Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #1
cadelennon

Drives: '15 Camaro 1lt,
the story of acquiring your Camaro.

lets hear the stories of why you chose camaro to the day you bought it.

i have wanted one since i was a little boy and when it came time to buy me a first car i was blown away when my mom brought up camaros. we looked at so many i really like the red ones until i came across a 2015 with the black appearance package and i fell in love. i will never forget the day i drove it out of the showroom!
cadelennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:58 PM   #2
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I had open heart surgery last year at age 39. Feeling depressed, the Camaro changed all that.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
White_Camaro

Drives: Camaro SS
I always liked cars when i was a little boy too. However i planned to replace my four cylinder with newer version of it instead. I was looking a scion FRS because i thought it was nice but decided not to go that route because it felt smaller than my four cylinder. I was not even looking at the camaro until i test drove an SS at a dealership. It was a blue ray metallic camaro with beige seats and i loved the way it handled on the street (during test drive). Unfortunately i spent too long debating on whether or not i should get it and it was sold :(. I spent the next few months searching the market for a camaro at a good deal. I eventually found a 2014 Summit White SS coupe which I test drove a few times and ended up getting it. I still have it and love it very much. I was also very excited when i drove it off the lot and back home (heart pounding).
White_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:04 PM   #4
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Dealer ran a $5000 off sale on every leftover '14 Camaro on his lot.

I picked out his cheapest one.
Attached Images

LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:11 PM   #5
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I saw the iom camaro in a parade...my wife and I decided when we bought...that was the car we would get. Found mine online 6 plus hours away over Christmas 3 years later. Went to pick it up..was driving it home on a thurs morning. Arrived to the dealership the night before.....it was a wed night. Tucked in with clear skies..woke up to almost 3 feet of snow on the ground. The city was shut down.....hung out at a mall right behind the hotel.....the tv was mostly in French. Fri morn the roads were clear enough to start heading home......my wife was in front of me..the car in front of her kicked up a piece of sheet metal on the highway. It skipped over her car and hit the pavement right in front of me.....this was 5 min into my drive. Crunch...it hit it dead on.....it hit the lower bumper causing a crack 4 inches long and a huge scratch....I was so angry. But as they say the rest is history.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:17 PM   #6
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
always wanted one but for various reasons I was never able to buy one, then in 2009 while setting in my office I saw a dark blue 5th gen SS go through the ATM at the bank I work at. I had heard a year earlier that the Camaro was coming back and thought the concept looked pretty cool. started to look around for any 5th gen I could get used, noticed a Silver 1LT on the lot of a dealership about an hour and a half from where I live. started keeping tabs on it. then fast forward to February 2010 and I just paid off my current ride a 2003 Grand Am. and the Silver 1LT was still at the dealership. bear in mind this is the snowmaggedeon winter of 09-10. no muscle car rear wheel drive vehicles are moving off the sales floors during the worst winter in 30 years. kept in touch with the salesman the whole time from early december til the day I drove my first Gen 5 camaro off the lot on march 27th 2010. got it for roughly 5 grand cheaper than the new ones were going for at the time. pretty good deal for the time, thing had less than 4 thousand on it when I drove it off the lot. have since upgraded to a 2011 2SS which had 3975 on it when I got it. and for another good deal saving roughly 7 grand buying it used. LOVE the 5th gen, plan on keeping this one for a while!!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:35 PM   #7
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Broke up with a girl. I went to Cars.com and searched for Camaros. I found many 2SS in Jersey, Bronx, Queens and a bunch in Rockland County. I found a 2LT/RS at Hyundai of White Plains and decided that a V6 was good enough for me and was very close. I took it for a test drive on a Monday and picked it up on Thursday.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #8
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Had an original '69 Z28, that my Grandfather bought in '70, and drove her about 400 miles a year. Had the car for the past 17 years and put $20K into the restoration and still needed paint and some other things. I figured another 10K to go. Wife said, 'after you get it restored, what are your plans?' I said, 'drive it every now and then'. She said, 'next reasonable offer that you get, you should take it and order you a new Camaro.' She also made a point that you could drive your new car a lot more. A fella that restores cars, saw my car and made me an offer that I COULD NOT REFUSE! Went online and ordered my 1LE. I love this car, no regrets! 2 days and a year ago, I got this car and I am now at 12,042 miles. The fella that got my car is finishing the restoration, which when is finished, the car will look like it came from the showroom floor. The car is about 45 minutes from me and he should be finished later this year. Pictures will follow, can't wait!
Old 04-19-2015, 05:46 PM   #9
MattMDR

Drives: 2014 2LS RRM
I wanted a Mustang conv and saw a used 2014 at the Ford dealer. It had 9400 miles on it and looked clean. I wasn't able to make a deal. Then I saw a RRM 2014 Camaro on the same lot, it had 3400 miles on it. The dealer wouldn't come down to what I considered to be a fair price. I went across the street to the Chevrolet dealer and he got me a brand new RRM Camaro for the same price as the used one.
I am quite happy with the car and I enjoy reading about other members adventures on this site.
MattMDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #10
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
My father had a 2010 2SS when they came out, I decided to follow him and I got a 2013 1LT/RS. Found that I was missing some stuff (nav,leather seats and of course the 8 banger) and decided to upgrade to a 14 2SS/RS when GM had the 20% off MSRP during christmas. It was like buying a new, base 1SS and getting everything thats not included for free! The HUD is just so sick.
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #11
tow

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange LS Camaro
Story of my Camaro purchase

My first car was a 1968 Camaro purchased in 1976 Had a 327, 4 speed with Hurst shifter. Was fast in a straight line but handled like a brick. Had it for 2 years and always regretted selling it.
36 years later I purchased as 2010 LS, IOM on 2/14/10. Many mods done all by me, no one has put a wrench on this car but me. When the 3.6 dies plan on going old school with a V8 crate motor with carburetor. Tying new to old something different. Reliving my youth through this build.
tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #12
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadelennon View Post
i have wanted one since i was a little boy and when it came time to buy me a first car i was blown away when my mom brought up camaros.
So you've wanted one for, what... 10 or 12 years and mommy finally bought you one? I'm happy for you, OP, but I guess I am driven by a little jealousy when I say: I, too, have wanted a Camaro since I was... young ("I've never been little") . I was 14, to be exact and that's when I saw my first Camaro, in 1967. I spent the next 45 years finishing school and working whatever jobs I could to pay my bills, then serving my country in uniform and civilian attire for a combined 31 years, all while providing for a wife and step-children, buying a home (several actually), and saving every dime I could in the mean time - preparing for retirement someday. With all that done and after retiring at 58 in December 2011, the day finally came when I could walk into a Chevy dealership and buy a brand new Camaro.

I'll bet I treasure mine more than you do! Enjoy it... you're a very luck young man.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:07 PM   #13
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
So you've wanted one for, what... 10 or 12 years and mommy finally bought you one? I'm happy for you, OP, but I guess I am driven by a little jealousy when I say: I, too, have wanted a Camaro since I was... young ("I've never been little") . I was 14, to be exact and that's when I saw my first Camaro, in 1967. I spent the next 45 years finishing school and working whatever jobs I could to pay my bills, then serving my country in uniform and civilian attire for a combined 31 years, all while providing for a wife and step-children, buying a home (several actually), and saving every dime I could in the mean time - preparing for retirement someday. With all that done and after retiring at 58 in December 2011, the day finally came when I could walk into a Chevy dealership and buy a brand new Camaro.

I'll bet I treasure mine more than you do! Enjoy it... you're a very luck young man.

Bought mine used after I turned 40(45 now), used was the only way I was going to afford one so did my home work and got the best deals I could for both of mine, love every inch of my SS. wouldn't have it any other way!!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:13 PM   #14
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
Bought mine used after I turned 40(45 now), used was the only way I was going to afford one so did my home work and got the best deals I could for both of mine, love every inch of my SS. wouldn't have it any other way!!
Definitely worth the wait, and effort.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote