Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
Camaroowner77

Drives: The Red Menace
Rating on BMR Suspension's 1.2" lowering springs

Whats your rating on BMR Suspension's 1.2" lowering springs for v6 camaros? I'm planning on buying some for my car. Does anyone have any thing they could tell me about them?
Camaroowner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
blackSSRS

Drives: 2010 RS
Only had them a day but I would recommend them, gonna test them some more after work today. So far it handles better, looks better, and stayed almost as soft of a ride. A++
blackSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Camaroowner77

Drives: The Red Menace
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackSSRS View Post
Only had them a day but I would recommend them, gonna test them some more after work today. So far it handles better, looks better, and stayed almost as soft of a ride. A++
Alright thanks. Thats awesome! And they are reasonably priced too
Camaroowner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroowner77 View Post
Whats your rating on BMR Suspension's 1.2" lowering springs for v6 camaros? I'm planning on buying some for my car. Does anyone have any thing they could tell me about them?
The spring rate on our V6 BMR lowering springs are a little different then our BMR V8 lowering springs. The spring rates for the front are 200lb and the rears are 430lb. Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
They better be good, it took long enough to develop them! We have been testing and tweaking them for over a year before we got them to the point we were ready to release them. Ride height consistency, handling and ride quality are on par with our V8 springs and they have none of common spring seat issues talked about frequently on the forums. These are not just V8 springs re-labeled as V6 springs, we adjusted spring free height and spring rate to work with the various differences of the two platforms.

If you haven't seen this before posted in the forums, here are some interesting facts about our springs:

1) BMR springs are manufactured from chrome silicon high-tensile spring wire. This is the best spring wire available for automotive applications. Most NASCAR teams use this type of spring wire for their designs.

2) Every BMR spring is computer tested as the last step of the manufacturing process. Every spring...not just a sample from each batch. EVERY SPRING!! Each spring is loaded in the spring tester at the factory. The spring is compressed and the CNC Load Cell measures the force for a variety of spring lengths. The computer takes this data and compares it to the BMR quality specs. Bad springs (if any) are kicked out and the good ones are sent to BMR. Per our requirements, the test data for each and every spring is electronically sent to BMR.

3) BMR springs are cold wound on a CNC Coiling Machine. The CNC coiling head can adjust the spring diameter in real time to ensure that every spring is the same as the other springs. This guarantees that your right spring matches your left spring!!

4) Every BMR spring is compressed solid at the factory. Not once, but twice. This gives the spring its permanent set...and guarantees NO SAG. This allows BMR to offer a lifetime warranty against spring sag.

5) BMR springs are stress-relieved at 750 degrees F. This ensures that most stresses induced during the winding process are eliminated. This process is necessary to achieve the repeatable high-quality product that BMR offers!!

6) All springs are shot-peened to eliminate residual surface stresses. Many spring manufacturers skip this step. BMR insists on this operation as part of our spring manufacturing process.

A few more notes:

1) BMR springs are Proudly Made in the USA!!! Costs are minimized and quality is maintained using CNC manufacturing equipment. Shipping costs are low. No boats. No planes. No custom fees passed on to the customer. Just good old American manufacturing ingenuity!!

2) BMR springs are manufactured by a spring company that has been making springs for over 140 years. Think about it...when GM was founded in 1908, this spring company had already been making springs for 40 years.

3) BMR springs are manufactured by a family-owned spring company. The same family has owned this company for 140+ years (6 generations). No corporate bail-outs. No passing the buck. When your name has been on the door for 140 years, you make sure that you own the best spring manufacturing equipment available.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
pics are best
Old 05-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
pics are best
Here are some pictures for you.
Attached Images

BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #8
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
i dont get it, what do u mean by rating? like satisfaction? well im quite happy with their springs although mine is not the 1.2" its the 1", but its more than enough for a daily driver.

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #9
chaseroesner

Drives: 2010 chevy camaro
Will I be able to run 275x40x20 with a 10.5" wheel in the front and 305x40x20 with an 11" wheel rear? If so I plan on ordering. Thanks!
chaseroesner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseroesner View Post
Will I be able to run 275x40x20 with a 10.5" wheel in the front and 305x40x20 with an 11" wheel rear? If so I plan on ordering. Thanks!
That will depend entirely on your wheel offset, but most people don't have trouble running that size. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
chaseroesner

Drives: 2010 chevy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
That will depend entirely on your wheel offset, but most people don't have trouble running that size. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Thanks Tyler, I'm just 17 so I'm new at this. I'll be running the stock RS wheels for a few months until I have the money to get the TSW Nurburgrings and the rear 305s. If I purchase the rear 305s now will I be able to switch my RS wheel that is on the stock 245 up front to the stock 275 in the rear and put that wheel that's on the 275 now on a 305 until I get my new wheels? Or should I just wait? And I was thinking on my new wheels +20 front and +35 rear. Thanks again!
chaseroesner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:01 AM   #12
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Why doesn't bmr offer a 1inch ride height for the v6?
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, bmr, rating, suspension, v6 engine