Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-28-2009, 07:07 AM   #15
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Hi,

Is Mark at Elcho giving you supplier discount on the car? If so, I'll move over from my Elcho dealer to yours. I would hate to do that to such a nice guy, but in the end, I have to take care of myself and my money.

What is your priority in line. I'm #3. Were one of the other elcho guys here 1 or 2 that got into the march build? I should be first in line for the april build.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #16
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
I feel like this there IS Gms pricing and we have the pricing guide on here that reflects that. Don't put yourself out of an addition $2900 or more being impatient and paying MSRP or more. I love this car, been waiting 3 years, but through 10 cars, 5 of which were bought brand new, i have NEVER paid msrp. You may as well pay full price for everything. If dealer doesnt want to give me GMS i swear i am NOT buying that car. No exceptions.
Think back to a your first flat screen purchase. If retailer1 is selling it for $1200 but retailer2 is selling it for $900 you SHOULD drive the 40-50 extra miles out of your way. Do not be irresponsible my fellow Cam Fam. I love the car as much as you but if the dealer DOESN'T want to honor what you're entitled to, get it somewhere else. You'll regret it later from your payments being some 17-25 higher over the life of the loan from your own impatience. That could've been a rim upgrade, ground effects kit, racing stripes, etc.

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #17
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStko View Post
I feel like this there IS Gms pricing and we have the pricing guide on here that reflects that. Don't put yourself out of an addition $2900 or more being impatient and paying MSRP or more. I love this car, been waiting 3 years, but through 10 cars, 5 of which were bought brand new, i have NEVER paid msrp. You may as well pay full price for everything. If dealer doesnt want to give me GMS i swear i am NOT buying that car. No exceptions.
Think back to a your first flat screen purchase. If retailer1 is selling it for $1200 but retailer2 is selling it for $900 you SHOULD drive the 40-50 extra miles out of your way. Do not be irresponsible my fellow Cam Fam. I love the car as much as you but if the dealer DOESN'T want to honor what you're entitled to, get it somewhere else. You'll regret it later from your payments being some 17-25 higher over the life of the loan from your own impatience. That could've been a rim upgrade, ground effects kit, racing stripes, etc.
Something tells me that the other ten cars you bought were nowhere near this popularity when they first came out. I'm sure 99% of people in the U.S. have not paid MSRP for their cars, but when it comes to cars like this, it kind of breaks that rule. At least for the first year or so.

Am I getting it now because I'm impatient and want to be the first one on my block to have it, your darn right. Sometimes you just have to live a little. Besides, like you, I'm doing something else I've never done with any other car I've bought. I'm putting down almost $17,000 on it. The most I've ever done was $1,000 (or none at all). So, like I said above, this car kind of breaks the rules on how people think about buying a car. With that much down, I'll already be saving $1,500 - $2,500 on interest alone. Sounds like a savings to me.

Of course, your also talking to the same person who bought THE very first protable DVD player on the market. I think it was about $1,200 and came with half the options they have these days. What are they now a days? About $150 or less. BUt let me tell you, the thrill of being the first to own it was great

Sean
Old 02-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #18
Show-Me-SS

Drives: Saturn Sky,Camaro1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Hi,

Is Mark at Elcho giving you supplier discount on the car? If so, I'll move over from my Elcho dealer to yours. I would hate to do that to such a nice guy, but in the end, I have to take care of myself and my money.

What is your priority in line. I'm #3. Were one of the other elcho guys here 1 or 2 that got into the march build? I should be first in line for the april build.
I haven't been able to secure supplier pricing from Mark, he said that they would probably not honor supplier pricing. My paper work says MSRP plus any GM incentives at time of delivery. I'm guessing that supplier pricing is not considered a GM incentive. He said that the supplier price comes out of the dealers pocket and is not reimburshed by GM. Mark told me that he had the 1st 2 orders that were picked up and Pat( your salesman) had spots 3 and 4. Mark has priority spots 5 which is me and 6 which is some guy from Maryland. So it sounds like your next and then someone else and then me. I assume that whatever deal you get I will get. I'm betting we will propably pay MSRP in the end. I don't know Pat but I think switching salesman will probably not get you anywhere as far a price is concerned. We will have to hook up after we get our cars and go for a long drive.

Last edited by Show-Me-SS; 02-28-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Show-Me-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #19
Roger Ramjet
Motor Head

Drives: CTS-V
Guess who is from Maryland.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #20
Show-Me-SS

Drives: Saturn Sky,Camaro1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjet View Post
Guess who is from Maryland.
COOL I didn't catch that. Mark seems to be a great guy. I have confidence he will take good care of me. I had to go to Kansas City to get my 2007 Saturn Sky because all the dealers in St. Louis were charging over MSRP, so I know what it's like to travel to get a new car. You certainly are traveling much further that I had to. I have a good friend I used to work with that has bought several cars from Mark and he assured me that I went to the right guy, After meeting and talking to Mark several times I am convinced I did the right thing. So now we wait and then let the good times roll. The next time I talk to Mark I'll tell him that I found out who " the guy from Maryland is". I'm tring not to call him unless it's necessary because I know he is busy and I know he will call me if anything comes up.
Show-Me-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #21
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show-Me-SS View Post
COOL I didn't catch that. Mark seems to be a great guy. I have confidence he will take good care of me. I had to go to Kansas City to get my 2007 Saturn Sky because all the dealers in St. Louis were charging over MSRP, so I know what it's like to travel to get a new car. You certainly are traveling much further that I had to. I have a good friend I used to work with that has bought several cars from Mark and he assured me that I went to the right guy, After meeting and talking to Mark several times I am convinced I did the right thing. So now we wait and then let the good times roll. The next time I talk to Mark I'll tell him that I found out who " the guy from Maryland is". I'm tring not to call him unless it's necessary because I know he is busy and I know he will call me if anything comes up.
I've had the same experiance with Pat at Elcho. My friend refered me to him because his family has bought over fifteen vehicles from him over the years. I still plan to push the discount at signing though. It's worth a shot.