Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
tylermoore

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/LS3 Victory Red
Exclamation NEW, Items that are supposedly being held back.

Today as i sat infront of a sales person to order my GEN 5 he told me the low down on some constraints.

1. As we all know CGM is on hold, but now SUMMIT WHITE is also. The letter he had, which i read we he left the room said that they were still checking for availability.

2. V-6 also is on hold, the letter stated that due to each dealer ordering only one or something that they were on hold i guess until more orders were filled

3. Hurst shifter also on hold, according to the letter it will not be available right off the get go, why i dont know but the letter said that it will be available in the future and that it will be offered as factory RPO or a dealer LPO option. Basically you can buy it when it comes out.

4. High wing spolier was also on hold.

Now for the good.

The person who put their order in before me was at number 1 and his order was pulled today, i guess that is to begin the production process.
So, i dont know for sure that the March16 start date is true? Can someone inform me if they have heard the same about any of these restraints.
tylermoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
This is all old news. Search through the posts and you will find this all posted in other threads.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Yep

Old 02-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermoore View Post
Today as i sat infront of a sales person to order my GEN 5 he told me the low down on some constraints.

1. As we all know CGM is on hold, but now SUMMIT WHITE is also. The letter he had, which i read we he left the room said that they were still checking for availability.

2. V-6 also is on hold, the letter stated that due to each dealer ordering only one or something that they were on hold i guess until more orders were filled

3. Hurst shifter also on hold, according to the letter it will not be available right off the get go, why i dont know but the letter said that it will be available in the future and that it will be offered as factory RPO or a dealer LPO option. Basically you can buy it when it comes out.

4. High wing spolier was also on hold.

Now for the good.

The person who put their order in before me was at number 1 and his order was pulled today, i guess that is to begin the production process.
So, i dont know for sure that the March16 start date is true? Can someone inform me if they have heard the same about any of these restraints.
Thanks for posting....Your probably like me and dont have alot of time to
check out every tread, every night. Yeh this is old news, but thanks for
trying to help!.....WELOME TO THE SITE

Last edited by NAHURRY; 02-19-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: welcome
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
CommandoSS

Drives: 05 Chevy Avalanche, 67 Camaro
The V6 is on hold? This is news to me. So GM is only going to produce V8's for the first few months of production?
Old 02-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommandoSS View Post
The V6 is on hold? This is news to me. So GM is only going to produce V8's for the first few months of production?
GM is producing a bunch of V6s so they can basically have one at every dealer for the launch of production. It is believed that becaues of that, the V6 orders are constrained.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
OOOPS sorry... Forgot to welcome ya
Old 02-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
OOOPS sorry... Forgot to welcome ya
Yeah, me too! Sorry. BTW, I wasn't trying to be mean. Just want people to know there is a lot of great information out there for those willing to use the search button.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
tylermoore

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/LS3 Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Yeah, me too! Sorry. BTW, I wasn't trying to be mean. Just want people to know there is a lot of great information out there for those willing to use the search button.
Its no problem but i just wanted to post it so everyone could see, i thought it just came out?

My bad,
Old 02-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #10
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
Ok this maybe a dumb question...I ordered my 2SS/RS with the hurst short throw. does this mean im gonna have to wait longer than others or that it will come without it and they will install it when its ready?

VIN: 2G1FT1EW8A9118043
Finally Home! (6/16)
Red Hot SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommandoSS View Post
I agree, didn't know this either. I read here they were going to try and place a v6 in the dealer show rooms on production. But I also read here at one time that the v6's were to be made before the v8's then another time I read they were gonna try and make half and half. So I am thinking I will know for sure when the cars come out. I called my dealer like 2 times this week with no reply. I have the order no. posted on the picture GM sent out but when I posted it here on the thread that was closed. The dealer that posted that thread said that order no. was not an actual order no to look up in the system.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #12
sewwhut

Drives: 09busa,67sub,96tahoe,baja5t
this site is bad for my health!!! don't know what to belive anymore!
sewwhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #13
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
Thanks for the info, Tyler. I didn't know about the white being delayed. Also didn't know about the high wing spoiler being delayed.

One thing about this board is that it is very busy here, there's always a lot of info coming down the pipe at any given time. It's hard to keep on top of every development. As useful as the Search feature is, sometimes it's easier to ask about something and get an updated response from board members. Also, things are constantly changing, and it's not always best to tell someone to search for topics. As often as things change, most times the information in old threads is outdated, and just plain wrong. Even threads that are a couple days old are now wrong due to changes being made by GM daily.

Searching is good, but not always the best option.
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #14
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hot SS View Post
Ok this maybe a dumb question...I ordered my 2SS/RS with the hurst short throw. does this mean im gonna have to wait longer than others or that it will come without it and they will install it when its ready?
You need to decide if you want to wait a few weks and get the RPO shifter, or prevent delay and delete that option for faster build, that is, if you're one of the first cars in line for build. Call your dealer and see if it even affects your car, it may not.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote