Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

View Poll Results: The wife says get a Vette, what should I do?
Keep the 1LE, it is awesome and makes the most sense. 45 18.00%
Live the dream, get the Stingray before time runs out. 163 65.20%
Sell the the house and all the cars and live in a trailer in Key West. 42 16.80%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #71
Narc1911

Drives: 2013 1LE Victory Red
I love my 1LE. Favorite car I've ever owned by miles. I spend hours maintaining it and researching parts for it every week. But if my wife gave the OK I'd drop it for a C7 in a heartbeat. Well preferably I'd keep both but that is even less likely to happen.
Narc1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #72
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany323 View Post
its a trap. its like whats wrong honey? "nothing". you know better.. gl with choice. .02 do what makes you happy. you cant take it with you.
HA HA!! That's true. When they say,...."nothing", you know it's "something!" LOL

And for the comment about you can't take it with you, I agree. The older I get, the more I agree.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #73
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
It's a brutally tough choice. I am looking for new toy car shortly just paid off my current one and im leaning towards Camaro 1le because i want V8 muscle car with V8 growl. But also on the list is Challenger SRT8 core, 2015 Mustang, Corvette C7. I can afford which ever one i want but will eat into toy budget and i like having other toy too. So question is will you enjoy the vette 20 grand more then they camaro, will you be willing to live with vette longer ( that's my down fall I know i will want the next new shiny car in 4-5 years and with camaro the depreciation will be more tolerable) to off set the losses. If you ar still looking check out Macmulkin Chevy in New Hampshire they are listing C7's for 3000 under MSRP on some cars they have in stock already and they have almost a hundred in stock or already ordered, and they sell a ton out of state they specialize in that can set delivery for your local dealer if you order through them also and from what Ive read on vette forum they do 2000 under msrp on orders.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #74
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
I can't believe so many people have to check with their wives. Every time I buy a car or motorcycle part, ironically a new pair of shoes shows up at the door a few days later. It's like don't ask don't tell!
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #75
SMN2011Z28
Always a work in progress

Drives: 2014 RRM SS RS 1LE
Unless there is something limiting you physically (the C7 will be lower), and you don't need the back seats (kids, grand kids etc), and you can do it financially, GET THE C7!!! You will not regret it at all!! Sell the Camaro privately to get close to what you paid (that may require patience that I personally wouldn't have) then get the STINGRAY!!!
SMN2011Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:54 PM   #76
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I guess my question is, If payments or cost aren't an issue why didn't you get a Corvette to begin with? Maybe you like the Camaro more which means you should keep it. I love my Camaro but would do Corvette if I had the chance.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #77
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Cue the jeopardy music. DECISIONS DECISIONS??????????
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #78
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
If I had the money and didn't need a back seat I would get a vette.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #79
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
What do you want?

You ain't lying about housing costs, I'm from there (May Landing, etc).
from mays landing as well
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #80
charlie46

Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
When I was car shopping before I bought my 1le my wife told me to get the c6 vette but I liked the camaro better, the c7 however is a different story I would love to have one.
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #81
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
I can't believe so many people have to check with their wives. Every time I buy a car or motorcycle part, ironically a new pair of shoes shows up at the door a few days later. It's like don't ask don't tell!
Parts are one thing, whole cars are another. After a big promotion I brought a new car home. It didn't go so well. Now I check first. Things go much smoother.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #82
hiddenangels89

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
I voted, but wish to change my answer lol

Get the vette. one day you (as we all will) will wake up and have that 'i wish i would have...' feeling. get the vette, you've had your fun with the Camaro, time to move up. Splurge a little.
hiddenangels89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #83
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
I guess my question is, If payments or cost aren't an issue why didn't you get a Corvette to begin with? Maybe you like the Camaro more which means you should keep it. I love my Camaro but would do Corvette if I had the chance.
Good question. I wanted a Corvette but I knew I would be bothered by the little things. But now it sounds like Chevy has fixed the interior and taken the rest of the car to another level.

I have been doing my Vette research And I am wondering if I don't want a base 1LT with just NPP. Since mostly I drag race for motorsports fun , I wonder if I need the Z51 and MRC. The 1LT is very well equipped and the only thing missing is Homelink. The base Vette still is a great handling car. But then the Z51 is such a good deal, like the 1LE package. If I get the base car and get a discount, it would not be much more than my loaded 1LE. And yet every time I go out to the garage I look at the 1LE and want to keep it.

But it very clear what most of you would want to do. You only live once! I think most Camaro buyers are only live once people. Good company.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:19 PM   #84
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Good question. I wanted a Corvette but I knew I would be bothered by the little things. But now it sounds like Chevy has fixed the interior and taken the rest of the car to another level.

I have been doing my Vette research And I am wondering if I don't want a base 1LT with just NPP. Since mostly I drag race for motorsports fun , I wonder if I need the Z51 and MRC. The 1LT is very well equipped and the only thing missing is Homelink. The base Vette still is a great handling car. But then the Z51 is such a good deal, like the 1LE package. If I get the base car and get a discount, it would not be much more than my loaded 1LE. And yet every time I go out to the garage I look at the 1LE and want to keep it.

But it very clear what most of you would want to do. You only live once! I think most Camaro buyers are only live once people. Good company.
Buy the c7, keep the Camaro.. You def don't need the z51 unless you want the black wheels if you are looking to drag race. Auto x would be a different story.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote