Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
cb4dude

Drives: 2010 LT1 M6
"The Mistress" - My Car Build

“The Mistress”
It started back late in 2009. I had yet to see a new Camaro up close. I stopped in to take a close look at a dealership. This was the first car in a long time that, in my opinion, had brought something new to automotive style. Sexy, sculptured, and mean looking. GM had nailed the style. I knew I could not get one, so I left, eventually finding my way home.

Fast forward about 9 months. I had sort of forgotten about the Camaro, given some person problems I was going through. I was in the market for a new car. When I did start looking, there it was, grabbing my attention yet again. I just had to get a price on one. I was interested in the V6 with a standard (of course) 311 HP was plenty to have a hell of a lot of fun driving. I was surprised how affordable it was. It just so happened that employee pricing was on. I had 2 weeks to decide if I want it and to find one. By the time I got home, I was running for the phone. It was a no brainer for me 1LT in black on black. I began calling dealerships. Living in Northern Ontario, there is limited stock. I had to go south 4 hours to Toronto to get what I wanted. After a whole Saturday on the phone I found a dealer with what I wanted, and willing to hold it until I went to look at it and take it for a test drive the following weekend. I bought it on the spot. I was a Camaro owner.

Stock car, week one.
Attached Images

Doug Thorley Shorty Headers - K&N CAI - VMax Black Iceolator - VMax Ported Throttle Body - Hotchkis Lowering Springs - BMR Toe Rods & Trailing Arms - American Racing Rims - Polished stainless accents - Chrome Grill - 1LT Badging

Last edited by cb4dude; 06-20-2012 at 12:37 PM.
cb4dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
cb4dude

Then I found Camaro5 shortly after. All you crazy bastards on here gave me the itch too. Without even realising it, I was sucked in and hooked on adding mods to the car. I am a bit of a traditionalist. A black car with chrome accents. To me it’s like a car dressed in a tuxedo.

Current Mods – Installed/applied myself
(Except for rims and headers, done by my local custom shop)

Performance
Doug Thorley shorty headers
Injen CAI
Hurst short-throw shifter

Interior
Hurst T Handle
Calazzio Leather Seat Covers

Exterior
Front Chrome Grill
1LT badging front and back
Stainless “Gill” Inserts
Stainless marker light trim front and back
3M brushed steel film on engine cover
18” American Racing Torq Thrust M rims

Current Pictures
Attached Images

Doug Thorley Shorty Headers - K&N CAI - VMax Black Iceolator - VMax Ported Throttle Body - Hotchkis Lowering Springs - BMR Toe Rods & Trailing Arms - American Racing Rims - Polished stainless accents - Chrome Grill - 1LT Badging

Last edited by cb4dude; 06-20-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
cb4dude

And a few more pics
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Love your mods. The deep dish chromes are amazing.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Cool pics, man! How do you like the headers?

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
cb4dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Cool pics, man! How do you like the headers?
Love em man. The first time I stepped on it, I could feel the extra kick. They also give the car a deeper growl. Definitely worth the money!