Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros > 4th Gen Marketplace

Old 05-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
HeavyArms SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
1999 Camaro Z28 FS/FT

Up for sale is my 1999 Camaro Z28. It's a 6-speed, T-top with 145,500 miles on it. I had bought this car recently and I'm finding that I need something a bit more practical to

drive everyday. It's setup to be a weekend track car and I just didn't do enough research into the mods that it has and thought I could DD it just fine. Live and learn eh? I

don't have the money to put into it to make it fit my needs better, so I figured I'd just sell it or trade it for something closer to what I want.

It made 400 rwhp and 403 torque on a Mustang Dyno.

Performance:
Ls1 346c.i. 5.7L Short block 140k
PRC Stage 2.5 5.3L CNC Ported Heads
Prc .650 dual springs
TSP Magic Stick 3 237/242 .603"/.609"
Cometic gaskets
Professional Products Red fuel rails
F.A.S.T. 36# Precision Flow Injectors
LS6 Intake manifold
BBK 85mm Throttle Body
SLP 85mm MAF & harness
SLP smooth bellow
No EGR
Pacesetter Ceramic Long tube Headers 1 3/4"
TSP Off-Road ORY (no cats)
Fabricated Borla Adjustable Catback (2 out the left)
LS2 Timing Chain
LS6 Oil Pump
New GM LS7 Lifters
Chromoly Pushrods
ARP Head Bolts
Hypertech PowerStat 160 Thermostat
MSD wires with tr-55 plugs painted coil packs
SLP lid heated up to fit the 85mm maf

Transmission & Rear:
Ram powergrip Stage 3 Clutch Assembly
Aluminum Flywheel
Hurst shifter
Hurst Leather Shift Knob
Skip Shift Eliminator
Master Cylinder Drill Mod
10 bolt
3.42 gear 4 channel traction control car

Suspension:
Sam Strano Lowering springs
Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts
BMR Adjustable Torque Arm w poly bushing
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Subframe Connectors
BMR adjustable panhard bar
SLP strut tower bar

Wheels:
17x9 Chrome SS 10 spokes
255/40zr17 Michelin Pilot sports
275/40zr17 Nitto Nt-05

Brakes:
Baer Eradispeed 2 piece Front rotors
RotorPros Rear Rotors drilled and slotted
Duralast Gold Cmax Pads
Painted Red brake calipers

Interior:
Tan Leather from 2001 Camaro Front and rear seats

I made a couple videos of the car at idle and one with some revs.
Idle:

Revs:

The paint isn't perfect, it's not bad for a 14 year old car. There are some scratches, paint chips and some bubbling on the sail panel. The only issues with the car is the

passenger window motor is pretty slow, the driver's window is off it's track a bit(still goes up and down just fine), and reverse sometimes pops out of gear. I was told it

might be a worn out shift fork. The A/C does not work. The compressor leaks, but I have another compressor to go with the car. It shifts smoothly through all the gears, no oil

leaks, and no issues with the rear end. I have the title clean and clear and a clean CarFax report. I have some of the receipts from the mods that were put on it and a dyno

sheet.

Car is located in Phoenix, AZ.
Price: $8000 OBO
You can PM or email me with any questions or if you want specific pictures of something. My email is molivola86@hotmail.com. Thanks.
Attached Images

Last edited by HeavyArms SS; 06-13-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Price change.
HeavyArms SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Nice ride, glws
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
HeavyArms SS

Thanks. I'm really looking for a Trans Am to replace it.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
That's a lot of solid mods for a decent price. Truly a good example for someone wanting to get a car to take right to the track. Is it really that bad that you can't stand it?
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Lemmie guess: sucks gas like a mofo? If you want a TA my MRM is for sale. 59,100 miles.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
HeavyArms SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
That's a lot of solid mods for a decent price. Truly a good example for someone wanting to get a car to take right to the track. Is it really that bad that you can't stand it?
Well, I just don't really want to spend a whole lot of money getting it to where I would like it. I discovered some things with the car after I had bought it that needed fixing, which the guy I bought it from didn't mention. When I test drove it, the transmission didn't pop out of gear. The guy I bought it from just said reverse was "tricky" that you had to play with the clutch a bit. It also needs to be retuned. It ran perfectly fine driving it back from CA, but when I started it the next day it took a good amount of time just to find it's idle at 850 rpms. The car wanted to die if you didn't hold it steady at around 800 rpms for 30 seconds or so. Once the car is warmed up after 5 minutes it just purrs. It's only an issue at cold start. Plus not having AC right now kinda sucks here. It really is just setup for someone to take it to the track and that's about it. I thought otherwise, oh well.

Zabo: It does suck gas pretty bad. Your TA is really nice, just looking for something a little closer to home.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms SS View Post
Well, I just don't really want to spend a whole lot of money getting it to where I would like it. I discovered some things with the car after I had bought it that needed fixing, which the guy I bought it from didn't mention. When I test drove it, the transmission didn't pop out of gear. The guy I bought it from just said reverse was "tricky" that you had to play with the clutch a bit. It also needs to be retuned. It ran perfectly fine driving it back from CA, but when I started it the next day it took a good amount of time just to find it's idle at 850 rpms. The car wanted to die if you didn't hold it steady at around 800 rpms for 30 seconds or so. Once the car is warmed up after 5 minutes it just purrs. It's only an issue at cold start. Plus not having AC right now kinda sucks here. It really is just setup for someone to take it to the track and that's about it. I thought otherwise, oh well.

Zabo: It does suck gas pretty bad. Your TA is really nice, just looking for something a little closer to home.
No worries man. Actually fixing the window track and the motors aren't hard. Did mine going in blind inside of 3 hours. Just get a putty knife (or a nylon scraper) for removing the door panel. Patience is key but it only cost me a few drinks on a hot day and 60 bucks on a motor.

I understand ya though with the distance thing, I didn't see you were in AZ till after I posted LOL! Someone will buy our cars, just give it time.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
HeavyArms SS

Yea I took the passenger door panel off and wired up the autotrix window kit, so the window motor is getting more juice. I'm just not sure about replacing the motor since it is pop riveted to the door. Plus it's almost 110 out and I have no garage. I actually just bought a '99 Mystic Teal Metallic TA today off of craigslist. 1 owner, immaculate, 93k miles for $5500! Hopefully it won't take long to sell our cars. Glood luck on selling yours, it is pretty sweet.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #9
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms SS View Post
Yea I took the passenger door panel off and wired up the autotrix window kit, so the window motor is getting more juice. I'm just not sure about replacing the motor since it is pop riveted to the door. Plus it's almost 110 out and I have no garage. I actually just bought a '99 Mystic Teal Metallic TA today off of craigslist. 1 owner, immaculate, 93k miles for $5500! Hopefully it won't take long to sell our cars. Glood luck on selling yours, it is pretty sweet.
Carbide bit and drill the head off. At least yours is popriveted so it's probably got a dimple to rest the bit into. Mine had the factory bucked rivets and I'll be damned if I couldn't get that drill to center!

Good luck man, and watch those door panels and headlight motors! Oh, and one other thing: http://www.blackbirdlighting.com/

You'll thank me after a few weeks of night driving.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #10
HeavyArms SS

Zabo: Thanks, hopefully I can sell her soon so I can use some of that money to mod the T/A.

Price drop: $7800 OBO.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
HeavyArms SS

Price drop for Independence Day and through this weekend: $6500! Happy Independence Day everyone!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #12
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Great price for a project car. MS3 is definitely not a DD cam, but a solid performer at the strip.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
No T-Top pics?! Unleash the sexiness! GLWS btw.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #14
HeavyArms SS

New price at $7000. I've been taking it for some night time drives a few times a week so the mileage will go up just a bit. I really would like to see this car sold soon!

Haha here is a T-Top pic for you.
Attached Images