Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #29
Krozzbow

Drives: 2LT/BB 3.6 V6 6-M Jun'09 #A9100242
There will always be critics no matter what you had, have and want. So for those “Live and let Live”
Old 05-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #30
NoMercy

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by highmark View Post
Take the Camaro out. Meet some hot chick (with a house), Move in with her and take over the garage. Pay your share of the house. Rub it in co workers face and live happily ever after.
LMAO!!
I like the way you think!!
NoMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #31
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
We owned a house for 4 years. We ended up selling it to move across country and lost 2k on the sale. I can tell you we are not in a hurry to buy another one. Getting our house ready to be sold was the most stressful thing I have ever been through. I never want to go through that again.

A house is not an investment. I don't care what they tell you. The costs associated with a house are enormous. It's just not the house payment you have to think about. It's maintenance, lawn work, security, landscaping, upkeep, the cost of filling it up with furniture and decorations, taxes and insurance. Plus, if you get a 30 year mortgage and pay only the monthly payment you are going to end up paying two to three times what you initially bought the house for (depending on your interest rate). So to make money on your "investment", you better hope your house is worth three times as much in 30 years. There are SO many people who bought the "American Dream" and are now upside down in their loans (their houses are worth less than what they owe) because of the housing bubble bursting. I'm sure if those people could do it all over again, they wouldn't have bought the house.

Enjoy the car for now...you can always buy a house later.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #32
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc9193 View Post
Life is to short to worry about what other people think. Enjoy all your toys and buy the house,condo or whatever when you are ready. They don't pay your bills or sleep in your bed. Jealousy is a mofo.
I find that a lot of people change when the see you with a nice car.

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #33
BTex68

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
HOLY CRAP SAME SITUATION FOR ME!!!!
im 23, still living at home and went and bought this beautiful car.
i got lucky and was hired onto the chicago fire dept at 21... guys at the firehouse always give me sh!t for not moving out and "blowing my money on this stupid car"
im sorry, i've been blessed, not many 22/23 year olds have the opportinity to purchase a car like this. dont get me wrong, i've had 750$ a check taken out before i got my hands on it and going directly to my credit union account since i can remember... parents are moving within the next year or so, so why not stick around and be able to save over 1400 a month?
thats my logic

They are right. House first, toys second.
If you get the toys first you may never get the house. Plus it's a great time to get a house. May not see opportunities like this again for 20+ years.

-Debbie Downer
BTex68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #34
BTex68

Drives: 2010 SSRS
LOL. the guys aren't jealous. If they want one they'll get one. They are cheap. My f150 cost more than my loaded SS. or they can get the v6 for much cheaper.
They just see a young guy making young decisions and want to help.
BTex68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #35
QBert
Traction Control Hater

Drives: 1968 SS and 2010 SS
Cars turned into homes for me. At one point, I realized I had to sacrifice some for the other, in the long run now, and I am only 39, I have my home, a rental and bitchen cars. Right now is the time to buy a home, you will not be able make deals like this in 10 years. Cars are pretty much replaceable. I even found and got back my 68 after selling it 8 years earlier. My opinion is do what feels right for you, buying a home is a lot more involved than a car and you should only purchase one if you want to and can afford to. Forget about what everyone else says...........they are not paying your bills.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #36
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
i totally understand that i could very easily be driving my paid off 05 cobalt and be saving an extra 700 a month, however i am into cars, i like cars, and i would rather be living it up at 23 with a car like this than be 40 with a....2030 camaro lol

i understand that financially this is the wrong way to go about it BUT WHATS THE FUN IN THAT?!?!
i would rather be having tons of fun in my younger years
having a camaro at 40 with a wife and kids (im assuming) is probably not as fun at being single with a camaro at 23

i will move out and i will have a house... i just postponed that a year or two to have tons of fun, and drive a nice car. what good is a house without anyone to share it with (g/f, wife, kids, ect...) i work 24 hour shifts and when im off, im RARELY home so what good is a house going to do me right now when all i do is sleep and shower in one, and nothing else

i didnt buy this car for anyone else besides me, nor to "show off" yes i like it when people comment, but u will never hear me bring up the fact that i drive a camaro in conversation unless that question is asked (i get the "your just trying to show off" all the time)

this is my point, justified or not this is what i chose and im very happy with it... what i really need to do is get a studio in downtown chicago... then the possibilities will be endless

Nothing wrong with having a wife and kids enjoying the car as well...As long as you have a wife and kids that feel the LOVE like some of us do. If that is the case...consider yourself one lucky husband. I am fortunate my wife has put up with my car habits for over 25 years now...She has just plain given up.
She asks no questions just rolls her eyes.

Anyway...Where I am going with this is..enjoy everything while you can. To heck with everyone else.I am an old boy but I have seen Money and houses come and go with the economy...I have seen wives leave over cars, Now that is a costly endeavor. So I say...Just Do it...if you can pay the bills.

You never know what might happen in this strange world in which we live that may take that opportunity away from you in the future. No one can take the memories you have and will have with the car away from you. Those last a life time.

Thosee same guys giving you a hard time about Depriciation...I bet when they spend money on Fishing trips ...Vacations, golf trips. That my friend is depriciation absolutely no residual value other than memories. At least at the end of the day you do have something to sell if and when you are ready.

Hard to get back money from a vaca...that might have had lousy weather all week if you know what I mean.

As long as you can make the payment and no one else is picking up your slack. Who Cares...

Just one old mans opinion who has been very frugel over the years. Only to see the gvmt and crooks piss away most of the value of what I saved for.

Spend it while you got it..No regrets!

By the way I say this with a 18 year old in my home getting ready to leave for college. So I am no Hipocrit...

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #37
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Besides I would live in a garage with my cars before giving up my cars for a house.

My wife is fully aware of that. She knew I was a motor head when she married me and I made it very clear before the wedding that she knew that would not change.

It is a delicate balance...she still gets everything she wants. She doesn't go without.
She does make jabs every now and than but mostly in jest.

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #38
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Quote:
i would rather be having tons of fun in my younger years
having a camaro at 40 with a wife and kids (im assuming) is probably not as fun at being single with a camaro at 23
Actually..I had two Camaros from ages 16 to 27, and while yes..I had a blast with them...it's way more fun now...at 40... because I can afford to make it exactly what I want it be without worrying about it having problems while being my daily driver...Go ahead.....ask us "old" guys who's having more fun
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #39
will69camaro

Drives: 1969 and 2010 Camaros
Dont worry about what other people think. I stopped and life got much more simple. I spend the money how I see fit and enjoy what I have. We've been fortunate enough to build a custom house and buy a new camaro and still have the funds to modify it as we desire. We're only 25!

Enjoy your youth!

William
Old 05-08-2010, 01:30 PM   #40
rayhawk

Drives: Trailblazer SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTex68 View Post
They are right. House first, toys second.
If you get the toys first you may never get the house. Plus it's a great time to get a house. May not see opportunities like this again for 20+ years.

-Debbie Downer

You must be a realtor, they are the only people saying it is a great time to buy. Go back to 2000, adjust prices for inflation, that is how much a house will cost again once the government gets their hand out of the real estate market.

07 2WD Trailblazer SS, LS1 E-fans, 4" FWI, pcmforless tune
rayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #41
Dave2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
jealousy and envy, probably didn't enjoy life like you at your age..
+11111111111111

This is exactly what it is!!! That guy is super Jealous. Tell him to STFU and leave you alone.

Richmond (Houston), TX
Dave2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #42
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Keep the Camaro, ignore the critics