, awesome pick up, and just installed the HF cats. Only 8 miles on the car with HF cats on with no code, but had to put up for the winter. Car sounds much better with cats not as loud as I was afraid they would be and could feel a pick up in power. I might get a tune later, but don't want to void my warranty yet. Would definitely do them all again!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
mtbikerinme83

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3-M6
That's good to hear. I'm not ready to do a tune yet,maybe once the car is a few years old.

Previously:
2010 IBM 2SS LS3-M6
CAI intake with JRE race scoop, VMax TB, Solo HF Catted Mid pipes, and JRE SCT tune
mtbikerinme83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Like first one I have the same setup! The cai is a Roto-Fab and the high flow cats are Solo and stock tune. I've been running that way since June with no CEL's! I just installed the VMax CNC TB but no miles on it yet because it's stored for the winter. Can't wait for the weather to break to try it out!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote