Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 12-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Ralisk

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 (M6) IOM
Muffler Shop near Pasadena MD for muffler delete?

I just got off the phone with HPR in Glen Burnie off Craine Highway and they want $200 to do a muffler delete. I've had an audio system put in there on an older car and was happy with service kinda why I would like to use them again. I'm just wondering if there are any other reputable shops in the area that would do a delete for less and do quality work. I've seen some people pay $60-$100 on the forums, hoping I can find a good deal, tryin to save some money for the MGW shifter.

Thanks guys.
Ralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
GARYSSS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS M6 Rally Yellow
I had mine done at Maryland Muffler, i think that was the name anyway. They are on route 2 north as soon as you exit from route 10 in Brooklyn Park. They charged me $100, but said it would be a little more if I sent any one else, maybe $120. Mine was the first one they had done. They did a good job. They cut my tips off and reused them. Weather was warmer when I had it done so door was open and I was able to watch them do everything and tell them where I wanted tips.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Tony's pretty much right across the street from HPR. I had Tony's do a custom dual exhaust on my pick up and they also installed my cat back on the car.

Do NOT go to HPR.

I had them do some exhaust work a while ago and it was just horrible. It sounded like shit because the welds were full of holes. I had the muffler cut off and then went there with it in the trunk. The employees came out and made fun of the weld job and talked about how horrible it was. When they asked where I got it done I told them right there.

Then they explained to me how the giant gaps were perfectly normal.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
Ralisk

@GARYSSS, I'll have to look into that, $120 sounds about what I want to pay. How did they do? Clean cuts/welds? I know no one will look at the bottom of my car, but I'll pay to have quality work done.

@rdblan2, Hahahaha.... I know I mentioned I wanted to use HPR again, but from the sound of the guys voice on the phone I seemed kinda thrown off, like he wasn't confident in doing it and he mentioned aluminized steel, and I am wanting stainless. I have customer loyalty issues lol...

A Buddy of mine mentioned Mandrel Bending Solutions (http://www.mandrelbendingsolutions.c...let/StoreFront), right off Mountain Road, which is literally 5minutes from me. I called them up and they quoted me $200-$250 with 409 stainless steel and 3 hours of work?! Seems like they want a lil extra cash from me.

Thanks guys!!
Old 12-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
Ralisk

What is the name of Tony's shop? forgot to ask.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
TRIPWIRE
Chillin Like a Villain

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic Dusk Ed.
http://www.automufflers.org/ their about 45 min away from you and there really cheap they did my headers and exhaust and they do quality welding. ask for kenny and tell them mike with the blue camaro sent you and you should get a great deal.
TRIPWIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #7
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralisk View Post
What is the name of Tony's shop? forgot to ask.
Tony's Custom Exhaust. Little hard to find. They are in the back of that complex if you GPS your way there.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
GARYSSS

Welds were good and they used a sawsall to cut off tips and mufflers. They did use aluminized steel. I didn't ask how much more stainless would be, but I'm sure it would be more. I knew I was painting from axle to tips black when I got home so I wasn't concerned. I have heard good things about Tony's also, but I've never used them myself.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Don't ever ever go to HPR in GB. Not sure how they are now but one time they had my muffler literally hanging off the pipe on my STi on a simple muffler install job. Guess who fixed it with a perfect weld? Maryland muffler on crain hwy rt-3 and 175 They couldn't believe what HPR has done to my car They also said that it was not the first time they had to fix HPR's work. I would def recommend maryland muffler. Decent price but most importantly, they do their work right! Just had my mflow x-pipe put in not too long ago for a little over 200 with the part.

Tony's is OK I guess.. I had some muffler work done on my crown vic from there a long time ago and the work was good, but I called them once trying to see how much a custom flowmaster axle back would cost and the guy on the phone was just a straight smart a$$. Decided to look the other way.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #10
Ralisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Don't ever ever go to HPR in GB. Not sure how they are now but one time they had my muffler literally hanging off the pipe on my STi on a simple muffler install job. Guess who fixed it with a perfect weld? Maryland muffler on crain hwy rt-3 and 175 They couldn't believe what HPR has done to my car They also said that it was not the first time they had to fix HPR's work. I would def recommend maryland muffler. Decent price but most importantly, they do their work right! Just had my mflow x-pipe put in not too long ago for a little over 200 with the part.

Tony's is OK I guess.. I had some muffler work done on my crown vic from there a long time ago and the work was good, but I called them once trying to see how much a custom flowmaster axle back would cost and the guy on the phone was just a straight smart a$$. Decided to look the other way.
Wow... Who's HPR? I just have the worst feeling about taking any car there now, heh. Thanks for the info!! About how much did you spend? Was it just a muffler selete and nothing else? What kind of steel was used? I'm still looking around, shop near me has a good rep but just pricey... quoted me 200-250...

Got any pics of your job?

Again, thank you all for the input!!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Toney does great work..
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #12
Ralisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJETSFAN View Post
Toney does great work..
Whats your experience there?
Old 12-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #13
GARYSSS

The shop I told you about is marvin's muffler not maryland muffler, Sorry.
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rl...63173800781400
Old 12-30-2011, 02:23 AM   #14
V1rus

Drives: 2009.5 Pontiac G8
Mandrel Bending Solutions does excellent work and they are in Pasadena. Some of the best welds and workmanship I've ever seen.

http://www.mandrelbend.com/
V1rus is offline   Reply With Quote