Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 03-04-2014, 03:07 AM   #1
JohnJr
Retired USAF

Drives: 2011 2SS A6 RJT
Stock Airbox for SS Needed!

I'm having issues with my SS showing the CEL. Codes are P0171 and P0174 (left and right banks lean). Took it to the stealer and they say they need the stock airbox back on it to troubleshoot the problem further. Does anyone happen to have a stock airbox for sale? Thanks.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:15 AM   #2
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
I still have my stock air intake but live inn TX. I'm willing to part with it if you want it.
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
Pflyn lo

Drives: 2013 summit white zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJr View Post
I'm having issues with my SS showing the CEL. Codes are P0171 and P0174 (left and right banks lean). Took it to the stealer and they say they need the stock airbox back on it to troubleshoot the problem further. Does anyone happen to have a stock airbox for sale? Thanks.
I have mine in my garage. You can have it. I am in Bonney lake but work in Lakewood so we could meet or you can come to my house. Whatever works for you
Pflyn lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
JohnJr
Retired USAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pflyn lo View Post
I have mine in my garage. You can have it. I am in Bonney lake but work in Lakewood so we could meet or you can come to my house. Whatever works for you
Thank you both for the offer! I can definitely meet you in Lakewood if that works for you.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
How long have you had the CAI on the car? I tripped the same CEL's after putting on my CAI and hi flo cats. I no longer get those codes. It takes time for the computer to relearn the new systems.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:19 AM   #6
JohnJr
Retired USAF

The car had some work done at a body shop recently and they appeared shortly after getting it back. They had the CAI off but most of the work was done on the fascia and radiator. Ran fine before that for a year. Going to put a stock intake back on and take it to a different dealer.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:55 AM   #7
Applegarth

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS
If you can wait for the weekend...I have a scanner at home, we could do some troubleshooting before you resort to the dealership. I believe I still have the stock airbox in the attic that we can install if we can't fix it.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #8
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
I have my airbox laying around somewhere but I never got codes when I installed my CAI and "race scoop." Something else could be going on.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
Pflyn lo

Drives: 2013 summit white zl1
Let me know if you want that tube I was missing. I can track it down and meet up.
Pflyn lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #10
bowtie98607

Drives: 12 SS2RS, 73 RS/TypeLT, 68 Vette
There is another issue going on. That would not throw a code.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #11
JohnJr
Retired USAF

Just wanted to say "Thanks" to Pflyn lo for the stock air box and give an update.
I removed the Vararam "Power Wedge" and the codes went away. Looks like that is what put me into lean territory. Still drives great with the CAI and ported TB. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #12
Jayhawk500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJr View Post
Just wanted to say "Thanks" to Pflyn lo for the stock air box and give an update.
I removed the Vararam "Power Wedge" and the codes went away. Looks like that is what put me into lean territory. Still drives great with the CAI and ported TB. Thanks for the suggestions.
I had one of the first Vararam's. Didn't like it. Sent it back and got a Halltech Yellowjacket. Love it!

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #13
bensaini7

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS LS3
I am looking to buy the stock airbox for my 2012 SS. Broke a clip while trying to change the filter with the K&N one. I am in Queens, NY. Will also pay for shipping cost if any of you would like to get rid of the stock airbox and free some space in your garage! Feel free to send me a message. Thanks!
bensaini7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #14
Jayhawk500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensaini7 View Post
I am looking to buy the stock airbox for my 2012 SS. Broke a clip while trying to change the filter with the K&N one. I am in Queens, NY. Will also pay for shipping cost if any of you would like to get rid of the stock airbox and free some space in your garage! Feel free to send me a message. Thanks!
Have you tried a salvage yard? I have one, but I'm going to hang onto it. Also, try eBay. Go to the ebay motors section and type in 2010-2012 airbox, they will pop up.