Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
elvism

Drives: 08 BMW X5, 05 MUSTANG GT
i received an email from a chevy dealer telling me i can order the camaro in april?

true or b.s.???
elvism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #2
Gatecrasher
User

Drives: 1994 Stealth R/T Turbo
I'm skeptical. The car doesn't even officially go on sale until next February. I can't imagine GM would start officially taking orders before the final car is even announced.

Now perhaps this dealer is just willing to take your deposit to put you on a waiting list so that you have the right to purchase one of the first cars that particular store receives, but I highly doubt they're going to have any kind of official ordering information 5 months prior to the unveiling and ~10 months prior to the actual on-sale date.
Gatecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
If you are comfortable with scanning it and posting it, we may be able to make a better guess. Black out any personal information.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
If you are comfortable with scanning it and posting it, we may be able to make a better guess. Black out any personal information.

The birdies say that in ~5 months we should be getting the real meat-an'-Potatoes info...April is before 5 months........
Old 02-15-2008, 09:25 PM   #5
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

The birdies say that in ~5 months we should be getting the real meat-an'-Potatoes info...April is before 5 months........
so july we should be seeing some kind of order forma and options????
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
No, no, no....I never said that. I've just heard whispers (not even to the rumor stage, yet) That in 4-6 months we should be entertained by some real info.
Anything before this imaginary timeframe is ludicrous to me, anyways. The darn thing ain't being built untill October...so April is a little early to be reading about options, and such. If I were a betting man, I'd place money on ~August.

Just to be clear - what I'm saying has absolutely no merit - but I thought I'd mention it, anyways.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
K. Phil

Drives: Dodge Intrepid
Send a message via AIM to K. Phil
Once when dealers do start taking orders, will you be able to order a custom color from GM? For example, if I'm not satisfied with any of the choices, is it possible to have it custom painted at the factory and then have the factory deliver it to my dealer? I know this might sound like a newb question, but this will be my first new car. (Still saving though...) And I really love the classic Lemans blue and I'm afraid that it might not be a color option...
Old 02-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #8
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
K.Phil,

They are not going to be able to do the custom color, the colors haven't been released yet so hopefully, you'll like one of those.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #9
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
No, no, no....I never said that. I've just heard whispers (not even to the rumor stage, yet) That in 4-6 months we should be entertained by some real info.
Anything before this imaginary timeframe is ludicrous to me, anyways. The darn thing ain't being built untill October...so April is a little early to be reading about options, and such. If I were a betting man, I'd place money on ~August.

Just to be clear - what I'm saying has absolutely no merit - but I thought I'd mention it, anyways.
i was basing my time line on the same as the challanger. they took orders for them back in october and it just hit the floors this month.so that was about 4 months early. and i know for other cars gm has sold they had an early order ex: solstice and sky,z06 when it first came out, and i think the escalade even did when they came out as 07 in march of 06
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #10
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
As a general rule I don't trust dealers. My initial reaction is to assume they are either misinformed or just want to put you on the waiting list for the waiting list. I could be wrong though.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #11
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
My grandpa knows a guy really well that works at one of the local Chevy dealers around here. The salesman told my grandpa that he had a guy come in and tell him he wanted to make a down payment on a Camaro. The salesman was kind of like "Um, we haven't received paperwork or any information on the car yet, are you sure you want to do that?" and he said he did. So the salesman filled out the paperwork and took a deposit for the guy, because he pretty much refused to walk out of there still holding his money.

Take that as you will, but if the dealer didn't act like they were comfortable taking my money and if they told me there was no hard information on the vehicle out yet, I don't believe I would just leave my $500 or so laying around somewhere. But at the same time, the dealer DID take the deposit...
Old 02-15-2008, 11:09 PM   #12
Gatecrasher
User

Drives: 1994 Stealth R/T Turbo
The thing you've got to realize is that most (not all, but MOST) dealerships are less informed than us enthusiasts. The majority of them don't know a damn thing until GM posts and official communication of info, by which time the enthusiast community is several weeks ahead of said communication.
Gatecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:07 AM   #13
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Phil View Post
Once when dealers do start taking orders, will you be able to order a custom color from GM? For example, if I'm not satisfied with any of the choices, is it possible to have it custom painted at the factory and then have the factory deliver it to my dealer? I know this might sound like a newb question, but this will be my first new car. (Still saving though...) And I really love the classic Lemans blue and I'm afraid that it might not be a color option...
I know here at the plant I work at you usta could order almost any color you want....but your gonna pay for it and wait for it.
unkbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:19 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Yeah...I'd like to see what they had to say too. Or, just copy/paste the info and delete your personal info. I'm curious to see exactly what they said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Phil View Post
No. I tried doing this when I ordered mine and they said no. Now a dealer on the other hand...might do it for you for the right price. My dealer said they do not repaint in custom colors. They only work w/ factory paints. I guess you could get lucky and find a dealer that might....but chances are no.:(

If GM is saying it'll be hitting dealers around late Jan/Feb, I would think that we could expect info around Oct and orders around Nov. This is just what I think.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote