Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-11-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
Me vs 05 style gt

At the track tonight I had a pretty interesting race. I was running my full bolton SS vs a mustang gt which was the 05 style. I'd raced one before and it was scarey close. The track is the nashville superspeedway and they run the 1/8th on the pit row. The first time out there it was slick. I don't think they use a drop of vht which greatly helps traction. So I'm getting ready to race and they have about 4 different lanes to pick the cars the officials want to run to keep it interesting. Well they put me up against the gt and I was nervous because I knew how without traction my car won't really shine in such a short race. In the 1/8th there's very little room for error because you really don't have time to play catch up. lol

Well we staged, lights change and he jumps before me and I'm like damn there goes the 60ft... before I got going good I noticed he red lighted which already gave me the win. I didn't let that stop me from running that pony down. I get to hauling ass in 1st, then hit 2nd with a good chirp and thrust forward. With every shift I'm catching up and pulling more and more. By the top of 3rd I got him by a nose at the end of it. I've only raced 2 of those style stangs and beat them both. I've definitely got more power, but they've got better gearing.

The car from tonight was is an auto like the first one.

I love close races. We were both on street tires, the track was unprepped so my launching abilities, as well as everybody elses, was very limited.

Last edited by 7CAMARO7; 08-23-2009 at 07:01 PM.
7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:13 AM   #2
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Nice story..they had you guys racing on pit row and you had the choice of four lanes? Thats crazy
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:43 AM   #3
7CAMARO7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Nice story..they had you guys racing on pit row and you had the choice of four lanes? Thats crazy
yea, its like 4 lanes at first then they pick from the 4 who runs who, then you pull into your lane of the 2 ahead and they have a tree, but no time board:( They don't even have a light at the end to let the drivers know who won.

The only thing that really bothers me is that they don't prep the track. I'd be about half a second faster. I know this because I've run on a prepped track before and my best is .5 faster than my average at this track.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:36 AM   #4
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CAMARO7 View Post
At the track tonight I had a pretty interesting race. I was running my full bolton SS vs a mustang gt which was the 05 style. I'd raced one before and it was scarey close. The track is the nashville superspeedway and they run the 1/8th on the pit row. The first time out there it was slick. I don't think they use a drop of vht which greatly helps traction. So I'm getting ready to race and they have about 4 different lanes to pick the cars the officials want to run to keep it interesting. Well they put me up against the gt and I was nervouse because I knew how without traction my car won't really shine in such a short race. In the 1/8th there's very little room for error because you really don't have time to play catch up. lol

Well we staged, lights change and he jumps before me and I'm like damn there goes the 60ft... before I got going good I noticed he red lighted which already gave me the win. I didn't let that stop me from running that pony down. I get to hauling ass in 1st, then hit 2nd with a good chirp and thrust forward. With every shift I'm catching up and pulling more and more. By the top of 3rd I got him by a nose at the end of it. I've only raced 2 of those style stangs and beat them both. I've definitely got more power, but they've got better gearing.

The car from tonight was is an auto like the first one.

I love close races. We were both on street tires, the track was unprepped so my launching abilities, as well as everybody elses, was very limited.

congrats on the win

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:31 AM   #5
7CAMARO7

thank you

bout time to get some stickier tires.

Me 2, 05+GTs 0

Last edited by 7CAMARO7; 08-23-2009 at 07:04 PM.