Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
lakers67

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Foglight Bezel Removal?

I posted this question in the DIY section, with little sucess! Does anyone have any info on how to safely remove the foglight bezels? I bought some painted ones and I am wanting to do the work myself! Thanks!
lakers67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
Looking at the ones you bought should give you some sort of idea on how to take them out? Are there clips, etc. Or jack up car, crawl underneath and look from behind.
sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
It's not easy to get them out. There are 5 tabs that need to be pushed in. I think it's easiest to push a small screwdriver into the lower ones, while you push in and then pull out the upper ones. I did it myself and had one hand inside pushing the tabs, and one hand outside pulling the trim rings. Be patient and take your time and they will come out. I bent - didn't break - a few tabs.

See pictures in post #93
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=41212&page=3

Good luck!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #4
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Take the three torx screws out of the well cover, you have to access the tabs from behind the bezel (unlike the clown who tried to dig my fog lights out with a screw driver at the Walmart Parking lot), depress the tabs and many as you can at a time a pull the bezel out from the front. As you feel a tab release keep working slowly around until they all release, the bezel snaps back in.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote