Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-23-2018, 03:15 AM   #1
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
When You Guys Bought A Driveshaft

Did you need to get a driveshaft that was 1LE specific, or did you just order the standard SS driveshaft? Anything would help.

I am trying to make sure the ZL1 Driveline will fit in my car without modifications so I figure this will help me out. I got the 3.73 gearing manual transmission one but nobody can give me a solid answer.

Last edited by TheInfamouSS; 03-23-2018 at 06:56 PM.
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473478
Old 03-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #3
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Thanks. I have been all over that thread for a while. The problem is the 1le transmission is different so you would either have to get a custom driveshaft or modify the trans flange to fit the bolts of the zl1 driveshaft. Im trying to find the flange part number from the 1le itself so I can get it machined before i drop the car off so that way I won't have to buy a one piece driveshaft.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:45 PM   #4
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
I have a 2013 1LE. I had put a one piece aluminum driveshaft in it. When I changed up to the ZL1 rear end, I couldn't use my Aluminum driveshaft because of the connection to the rear of the manual trans. I ended up, putting the two piece stock ZL1 drive shaft in and just using the mounts from my original stock SS driveshaft to mate it all with the trans.
It was super easy once we figured that out. Back together in seconds just using the rubber mount and bolts from the SS drive shaft.

So now I have a DriveShaft Shop, all Aluminum driveshaft for an SS Camaro...if anyone is interested. pm me.

There, answered the question with experience and listed my driveshaft..

I could have sent my alum driveshaft back to The Driveshaft shop but logistically where I live it was not feasible.
BC Racing coil-overs, 32ml rear sway bar, Solid cradle bushing kit, Steel jacket radius rod bushes, JPSS caster bolt, Bo White TB, Granitelli HP coils, Apex Catchcan, Vortech V7 Ysi Supercharger, LSX B-15 engine, custom spec cam, and other stuff.
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #5
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

So basically if I get the gm kit for the ss car it should bolt up without a problem?